• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Like I said, wrong on so many levels.

So what thoughts do you have on the infamous removable middle bit of Warren Branch?

non at the moment, my inability to multitask means I can’t think about more than one thing at a time 🤪

once I get back to it though I think finishing the installation of the point motors and the wiring should be my first priority

• Like 6

That sounds like a good plan. I'm glad that I got the point motors and associated wiring out of the way before I got too far into the scenery. 

I think that fear of making a pig's ear of it put me off, but once I got into it, I found it surprisingly easy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I tend to fit my Point Motors as I lay the Track, test each bit at a time, and then connect up, and even as I've done on Trewithen, to a temporary panel so that you know it works.

The BIGGEST problem with that is a desire to Play Trains early on in the game.

IMG_7854.JPG.bd884ca5bd4cecb12d9ddf4ed41d5098.JPG

• Like 10
  • Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/04/2022 at 08:30, Andrew P said:

I tend to fit my Point Motors as I lay the Track, test each bit at a time, and then connect up, and even as I've done on Trewithen, to a temporary panel so that you know it works.

The BIGGEST problem with that is a desire to Play Trains early on in the game.

IMG_7854.JPG.bd884ca5bd4cecb12d9ddf4ed41d5098.JPG

Perhaps what I should have said was I need to lay the remaining points, point motors and wiring as the points that have already been laid have had the motors fitted.

I’ve never been much good at explaining myself which is probably why I’m a draughtsman and explain what I want via technical drawings 🤣

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

52 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Perhaps what I should have said was I need to lay the remaining points, point motors and wiring as the points that have already been laid have had the motors fitted.

I’ve never been much good at explaining myself which is probably why I’m a draughtsman and explain what I want via technical drawings 🤣

Great Job Chris. I wanted to be a Draftsman, I got 98.5% in Technical Drawing at School, but went on to be Mechanic instead. 😙

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 27/04/2022 at 19:09, Andrew P said:

Great Job Chris. I wanted to be a Draftsman, I got 98.5% in Technical Drawing at School, but went on to be Mechanic instead. 😙

Similar to me, got 99% in 3rd year end of year exams for TD. I dropped it in favour of German for O Level selections ( I was advised it would be useful if I went into engineering...) and got a U in that! Ended up in IT.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ha, now you're teasing us Chris, but I always get my hopes up for surprises and I'm rarely disappointed with model railways!

Bring it on, the tension is mounting!

Bill

Edited by longchap
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

True but I just don’t want anyone to get the hopes up and end up being disappointed

If it's even halfway as good as your normal standard,  no-one will be disappointed...

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations Chris, that’s a stunning loco and not one many here would have seen before. Absorbed locos provide a huge resource for the adventurous GWR modeller, which is one of the reasons I bought a GWR Absorbed Locomotives book, although I do not posses the bug or skill set for 3d creativity.

You certainly do not disappoint and the detail on the finished model is wonderfully crisp, not at all like some of the 3D offerings I’ve seen before. The rivets are particularly fine.

Very well done and I’m looking forward to seeing more photos and the behind the scenes story.

Oh and a most honourable mention to Mr Wolf, who probably hasn’t received a pat on the back for his catalyst tendencies.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

image.png.7ebbe192755f1b23abc127d353cfb301.png

So that's where you hang your jacket up. That's a first sighting for me and might possibly be the first time it's been modelled in a loco cab.

A touch of detailing genius and really fine modelling.

Thanks Chris.

• Like 6
  • Agree 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, longchap said:

Oh and a most honourable mention to Mr Wolf, who probably hasn’t received a pat on the back for his catalyst tendencies.

@MrWolf has not only been the catalyst but has been very helpful and supportive particularly during periods of self doubt when I’ve wanted to throw in the towel….thanks Rob

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6