2ManySpams

Excitement today....

Deltic 2 has undertaken its first mainline runs. Just before this picture was taken on the York avoiding lines it had pulled Streak No 9 through the station into Holgate sidings.

Also of interest was that Streak number 8 was in York Works!!

KoYLI seemed to be clagging a bit. ;)

4.jpg

It seemed to be following No.9 round making nice noises - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63896-streak-brace/

Do tell....

I went to Tonbridge without a building that took up 50% of the backscene of Keyhaven. I knocked up a building from some card and duct tape; I don't think anyone noticed.

• Like 5

Oh no.

The kettle spotting old timer got it!

The trams in Nice only run under overheads on some of the sections, so i'm guessing for the rest, where there are no overheads, batteries are involved somewhere?

A very smart system that is clearly not that old and very very well used.

Is our French correspondent able to add comment?

There is a system with a third central "rail" (a metal strip divided into many short sections, with only those under the tram at any given time being powered), albeit not in Nice (where they apparently use batteries). A better explanation and pictures can be seen on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-level_power_supply.

post-1-0-43028600-1352225282_thumb.jpg

It seemed to be following No.9 round making nice noises - http://www.rmweb.co....6-streak-brace/

I went to Tonbridge without a building that took up 50% of the backscene of Keyhaven. I knocked up a building from some card and duct tape; I don't think anyone noticed.

I can certainly remember Mr York appearing at Tonbridge with Keyhaven, and some murmuring going round, but unfortunately I didn't get much chance to look at the layouts during the day :no2:

Colin

post-1-0-43028600-1352225282_thumb.jpg

It seemed to be following No.9 round making nice noises - http://www.rmweb.co....6-streak-brace/

ha ha ha, Join the 'Sans Building' club.

I'm guessing you're aware of the new turntable going in behind your shot?

I'm guessing you're aware of the new turntable going in behind your shot?

Indeed, everyone at the scene including some really genuine and helpful staff was very enthusiastic about it. It'll be a great asset.

Indeed, everyone at the scene including some really genuine and helpful staff was very enthusiastic about it. It'll be a great asset.

The turntable is ex Ferme Park, currently being restored (cracks found) and due to be installed towards the end of November.

This will allow the engineers triangle to be removed and the subsequent construction of the York 'ROC'- Route Operating Centre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a system with a third central "rail" (a metal strip divided into many short sections, with only those under the tram at any given time being powered), albeit not in Nice (where they apparently use batteries). A better explanation and pictures can be seen on https://en.wikipedia...l_power_supply.

This is similar to the Bordeaux tram system. The powers that be would not let the entrpruner, entreuprer, businessmen errect overhead lines in the historical parts of the city and the many bridges over the Gironde so parts of the city and the bridges have a flat metal strip that folds down as the tram arrives and power is picked up from underneath the tram as it proceeds, closing up again as it passes. The OH 'thingy' folding down as it does so, very clever!

Doug

• Like 1

This is similar to the Bordeaux tram system. The powers that be would not let the entrpruner, entreuprer, businessmen errect overhead lines in the historical parts of the city and the many bridges over the Gironde so parts of the city and the bridges have a flat metal strip that folds down as the tram arrives and power is picked up from underneath the tram as it proceeds, closing up again as it passes. The OH 'thingy' folding down as it does so, very clever!

Doug

Interesting!

BTW, love your Avatar

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Merry Christmas All !!

DitD is currently in hibenation for winter and while we are constructing the RMWebs 'Black Country Blues' (link below)

Hope to see you's soon......

Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you guys as well, it was great to meet you this year.

Colin

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas and a happy New year to you guys as well, it was great to meet you this year.

Colin

Well said, Colin. Meeting you the same splendid afternoon at Tonbridge was also a pleasure.

Knowing a few of the BCB team has made it an even more interesting project, that's certain.

• Like 3

Well said, Colin. Meeting you the same splendid afternoon at Tonbridge was also a pleasure.

Knowing a few of the BCB team has made it an even more interesting project, that's certain.

Thank you Ian, it was a pleasure to meet you as well, and glad you so enjoyed the exhibition.

Colin

• Like 1

BCB's certainly an "interesting" project, i'm currently forecasting having Christmas lunch on one of the fiddle yards!!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Eeeek.

Not this early - the tracks already wobbly enough.....

The cocktail seams to be a way of extracting me from "BCB" for my daily feed, sleep and nappy change.

At least you've not left starting the fiddles as late as I did on TG - wouldn't like to be building yards again at a show....

I'm still researching the charcoal filter trousers by the way...