Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Little Loco Company - Ruston 48DS

The Nth Degree

To answer your question, Hesperus, Dave is correct – all models are DCC, so you only get o choose between sound and no sound. Both will run on DC.

You also get to choose between S7 and a narrower gauge!!!!!!!!!!

Yippee, the first RTR S7 loco at a price that is within reach (or should that be "Wythyn Reach" for Jordan?)

CoBoCoBoCoBoCoBoCoBoCoBoCoBoCoBo

Pleeeeasse

That, or a firm order for 64 of them......

What does it say about what goes on in mi 'ed?

The first thing I did was to check the arithmetic :(

Mind you, if it were a Co-Bo I'd just have to have one even though I don't model in 7mm.

I refer the honourable readers to my first question.

Pleeeeasse

That seems like a very long loco.

Something like the Baldwin Centipede, maybe..?? ;)

When is all this 7mm rtr going to end!!! I need a bigger house to keep all this stuff in! It is fun though.

I need a bigger layout...

post-704-0-77369600-1506183852_thumb.jpg

:jester:

Edit: this is my layout "Lyddlow Goods", due to appear at the Cradley Heath Exhibition, Community Centre, Reddal Hill Rd B64, on Sat Oct 14th. ;)

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 4

Is there an expected date for the 48DS yet, or are there still too many balls up in the air to say yet?

Cheers,

Andrew

There are a few balls in the air, but they are being managed. For example, from the prototypes we found that we could reposition the speaker for better performance, and similarly we could make the geartrain more efficient - very important in such a small model. Tooling is being modified to account for these and a few assembly challenges we faced. Our target delivery date is mid-November.
  • Like 1

I've just picked up on this thread, and have shocked myself.  I'm a 4mm scale, EM gauge modeller, interested in industrial railways particularly in the steel industry.  So much so, that I have mastered various steel industry wagon kits, originally available under my own label (Clarke Kits) and now part of the RT Models range when I realised how little fun running a model business was.  So I was shocked to find myself on the LLC website reserving a Ruston........

Guess I'll have to build a few wagons and a diorama to go with it now..........

My wife will be directed to this thread when she seeks to apportion blame

Alastair

• Like 2

Ha ha looks like you've been trapped by the spell of 7mm, don't worry it happens to the best of us. Just tell your wife it's because you're finding it tougher to see the smaller scales, worked for me!

Of course, it doesn't help when you do this, but she finds you in a model shop staring in awe at all the nice N-Gauge diesels in the display........

Edited by JeffP

• RMweb Premium

Ha! All I can say is that we've drawn up our detailed production plan until December next year...

Its good to have a plan. As in the Yiddish proverb, 'Man plans, God laughs!' Especially applies to product release dates! Don't worry, we've learned to be patient in the School of Dapol.

Dava