Modelmaster Decals - was bad news - now good news!

7 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

There is another Thread that is more up to date about MM. 

Not sure but I think Peco and or Wizard may be taking on the Stuff. Peco the Decals and Wizard the Plates? Could be rubbish of course?

Phil

Well, it can't get any worse.

• Agree 1

On 31/08/2022 at 13:57, Mallard60022 said:

There is another Thread that is more up to date about MM. 

Not sure but I think Peco and or Wizard may be taking on the Stuff. Peco the Decals and Wizard the Plates? Could be rubbish of course?

Phil

Lets prey they do i might get the transfers i need.

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Mike_Walker said:

The most recent Parkside kits I've bought have had "unbranded" transfer sheets which suggests they may have come from an alternative supplier.

All the Parkside range has transfers now according to Derek at Eileen's. A welcome upgrade by Peco.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

All the Parkside range has transfers now according to Derek at Eileen's. A welcome upgrade by Peco.

That is something that Peco would do - they aren't fools down there. 75 years under the same ownership.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

6 hours ago, kevinlms said:

That is something that Peco would do - they aren't fools down there. 75 years under the same ownership.

The only trouble is, at least with the china clay wagons, I bought the transfers are for the BR period, which is not a lot of good for pre or post grouping, period modellers.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

The only trouble is, at least with the china clay wagons, I bought the transfers are for the BR period, which is not a lot of good for pre or post grouping, period modellers.

I'm sure all eras could be put in the pack, but how would BR modellers feel about seeing the price of their kit go up to include lots of transfers they don't want? I expect Peco has decided that the BR mob make up most of the sales. That's not an unreasonable thought. Modellers of earlier periods may also have their own prefered supplier and not want to use any supplied transfers. Ultimatly, it's a business decision.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

I'm sure all eras could be put in the pack, but how would BR modellers feel about seeing the price of their kit go up to include lots of transfers they don't want? I expect Peco has decided that the BR mob make up most of the sales. That's not an unreasonable thought. Modellers of earlier periods may also have their own prefered supplier and not want to use any supplied transfers. Ultimatly, it's a business decision.

And the Ratio china clay wagon has the later style roller bearing axleboxes (same as Bachmann) so GW transfers would not be strictly appropriate anyway.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Is it an upgrade? I've not seen the new transfers, but are they better quality or larger range of available numbers etc?

8 hours ago, Mike_Walker said:

And the Ratio china clay wagon has the later style roller bearing axleboxes (same as Bachmann) so GW transfers would not be strictly appropriate anyway.

Ah. But that's the ex Ratio kit of a BR China Clay wagon, not the Parkside GWR O13 China Clay wagon.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/215078/parkside_models_pc82_12_ton_gwr_china_clay_wagon_dia_o13_plastic_kit/stockdetail

Jason