Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if every firm will remember this point about tariffs, or will yet more price rises be blamed on "chinese workers demand higher wages post brexit".

You would hope they do, it's the same classification for all of us and I have seen another manufacturer list it as expenses before which I thought most odd. But, as I said above, we shall see what happens come March next year. In the meantime it's a lot of second guessing but all of us manufacturers who import models from China are in the same boat at the moment. We shall wait and see what happens because there is little else any of us can do. 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071

• RMweb Gold

You would hope they do, it's the same classification for all of us and I have seen another manufacturer list it as expenses before which I thought most odd. But, as I said above, we shall see what happens come March next year. In the meantime it's a lot of second guessing but all of us manufacturers who import models from China are in the same boat at the moment. We shall wait and see what happens because there is little else any of us can do.

Cheers!

Fran

Brexit-shark..

Your gonna need a bigger boat.

https://youtu.be/2I91DJZKRxs

Sorry couldn’t resist.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely correct! I had forgotten this but our accounts bod confirms this. It’s just VAT that is payable. So my comment above applies to VAT. We’ll have a clearer picture in the new year!

I'm playing a dangerous game, waiting until post brexit to save VAT, but then the wagons may be long gone, so I may have to wait for batch 2, (if such a thing were to exist of course).

It's tricky being a Yorkshireman!

Mike.

I'm playing a dangerous game, waiting until post brexit to save VAT, but then the wagons may be long gone, so I may have to wait for batch 2, (if such a thing were to exist of course).

Mike.

VAT isn't an EU tax, it is a form of purchase taxation introduced by the EU but not fixed by them - as we saw it increase a few years ago. And it is very much lower than the 33% we used to pay on our models.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Mike.

You'll have to pay VAT regardless... if not through the current EU setup, then to HMRC in the form of import VAT. ;)

• RMweb Gold

I hope this is not inappropriate to post here, but some excellent developments announced over on NGF

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=42505.0;topicseen

That’s correct Scott, we’re delighted to be teaming up with Revolution to provide a cemflo in N. It will be the first in a series of cross collaborations between us so interesting times ahead! We have had lots of calls to scale down our wagons to N and it seemed a no brainer to work with Mike and Ben on it. More info here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/137238-revolution-announce-at-tings/&do=findComment&comment=3289497

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

We have just received the first pre-production sample here at Accurascale from our factory in China. While there are a couple of tweaks to be made, there is certainly a lot to like on the model too, including finesse, detail and finish! These tweaks will go back to the factory in a full in-depth report before we receive decorated samples.

post-7114-0-78572100-1538411556_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-68751100-1538411575_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-13931400-1538411597_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-84567300-1538411627_thumb.jpg

We will have this sample on show at the forthcoming The Great Electric Train Show 2018 at Arena MK on the 13th and 14th of October. Orders have been coming in thick and fast, so make sure you don't miss the boat on these beauties! Place your order today: https://accurascale.co.uk/coll…/apcm-pcv-cemflo-powder-wagon

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 16

Aye, that doesn't look half bad.

Would there be any chance of chamfering the sides of the W irons to give a more prototypical impression of width without compromising models strength.

Like the separate springs, Useful for creating the first batch of 15@ w'base depressed centre APCM tanks. Spares?

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Aye, that doesn't look half bad.

Would there be any chance of chamfering the sides of the W irons to give a more prototypical impression of width without compromising models strength.

Like the separate springs, Useful for creating the first batch of 15@ w'base depressed centre APCM tanks. Spares?

P

Hi Porcy,

Yes, the W irons will be thinned out, that is part of list! Shouldn't be too difficult to do. That seam line needs to go on a diet as well! 

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the pictures of the Darlington one (preserved), i can see a difference on the top of the wagons frame, at the End of the pipes.. is that box (looks like a handle for a valve) intentionally missing, or just missing from the preserved one and hence the model ?

If you look at this picture, you can see three wagons, each one has it.. its in a straight line above the axle boxes, opposite end to the hand brake, above the circular cutouts in the frame..

https://goo.gl/images/FX7qae

Also, just of note on these ones, the BTC approved wagon plate covers one of those drilled holes on these two.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Can I have a bash at the list too please?

Coupling stowage hook.

Beef up horizontal pipework above solebar.

Thin down solebar strengthening plates vertically.

Gearbox behind hand brake wheel.

Looking good though.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Sure. The hook will be on it of course, just not added to the p/p model yet, as does happen with first models from China. There will a screwlink coupling too included. The pipes are something we are reviewing. The solebar is something that looked good to us, can you elaborate? The gearbox is there too, will add a photo of it tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

Looking at the pictures of the Darlington one (preserved), i can see a difference on the top of the wagons frame, at the End of the pipes.. is that box (looks like a handle for a valve) intentionally missing, or just missing from the preserved one and hence the model ?

If you look at this picture, you can see three wagons, each one has it.. its in a straight line above the axle boxes, above the circular cutouts in the frame..

https://goo.gl/images/FX7qae

Also, just of note on these ones, the BTC approved wagon plate covers one of those drilled holes on these two.

Cheers, the factory didnt attach the box, but the finished ones will have it! :) 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mike,

Sure. The hook will be on it of course, just not added to the p/p model yet, as does happen with first models from China. There will a screwlink coupling too included. The pipes are something we are reviewing. The solebar is something that looked good to us, can you elaborate? The gearbox is there too, will add a photo of it tomorrow when I'm back in the office.

Cheers!

Fran

Oh. and the change over valves and plates.

Re the gussets, (what a word!), i realise looking at a picture may not convey the whole truth, but yours seem to be the same depth as the outer flanges, (weee, another great word!), of the solebar. They were actually the depth of the centre line of the top and bottom rail of the solebar and were welded along the half lap joint that was made, along the 90 degree edge, if that makes sense.

Mike.

Can I have a bash at the list too please?

Coupling stowage hook.

Beef up horizontal pipework above solebar.

Thin down solebar strengthening plates vertically.

Gearbox behind hand brake wheel.

Looking good though.

Mike.

The buffers look a little bit tubby and lack the step (top/bottom) and ribs but I'm sure that'll be on the snag list. 

post-508-0-83965900-1538446165_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Correct Porcy, not sure how the ribs were left off, they were there in the CAD. This is the most frustrating part, the factory leaving off what we put in the CAD! Most important part is we get them changed.

The buffers will be available as separate detailing packs so they will need to be right!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

Here are our graphics for each cemflo pack we are doing. They have been added to the Accurascale website which may help you choose which packs of these beauties you want to plump for! 

Pre TOPS

post-7114-0-99588400-1541610497_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-83233000-1541610507_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-64922700-1541610519_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-72553100-1541610531_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-57691900-1541610540_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-07994200-1541610551_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-85320300-1541610565_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-67955600-1541610577_thumb.jpg

TOPS

post-7114-0-94553900-1541610692_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-35111800-1541610707_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-99586600-1541610717_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-23312700-1541610729_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-14218800-1541610758_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-84159700-1541610776_thumb.jpg

post-7114-0-84907600-1541610791_thumb.jpg

Needless to say all models are based on photos of the real wagons. There's some nice individuality to be had across the rakes, especially in the TOPS era!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

Fran,

I model 1975 which is right on the changeover from preTOPS to TOPS. In your research have you been able to identify when the change was made to most of the fleet so I can buy the right versions or mix of versions?

Cheers