The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

wonderful geoff boycott wind up

colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

Like all very good wind ups it has just enough air of plausibility about it.

I did wonder when I heard it if the BBC would subsequently have to apologise for GB swearing on air.  Fortunately he didn't.  I gather GB has said that he'll get his own back !

• RMweb Gold

I thought he took it well.

I did wonder where the conversation might go while he still thought it was true. There was certainly some room for him to say the wrong thing.

I actually remember him getting his hundred ,hundred watching as a then 13 year old. :O 

I actually remember him getting his hundred ,hundred watching as a then 13 year old. :O

ISTR not before getting Derek Randall run out on his "home turf" at Trent Bridge ........... naughty :nono:

EDIT - Nope - that were another day

This bit's correct though ....................

Graham Roope jumping over "THE" shot as it went towards the boundary ........ might be remembering that wrong ???

The seventies - crickets' golden age IMHO ...................

Edited by Southernman46

• RMweb Gold

Superb. I chuckled out loud and I've still got a grin plastered all over my face just thinking about it.

So have I absolutely brilliant!

Mike

• RMweb Gold

It would not have wiped out his 100th 100 as he got more than 100; even it was true it would have just moved the date venue to Faislabad. However, could those of us who were there at Headingley have then sued ICC for emotional upset etc.

TMS at its best

Indeed. :yes:

Who else misses being able to watch the cricket on the TV*, but with the sound off, & TMS on the radio instead? ;) :mosking:

*edit; as in on 'normal' channels, pre-Sky Monopoly days. :mad:

Edited by F-UnitMad