Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

17 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So, the Level crossing from beyond the Station has now gone, but where will it end up?

As said earlier, I have been drawing, and re drawing to fit the Layout into a smaller area, but with at least the same operational interest.

The plan now will hopefully include a second small Fiddle Yard for some through running. The two Fiddle Yards will be about 54 inches, so probably no more than 3 Wagons and a smaller Loco, but with lots of Light Engine Movements.

So here is the Provisional Plan for Amp Sher.

712759604_SEVENMILLSSIDINGS2020MiltonRoadPlan.png.e5d040f3ef557c1918bd16c8c9c73d79.png

What a very clever idea, so the trains have somewhere to go!

John.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Donw said:

Good to see  you are busy.  Must be hard for you  with everything packed up.   

I used cassettes 1m long for 0 gauge but that only allowed a tank loco and half a dozen short wagons. For the club layout we have used 1.25m for the train with 0.5m short ones for tender locos and 250mm ones for tank engines these all clip together so we dont try to tun the long ones a train arrives in the FY the loco casstte can be pulled off the end and either reinserted in from of the train or a different one inserted. In your situation an extra long one could be fitted in to allow through running. 

Don 

Cheers Don, to me, an O Gauge Diesel like a 37 / 47 / 40 etc are far to heavy for turning and lifting on Cassettes, which is why I stick to Sector Plates.

I have used them in OO, and tried them once on a mates O Gauge Steam Layout with Panniers etc, and that wasn't to bad, but I'll stick with my Sector Plates I think.

Cheers and keep safe.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo Andy mate,

Wot U up 2 now?

Not a lot is the short answer, cutting bits off SMS, re thinking the planning of the Garage / POD / Pit of Doom, and playing Bass, but other than that, I did wash the Car again this morning. That got the neighbours talking,  Andy has now washed his car TWICE in one YEAR. (EMOCONS NOT WORKING)

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 3

35 minutes ago, John Tomlinson said:

What a very clever idea, so the trains have somewhere to go!

John.

Thanks John, Yes hopefully if it works, it will make operation more interesting, and the Level Crossing will be more of a feature rather than almost hidden away.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Not a lot is the short answer, cutting bits off SMS, re thinking the planning of the Garage / POD / Pit of Doom, and playing Bass, but other than that, I did wash the Car again this morning. That got the neighbours talking,  Andy has now washed his car TWICE in one YEAR. (EMOCONS NOT WORKING)

Hi Andy

I was thinking our car could do with a wash, but its MOT is due to February. :dontknow:

• Funny 4

This mornings Blast from the Past takes us forward a couple of years to 2005, the Layout is Blackwater Riverside, and here we see it in it's Southern Steam guise. The Re Built Bulleids are all the new Chinese made Wilton's, I had about 10 and all were re named, Wadebridge, Combe Martin, Salisbury, Manston, Biggin Hill, Spitfire Tangmere, Hurricane, Fighter Command, and of course Wilton etc, and the new Chinese made Merchant Navies were re done as West Country and Battle of Britain's, and YES I know they were over length, but Rule 1 was applied.

1816562647_34051WinstonChurchilland34067Tangmere.JPG.45fc57525e5202bbe7c91a8ec32e4232.JPG

1179685349_34043fromfootbridge.JPG.07ccc76036a6bc0ff79a58fa5cec54d5.JPG

890844446_33006cDepartingStation.JPG.bb602cc71d6eb7ac75208a0a9acdd4b0.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

And who left that Van in the Fuel Road?

Probably lazy Joe and his two tea drinking comrades that just stand around at the fuel point do nothing.......

You seriously need to get a Manager on site. :secret:

• Funny 2

5 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Probably lazy Joe and his two tea drinking comrades that just stand around at the fuel point do nothing.......

You seriously need to get a Manager on site. :secret:

Oi. I'll av you know, I am the Manager, working from ome.:o Now where's me Mugatea and Bacon Butty?:P

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Oi. I'll av you know, I am the Manager, working from ome.:o Now where's me Mugatea and Bacon Butty?:P

They've got you measured up :lol_mini:....... (6 inches off here so it fits in the POD) 

• Funny 4

:offtopic:

A delivery today from Gear 4 Music.

A Fender Squire Jazz Bass in Daphne Blue, with Alnico Pick Ups.

IMG_1595.JPG.ea1bbaa3b40ed9b59476aff87d853925.JPG

So that's 3 now including my Birthday Present Benson Jazz in Sunburst and a PJ Bass in Race Red.

1245360128_BensonJazzBassinBiurbonSunburst(1).JPG.603c8f2431101bb551bc0b8909959823.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG.16e1419d144dcbc0a2bfc4e521fbca7d.JPG

Guess who's a happy bunny.:good:

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Andy, where's the rest of the strings on those guitars?

That’s yer lot mate.  They’s bigger strings so you can’t have so many!

I must admit, I do like a 12 string though.

Paul.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

That’s yer lot mate.  They’s bigger strings so you can’t have so many!

I must admit, I do like a 12 string though.

Paul.

:offtopic:I tried a 12 string once, far to many strings for me.

So settled on 3 X 4 Strings, :no:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2