2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if this size turntable is still available - it equates to a bit under 70 feet. Be careful though, Hejan also produce a lot larger turntable that equates to around 90 feet in length - a lot larger than anything that existed in this country.

It's a good job that St Blazey never had any of those 'twin napier brutes' stabled there then...;)

(Don't be drawn on that one Jon :D)

• Like 1

It's a good job that St Blazey never had any of those 'twin napier brutes' stabled there then... ;)

(Don't be drawn on that one Jon :D)

It did just fit and we manged to turn it - if you look very carefully the wheels are on the bridge. Someone took a video of it i'm sure.

I was worried about damaging its pipes tho, but we got away with it.

Jon said 'don't worry it only took me a couple of hours to get it to that state', or was it a couple of thousand hours - my memory fails me.

It certainly made me want to model Finsbury Park!!!

• Like 4

It did just fit and we manged to turn it - if you look very carefully the wheels are on the bridge. Someone took a video of it i'm sure.

I was worried about damaging its pipes tho, but we got away with it.

Jon said 'don't worry it only took me a couple of hours to get it to that state', or was it a couple of thousand hours - my memory fails me.

It certainly made me want to model Finsbury Park!!!

Hi Damian (I spelt it right this time :unsureclear: )

I can't remember what I said to be honest... but no the loco project was 13 months! The pipes were close, but yes it was all ok. Per your note on the size of the turntable, the 55 is 69'6" across the buffers, so the tt might be 70ft, but maybe in HO?

Now... yes, Finsbury Park... in P4 :crazy_mini:

I think that Chris video'd it.

Thanks for the memorable moments. I was proud to see my little model on your masterpiece of a layout.

Jon

• Like 4

Now Monaco would look good especialy with a 37 trundling through ! Whats on the boks exhibition wise in 2013 please?

ha ha yeah!

I did see some 37's in the Channel Tunnel yard at Dollands Moor tho.....

There aren't any firm invites for DitD next year as we have given over all of our efforts to getting 'Black Country Blues' finished and out on the circuit - First show Doncaster in Feb!!.

As ever the layout gets a lot of interest and I may take up a couple of offers just to get it out next year,

We'll see how the year and BCB pans out.