2ManySpams

The driver dumped all the weed killer over the new points so job done, which allowed the driver to pull over to the other end of Ditd yard and head over the road into the pub. Hard work gaining the thirst for a pint. so no need to touch new point or de-weed rest of yard - simples.

• RMweb Gold

I hope they have'nt spoilt it by moving the brewing from Horsham.

SS

When Hall and Woodhouse took over K & B closed the brewery and stopped producing the Old, Festive and Mild all of which were the best K & B ales. At the time the Gribble in Oving near Chichester was owned by Hall and Woodhouse so they occasionally brewed the Old and Mild but it was hard to find. Eventually The Gribble became independent and continues brewing its own beers today.

When the One part of the K & B set up WJ King brewery they started producing a rather nice Red Ale and an Old which is very similar to the K & B Old. They have recently done a Festive which we had a 2 litre take away and went down rather well.

All their ales are considerably nicer than the thought of drinking weed killer (attempting to try to get somewhere near back on topic)!!!!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Are there any more planned outings for DITD in the calendar?

Would still love to see the layout and my nearest miss was Uckfield but couldn't justify the flight back for it :(

Having relocated back to London I was rather hoping I could still get a chance to see it....

Loving that Highland Sulzers thread meanwhile :D

• RMweb Gold

If anyone's wondering the answer to the question was 37229 !

http://www.c37lg.co.uk/fleet.aspx?strnumber=37229

Many thanks, it was me that asked the question - I was after a 37 in unrebuilt condition, coal sector livery and suitable for Cornwall. I have a Farish one that I intend doing a number on.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Have you told Kim that it will be a permanent fleet member in Queensquare territory?

It won't feature on Highbury or Tucking Mill as it will be DCC - with sound etc. But it may well turn up on Wenfordbridge with a couple of silver bullets - I thing the PW inspector could be even more disapproving than Kim!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Are there any more planned outings for DITD in the calendar?

Would still love to see the layout and my nearest miss was Uckfield but couldn't justify the flight back for it :(

Having relocated back to London I was rather hoping I could still get a chance to see it....

Loving that Highland Sulzers thread meanwhile :D

Pete,

If you check any of 2ManySpams posts, there is a link in his signature to all their collective layout outings.

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

We're off to Expo EM (south) at Bracknell next year if that's any use?

Seen DITD a few times but may well come up to Bracknell to see it again. We did expo EM this year as the guest scale and really enjoyed it - nice venue and even better atmosphere.

Jerry