SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Ok, a couple of pics of the Q. The only connection is that it was running on the day I took my Hattons P class to the line and uhmm the Bluebell shop had Hattons P Pioneer II on sale in their shop display cabinet.

post-15098-0-75847700-1524175270_thumb.jpg

In this next shot, I stood on the front of foot plate as the engine headed back to Sheffield Park. My Hattons Bluebell was in my camera bag at the time. Boy that was hairy, but how many can boast standing on the front foot plate of a steam loco heading backwards with a Hattons P class in a camera bag, try desperately not to fall off nor touch the hot smokebox door?

post-15098-0-85916200-1524175518_thumb.jpg

I bet I,m the only one....

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

That Q looks lovely sitting in the sun! What's the wreath on the smokebox door for?

I believe it was in memory of a long standing volunteer and seemingly semi permenant fixture at Sheffield Park who passed away recently.

Scroll down to the entry for 11th April on http://www.bluebell-railway.co.uk/bluebell/whats_new.html

It appears I have chip issues

Fitted my DCC concepts chip from my 03 and it runs perfectly

Well, received my 2 today, bit of a mixed bag. Both are beautiful to look at, but currently running awful.

When I fitted the Hattons 6 pin chip, the body was tight to pull down, no matter how I tried to wiggle them. And when I run them, they both stall on pretty much every set of points (electrofrog with switch feeds) I am quite disappointed

Any suggestions?

Originally they would work beautifully on 1m length of track using Bachmann EZ command digital controller, but jumped all over the place on my ECoS. Reset CV 29 from 6 to 2, so runs now on my ECoS but with the issues above

Cheeky question, but if you're replacing the chassis, do you have plans for the old one?

Actually I do. As I have running rights on a couple of 00 layouts I’m going to keep the old one and swap it in and out as gauge requires. I suppose this will make my engine a convertible.

Cheers,

David

• Like 2

Just purchased the SECR Wartime Grey Version, sound fitted by Hatton's, with Olivia's Sound. 

Very impressed with this lovely little model! 

In this video, we take a look at the P Class in action, as the model undergo a quick test run on my layout.

Sound Functions List;

F0 Directional Lighting (Not featured on Model)

F1 Drive Sounds

F2 Whistle

F3 Whistle

F4 N/A F5 Coal Shovelling

F6 N/A F7 Guard's Whistle

F8 Driver Acknowledgment

F9 Buffer Clash

F10 Coupling

F11- Wagon Squeal

F12 Water Fill

F13 Rail Clank

F14 Birdsong

F15 Fade-out Sound

F16 Safety Valve

F17 Injector

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao_OsrZzXy4

• Like 2

Just purchased the SECR Wartime Grey Version, sound fitted by Hatton's, with Olivia's Sound. 

Very impressed with this lovely little model! 

In this video, we take a look at the P Class in action, as the model undergo a quick test run on my layout.

Sound Functions List;

F0 Directional Lighting (Not featured on Model)

F1 Drive Sounds

F2 Whistle

F3 Whistle

F4 N/A F5 Coal Shovelling

F6 N/A F7 Guard's Whistle

F8 Driver Acknowledgment

F9 Buffer Clash

F10 Coupling

F11- Wagon Squeal

F12 Water Fill

F13 Rail Clank

F14 Birdsong

F15 Fade-out Sound

F16 Safety Valve

F17 Injector

Hope you enjoy!

Thank you for that video; the low-angle shots are very convincing and the sound quality seems very good for something so small. I hope you fine the missing tap in the packaging!

Thank you for that video; the low-angle shots are very convincing and the sound quality seems very good for something so small. I hope you fine the missing tap in the packaging!

Thanks ever so much. Just can't get over how they managed to fit it all in! 

Missing Tap? Any idea on where it was located on the loco? As I couldn't see anything lose in the box

Thanks ever so much. Just can't get over how they managed to fit it all in! 

Missing Tap? Any idea on where it was located on the loco? As I couldn't see anything lose in the box

There should be a tap on the end of the left-hand side tank just by the cab door. There’s a hole on your model about half-way up where it goes. Perhaps Hatton’s knocked it off when opening it up and didn’t notice. There should be one on the other side too, so you know what you’re looking for.

Am impressed by Hattons service with returns.  There was a very swift turn around with the BR P which arrived with the quartering completely out.  Its replacement arrived this morning and is now happily running in.

In the end I removed the keeper plate from the Southern loco and it was very simple to put wipers where they should be.

I've also chipped them up using Lenz Silver Mini chips, very straightforward :)

Happy days.

• Like 1

Got a disc on 1558 today for Brighton - Horsham running, they're far more fiddly and stressful to fit than Bachmann 's but I got it on there!

post-29051-0-31837800-1524344730_thumb.jpg

The other 3 went on my Merchant Navy which in my world is being used for Brighton - Salisbury services. It took a LOT of patience and swearing to get them all in place properly, such a small surface area to glue together.

post-29051-0-36113400-1524344931_thumb.jpg

Took an Ex SECR family portrait this evening, I would like to thank model railway companies for releasing them all with 1xxx numbers, now, who's gonna give us the D Class? :P :D

post-29051-0-31207400-1524345108_thumb.jpg

• Like 11