RMweb

Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

• RMweb Premium

According to a narrow gauge forum, a Lima motor bogie in 0 gauge would go round a 3.5" radius circle of track. We have a 10" diameter deep cake tin so that would be ideal for a complete roundy-roundy for the 48DS!

Dava

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When will the Type 2 be revealed?

Sorry, missed this question. Very soon is the answer. As soon as the Rustons are out I'll announce it. I didn't want to be in the position of effectively having two announcements open, with the Rustons not yet released, so decided to wait.

I am very, very excited about it!

• Like 1

Sorry, missed this question. Very soon is the answer. As soon as the Rustons are out I'll announce it. I didn't want to be in the position of effectively having two announcements open, with the Rustons not yet released, so decided to wait.

I am very, very excited about it!

As a hoverrer on the Ruston reserve button, is there any idea when we might see the first images of the complete loco?

• Like 1

Co - Bo ? You might well be right. I seem to remember that we were informed that the new type 2 would not have ER connections, if that is right then it narrows the choice down to 2/3 classes, 22, 28, and possibly 29. Only type twos not to have been based on the ER at some point.

A Class 22 would be good as not many went blue, those that did only lasted a few years before scrapping.

Ian G

They only lasted a few years, full stop!! :rolleyes: sort of funny how much interest there is in them, now. For me it's their Forest of Dean links. :yes:

I couldn't give two hoots for the Class 29..!!

The 48DS is looking absolutely cracking.  Is it going to be available without a DCC chip for luddites like me?

I gather that it is not available without the DCC chip, but will run DCC or DC. The main advantage being the stay alive capacitors which will help it over point work without stalling. I've ordered a DCC sound fitted one even though at the moment I run DC.

DaveC

Thanks Andrew! I didn't manage to take any photos at all... Excuse the mess under the bonnet, the production versions will be secured, but this was rushed out without all the components fixed in place, but you can see where everything goes and how much we've jammed in there.

To answer your question, Hesperus, Dave is correct – all models are DCC, so you only get o choose between sound and no sound. Both will run on DC.

• Like 1