• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

I suppose I shouldn’t use the term OCD really as it’s not an official diagnosis but it just sounds better than I’m a fussy sod :lol:

Perfectionist.

Does that sound better?

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Bogie said:

He doesn't look that different from his avatar.

But then who am I am I to talk.

IMG_4510 A.JPG

But where is the banana and maracas?............actually it's probably best if we don't know

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

Can't beat a bit of avoidance behaviour.

It's going to rain for the next few days. So there's little point in planning to do anything outside.

But as it's still summer, it won't be too cold (or too hot.) to spend a few hours in the garage.

You just ran out of excuses. :D

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Sadly I still have to do pond maintenance on Saturday rain or no rain. Koi keeping was supposed to be a nice relaxing hobby.....HA!!! It also makes railway modelling look like a dirt cheap hobby.

Regards Lez.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

The trouble with koi is that they are just swimming s*** machines, they make an unbelievable amount of waste. They also have to be just about the most fragile fish around. The only fish that are harder to keep are marine tropical, you only have to look at them wrong and they all die. I've had nothing but trouble with them all summer, poor water quality, parasites and low oxygen it's been a total mare. I'm running so much air it looks like the pond is boiling.

Regards Lez.  

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

As @MrWolf has pointed out I’m quickly running out of excuses so I suppose I’d better do something

Only a little something though

I was going to mount the pulleys on discarded track sleepers but in my opinion they were too thick* and wouldn’t have given the impression of being buried flush with the ballast

*further exaggerated by the fact all the existing rodding were built off the layout on a sheet of 0.5mm plasticard

7B3C2821-2199-44D9-96F8-35354403A4D0.jpeg.41ec8615438a667996c24e4ae27fede3.jpeg

So wondering what @Alister_G might do (being the master of all things styrene) I took some 0.75mm  thick strips and did as best I could with a craft knife

597D3D78-8DF1-489D-AD16-FF8501F48593.jpeg.a7772ce4384dafa4353c78ccbd0cf6b3.jpeg

I actually surprised myself, probably wouldn’t be able to repeat it though

Anyway after an application of sleeper grime  they don’t look too bad IMO

70504D9B-7C93-458A-A172-1BD83EC683F3.jpeg.9c50a7b96c1b8bdc1db88bcdea4dd87c.jpeg

I will lightly weather the pulleys, probably with my favourite dark earth powder

Having already cut up some track sleepers I’ve used them to make steps into the signal box

0E3110FC-60E4-48CA-A42C-024E5BA08B14.jpeg.44c8ea407186a7e6f30cd4d49b3020fe.jpeg

Still lots to do but at least I’m doing something for a change

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

That's a very neat job you've made of those pulleys, they're something that I'm not really looking forward to doing, along with point rodding, signals... The list goes on!

Thanks Rob

I found doing the rods away from the layout much less hassle than it would have been otherwise

1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

Nice job mate, they look great.

Al.

Thanks Al

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

There you go Alister G will now be known by the nickname Moats (master of all things styrene).

Sorry Al

If it helps I’m a Trainee Of Scribing Styrene Evergreen Rod

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Funny 7

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh and by the way I'm not at least offended that you didn't include me when you said you were ruñning out of reasons not to do something but would advise not coming up north for the foreseeable future as you may u end up being ..........

With love from 'knuckles' Magraw the Treacle Gang enforcer

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Oh and by the way I'm not at least offended that you didn't include me when you said you were ruñning out of reasons not to do something but would advise not coming up north for the foreseeable future as you may u end up being .........

Sorry about that :blush:

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Bogie said:

There you go Alister G will now be known by the nickname Moats (master of all things styrene).

19 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

If it helps I’m a Trainee Of Scribing Styrene Evengreen Rod

It could have been a lot worse...

Master Of Intricate Styrene Trimming...

Al.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4