Model Master range shrinking

MJI

• RMweb Premium

50% off Waterslide Locomotive & Coach Decals

50% off  B.R. Coach and B.R. Steam & Diesel Locomotive Decals.

These items are part of our scheme to reduce our range of 4mm Railway Decals by 80%, and will not be reprinted or relisted when sold out.  So buy now or lose them!

We have new projects to fulfil next year which will see us expanding our etchings and being involved in other activities

This was in the weekend email

So make sure you do not lose them

I was relieved to see 4485 is not reduced as I go through lots of them

Edited by MJI

I can never understand how these decals are going to sell well when many of the products don't show an illustration of the item you may want to buy, and speaking to traders at exhibitions they say that they have difficulty keeping up with the ever changing range.

Is there a list of the reduced items on the web site?

https://modelmaster.uk/448-4mm-wagons?p=5

Edited by bubbles2

• RMweb Premium

Not sure how new this is as Jim has been saying this for a while. 

Because they wmailed in the newsletter

I have used lots of them, they are good transfers.

I can never understand how these decals are going to sell well when many of the products don't show an illustration of the item you may want to buy, and speaking to traders at exhibitions they say that they have difficulty keeping up with the ever changing range.

Is there a list of the reduced items on the web site?

https://modelmaster.uk/448-4mm-wagons?p=5

That links to the wagons.

it's "50% off  Waterslide B.R. Coach and B.R. Steam & Diesel Locomotive Decals"

https://modelmaster.uk/37-4mm-coaching-stock

https://modelmaster.uk/24-4mm-steam-locos

https://modelmaster.uk/44-4mm-diesel-electric-locomotives-and-multiple-units This one needs a bit of searching.

To be honest most of it is old stock that is a bit dated. Useful if you need something though.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

I've had a quick look & it look like the sets for the Cambrian air braked kits are no longer available - which is a worry as I am currently building some OTAs :(

I still have a few to finish, will be difficult if these transfers disappear.

Will have to get a printer which does white

I still have a few to finish, will be difficult if these transfers disappear.

Will have to get a printer which does white

Oh and I have spent a fortune with a number of railway tansfer companies

If there is an issue getting hold of OTA transfers possibly a suggestion to Cambridge Custom Transfers may prove fruitful.

Can't help wondering if this is all yet another weird marketing campaign by Model Masters as I am pretty sure its not the first time a stack of transfers have been slated as being withdrawn only to reappear in some form or another. There was also a year ago ish emails send out saying they were not going to issue any more discount codes - guess what emails this year have had. Also I thought the new website was suppose to have images of the transfers.

If there is an issue getting hold of OTA transfers possibly a suggestion to Cambridge Custom Transfers may prove fruitful.

Can't help wondering if this is all yet another weird marketing campaign by Model Masters as I am pretty sure its not the first time a stack of transfers have been slated as being withdrawn only to reappear in some form or another. There was also a year ago ish emails send out saying they were not going to issue any more discount codes - guess what emails this year have had. Also I thought the new website was suppose to have images of the transfers.

It's just getting rid of obsolete old stock. Most of it is from the early 1990s at least and some of it was made for kits that aren't even available anymore such as DC Kits and Genesis.

Jason

Thanks Ian. Indeed, a 4mm pack available here:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=1949

6491-1.jpg

A pack is also available in 2mm (and we could do equally 7mm and larger if need be).

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks for that. I also notice you are doing Sheerness Steel scrap wagon transfers now. Brilliant! Just tried to order but my internet is working too slowly for PP to work, so will try again soon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's good thanks. And you provide an image too!

The problem with providing images is that they are a short-cut to pirated (inferior) products.

Don't ask me how I know ........

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Good morning all,

Does anyone know if there is a decal sheet for British Rail era BBA steel carrying wagons in 4mm scale please? I have contacted Modelmaster with no reply. I also bought some old Cambrian decals but these had dried out and would not apply.

Any help would be very welcome.

Best wishes

John

Had a look through the Railtec range and he does not appear to do them, nor the BAA or BDA, which will also give me a problem soon! If you contact him, he may have these in the pipeline? With Cambrian now ramping back up under new ownership, I would think there will be a decent demand for them.

Had a look through the Railtec range and he does not appear to do them, nor the BAA or BDA, which will also give me a problem soon! If you contact him, he may have these in the pipeline? With Cambrian now ramping back up under new ownership, I would think there will be a decent demand for them.

Yes - they've been in the pipe for a while and are partly already in design although no ETA as yet. What tends to happen is projects such as these get temporarily put on the back burner when for example a new livery emerges (for which there is always a rush demand), a large bulk order from a kit manufacturer comes in, work is needed helping Bachmann on their catalog (such as now) or a show such as Warley. Add into the mix the continued deluge of requests for new packs and custom work and several months can go by before you get the opportunity to pick on them again! It will happen though. I've always had a soft spot for steels and I'd like to get them out sooner rather than later. As ever, best to keep an eye on the web site as with around 60 new product lines being released every month, there's always something new on there.

Thanks,

Steve

Just found Modelmaster sheet 4866 on H & A Model site. It says that this is ex Cambrian CT2. I am not sure if this is water slide or rub down but I imagine that it will be run down as CT2 was. Would prefer water slide. My BAA and BDA are Bachmann so already have decals on. The BBAs are Cambrian which I am working on. Nice kit but I have fitted brass bogie inners from Stanton Models. These give an excellent bogie with the Cambrian side frames glued on. Had to make mounts for Kadee couplings from UPVC channel from a double glazing factory. Bogie mounted this appears to work but I have yet to run one on a layout.

Hi Steve,

Just seen your reply. I will keep a look out for them. Thank you. BBA project looks like it will be ongoing for a while. Noticed current BBAs running with the number applied hand painted.

Best wishes

John

Just found Modelmaster sheet 4866 on H & A Model site. It says that this is ex Cambrian CT2. I am not sure if this is water slide or rub down but I imagine that it will be run down as CT2 was. Would prefer water slide. My BAA and BDA are Bachmann so already have decals on. The BBAs are Cambrian which I am working on. Nice kit but I have fitted brass bogie inners from Stanton Models. These give an excellent bogie with the Cambrian side frames glued on. Had to make mounts for Kadee couplings from UPVC channel from a double glazing factory. Bogie mounted this appears to work but I have yet to run one on a layout.

It's the same one as in my post earlier. Waterslide.

Jason