sem34090

Yes I am.

attachicon.gifORcat.jpg

Thanks very much Phil. Another I will be ordering when I can.

Amazing to think I will be placing more Oxford Rail pre-orders than either with Bachmann or Hornby this year. Not that I was in any way disappointed with the other manufacturers. In fact, quite the opposite.

Of course in monetary value, OR will be in last place - maybe that has something to do with it :-)

Excellent news that the ROD Dean Goods is available without the gun.

I don't see any sign of it (OR76DG009) on Hattons or any of the other major internet suppliers or indeed on the OR website. Are you reading about it in a printed catalog?

I too have been checking the Oxford Rail website and the latest announcements don't appear to be on there, in fact the last update was on the 11th January. It seems strange, and somewhat unprofessional to me that a company does not bother to update their own site with their big news.

I too have been checking the Oxford Rail website and the latest announcements don't appear to be on there, in fact the last update was on the 11th January. It seems strange, and somewhat unprofessional to me that a company does not bother to update their own site with their big news.

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/oxford-rail-release-1-2018?utm_source=Oxford+Rail+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9351664374-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_22&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_414fc57d21-9351664374-140804101&mc_cid=9351664374&mc_eid=2ceb9c4861 shows last week's announcements, and there are extra items in the catalogue due for imminent publication.

Edited by mikeharvey22

• 6 months later...

Its a pity the Dean Goods will not be available with (as per Aves excellent books) ROD markings.

As for the railgun, I think, at the price it is at, it will sell like hotcakes.  I've already started converting my fiddle yard into a ROD depot and gun siding.  But what aout shells?  I want a pile of them stacked beside a siding (again as per Aves photos), ready for delivery to the gun.  Does anyone of a military modelling bent, know what could be used, in any scale for rail gun shells?

• RMweb Gold

Its a pity the Dean Goods will not be available with (as per Aves excellent books) ROD markings.

As for the railgun, I think, at the price it is at, it will sell like hotcakes.  I've already started converting my fiddle yard into a ROD depot and gun siding.  But what aout shells?  I want a pile of them stacked beside a siding (again as per Aves photos), ready for delivery to the gun.  Does anyone of a military modelling bent, know what could be used, in any scale for rail gun shells?

Real unfired bullets? (small ones of course).

:jester:

SHQ miniatures does 20mm shells of various calibres, www.shqminiaturers.co.uk. Look for WWII british vehicle accesory packs

But what aout shells?  I want a pile of them stacked beside a siding (again as per Aves photos), ready for delivery to the gun.  Does anyone of a military modelling bent, know what could be used, in any scale for rail gun shells?

Doubt if the shells where stacked in the open, they would more likely go direct into the specially constructed magazines next to the rail line.

Bosch_Buster_Magazines.jpg

Edited by bigherb

William Aves' second book on the ROD (The Lines behind the Front) has two photographs showing artillery shells for the big guns.  One on page 44 shows  hundreds of shells  of various calibres sitting on what looks like a raised wooden unloading bay.  The second, a couple of pages later. shows shells being carried on a petrol tractor train and piles of empty shellcases strewn alongside.

OR76DG009_3390954_Qty1_cat.jpg

Nice.  Found it on their site.  But if I read the piece correctly, it will only be available as a set with the Boche Buster railgun.  Will retailers split them?  There will be some people who just want the loco and some who just want the gun.  After all the loco never ran in the UK in that livery.

Nice.  Found it on their site.  But if I read the piece correctly, it will only be available as a set with the Boche Buster railgun.  Will retailers split them?  There will be some people who just want the loco and some who just want the gun.  After all the loco never ran in the UK in that livery.

Keep looking, this one is available on its own. '2330' is part of a set with the rail gun.