2ManySpams

Overhead electrics, or somebody with a pooper-scooper?

Oh no.

The kettle spotting old timer got it!

The trams in Nice only run under overheads on some of the sections, so i'm guessing for the rest, where there are no overheads, batteries are involved somewhere?

A very smart system that is clearly not that old and very very well used.

Is our French correspondent able to add comment?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Who - me? Not been as far south as Nice, and the new-ish tramway in Le Mans is deffo catenary-only. The system is being expanded there, and other cities seem to be introducing them as fast as they can. In conjunction with park-and-ride, an idea whose time has arrived.

Who - me? Not been as far south as Nice, and the new-ish tramway in Le Mans is deffo catenary-only. The system is being expanded there, and other cities seem to be introducing them as fast as they can. In conjunction with park-and-ride, an idea whose time has arrived.

Hmmmm.

and i'm guessing it's like over here where they are putting back trams in places where the used to be many years ago?

By chance I was watching a video this afternoon that suggested there were more than one hundred tram systems in the UK at its peak.

Of course this might need working out now.

I bet 'Kettle Man' has a list somewhere.

Oh and quiz part two, does anyone know what this is??

post-8734-0-81322200-1352062042_thumb.jpg

The system the trams run on is also used for trolleybuses,when they reach a stop a charge is put into the motor and it carries on to the next stop a tecnology that makes tram systems a bit cheaper.Burt Lancasters film The Train was on today a brilliant film ,perhaps it was a PLM pacific it looked like it?

The picture is from the film "La Bete Humaine", A Paris Film Production, 1938.

Jean Gabin poses in the cab of a French Pacific on the Paris- Le Havre run. Possibly SNCF No. 22326, used in the last sequences of the film?

Directed by Jean Renoir, Script by J.R. from a novel by Emile Zola about a engine driver who is subject to murderous brainstorms and is involved in a love affair with Simone Simon.

By the way Jayne said, "Where's the wires?" when I first showed her the "Canney trammy".

More pictures please!

• Like 3