Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby announcement 8th May

Paul.Uni

For what it's worth the correct way to enjoy fresh air from the cab of a Hornby loco is demonstrated here at Combe Down tunnel in 1960..

post-7929-0-08140200-1525548671_thumb.jpg

very modest amount of modification.... :)

we don't mention Swindon round here.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can confirm that Stationmaster was narrow enough in the gauge when he was TCM at Radyr and I was a willowy and gamin young guard at Canton, but that was 40 odd years ago and the goods have 'settled in transit' a bit in my case, and I suspect his as well...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nowadays definitely somewhat broad of gauge but I can just about remember being a lot narrower and even have pictures (somewhere) to prove it.  Ah here's one, used as my avatar as it happens, and if you click to enlarge it you can see that I easily fitted in the gap between the handrail on a 'Castle' cab and the handrail at the leading end of the tender, with room to spare.  And no need for the engine tender coupling to be adjusted to account for 2nd radius curves.

attachicon.gif7029 at Coates 160587.jpg

There is that number again 29.....soon it will all be over. Just two days and a bit before we all go "Didn't want them anyhow, not my railway, not my period, not my livery and has the wrong tender."

• Like 1

Anyone wanna create a Hornby Facebook announcement bingo card?

"Another steam loco? When will Hornby listen?"

"Another diesel? When will Hornby listen?"

"Too expensive! Lower your prices and you might actually sell some stock and stay in business!"

"Bring back Thomas"

"Why have you chosen that livery? It's like you want to go out of business"

"I wish it was the Bluebell version"

"Still no N/0 Guage"

"I'll buy 5"

"my poor wallet"

"Bring back the Lima stock, just as good and half the price"

Bonus point for that troll who always bangs on about trams on all the companies' Facebook pages. Apparently that's what everyone wants to model...?

Did I miss anything? :P

Edited by GreenGiraffe22
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

"Too expensive! Lower your prices and you might actually sell some stock and stay in business!"

"Bring back Thomas"

"Still no N/0 Guage"

"I'll buy 5"

"my poor wallet"

Bonus point for that troll who always bangs on about trams on all the companies' Facebook pages. Apparently that's what everyone wants to model...?

You might not want but me and my mate do. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I understand that Alan of Modelu is a talented individual when it comes to computers. I’m sure that any digital scan could be, ahem, adjusted to represent someone at any point of their life.

Now then, you might be giving me false hope - or was that just an announcement that something suitable might be announced? :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Now then, you might be giving me false hope - or was that just an announcement that something suitable might be announced? :jester:

A 29xx, I did hear the reworked Hall had been scanned at Didcot. :secret:

"Bring back Thomas"

"Still no N/0 Guage"

"I'll buy 5"

"my poor wallet"

You missed out TT :jester:

Jumping in with both feet, I'd say a GWR Large Prairie ~ imminent. GWR non-corridors. A 21st Century LMS Black Five,  a planned GWR Manor, Brighton 2-6-0, Thompson A2-3, Thompson corridor coaches in BR maroon, LMS Cattle wagon,  chaired/bullhead appearance SetTrack using flat-bottom rail for strength, all-new DCC Ready GWR 14XX in mostly metal, Ready-to-plonk Carrog station, and worrever....   :mail:  :secret:  :fool:  :acute:  :lazy:

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 5

Jumping in with both feet, I'd say a GWR Large Prairie ~ imminent. GWR non-corridors. A 21st Century LMS Black Five, a planned GWR Manor, Brighton 2-6-0, Thompson A2-3, Thompson corridor coaches in BR maroon, LMS Cattle wagon, chaired/bullhead appearance SetTrack using flat-bottom rail for strength, all-new DCC Ready GWR 14XX in mostly metal, Ready-to-plonk Carrog station, and worrever.... :mail: :secret: :fool: :acute: :lazy:

So is this just your current wishlist then?

• RMweb Gold

Agree. I can't understand the post either.Clarity,please.Many of us have to deal with the clinical meaning of that word and its consequences.Sorry but it is simply distasteful to use it in this context.

Perhaps he means H are considering a Crab, which at least takes into the astrological realm.