Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

New year, new layout: what else would we expect!

Layout found and followed.

All the best Andy.

Paul.

Cheers Paul, thanks for following Bala Town, www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/140882-bala-town/#entry3416228

pics in there later.

I'll miss the kettles but if you're sticking to one era then grassed over infrastructure will be a nice addition, nothing nicer than a run down set of sidings,

The Kettles will be in Bala Town, so not gone, just moved. :sungum:

• Like 2

Clive

With all that masking tape and sticking plaster I think the analogy is more Holby City!

Scalpal........saw...............

Actually Andy's layouts are better than that!

Paul R

Edited by pwr
  • Like 2

I've lost the plot!

Not that I ever had it in the first place!

Paul R

Hi Paul

All of Andy's layout builds are like good TV soaps, there is no plot but you cannot stop viewing them to see what happens next. :read:

Clive

With all that masking tape and sticking plaster I think the analogy is more Holby City!

Scalpal........saw...............

Actually Andy's layouts are better than that!

Paul R

Yes well actually Paul and Clive there is always a Plot to start with, then it drifts, then OFF TOPIC and things get in the way, then its Steam, then its back to Blue Diesels, so another good reason for the SPLIT.

Like any divorce there will be mentioned crossovers from time to time, but the main aim is to keep both threads relevant to their basic subject matter now, and not wander off on a tangent.

BTW, Now got a burst water pipe in the Kitchen :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: . :no:  :no:  :no:

• RMweb Premium

Yes well actually Paul and Clive there is always a Plot to start with, then it drifts, then OFF TOPIC and things get in the way, then its Steam, then its back to Blue Diesels, so another good reason for the SPLIT.

Like any divorce there will be mentioned crossovers from time to time, but the main aim is to keep both threads relevant to their basic subject matter now, and not wander off on a tangent.

BTW, Now got a burst water pipe in the Kitchen :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: . :no:  :no:  :no:

Hi Andy

Not another one.

We had a leaking joint on the pipe to the stables on Xmas eve. Thankfully Clare our plumber was able to fix it the other day.

• RMweb Gold

BTW, Now got a burst water pipe in the Kitchen  

Blimey Andy, is your house built on an earthquake zone or something?

(Or just spoil heaps from mining?)

You're not having much luck with the plumbing.

Hope you get it sorted soon,

Al.

Blimey Andy, is your house built on an earthquake zone or something?

(Or just spoil heaps from mining?)

You're not having much luck with the plumbing.

Hope you get it sorted soon,

Al.

No Earthquake Zone,

No Spoil Heap, (that's under the Ski Centre)

No Fracking either.

If I didn't have bad luck at the moment, I'd have NO LUCK.

:no: 

• RMweb Gold

No Earthquake Zone,

No Spoil Heap, (that's under the Ski Centre)

No Fracking either.

If I didn't have bad luck at the moment, I'd have NO LUCK.

:no:

As a musician you are probably familiar with 'Born under a bad sign' that must be how it feels. Hope it is all sorted soon.  I am too far away to offer anything other than advice.

Don

Cheers Don, Plumbers back to work now and coming to fit the new Shower on Thursday, so by the weekend, I should have some friends again that don't mind standing next to me, hahah. He is also sorting out the Kitchen leak as well.

Life can only get better, BUT, there are a lot of people in this world a lot worse off than me.

Just curious Andy, but isn't that house a fairly new build?

I wonder why you are seeing these problems with leaks - are they plastic pipes?

Al.

Early 70's Bungalow Al,

Shower fitted by a Bodgit Plumber about 5 or 6 years ago before we bought the place, Copper Pipes.

Leak under the sink from the feed to the Washing Machine, fitted by Polish Guy from Currys 18 Months ago, Copper elbow joint.

Nuff said on the subject. :no:

Back to Railways, :sungum:  and Seven Mills Sidings, work  is S L O W L E Y taking place.

Edited by Andrew P

So, Seven Mills and Dore End, has returned to Seven Mills Sidings, dropping the Dore End Tag. Yes I know that’s back where we started many moons ago, and now I’m feeling very silly for having gone around the houses and back a couple of times.

The New Track Plan is vastly different to that depicted in Post #1 and now also includes a Fuelling Point. The reason for the Sidings is for a Naval MOD Exchange facility with the Main Line.

The New Layout also goes back to just using one side of the Shed / The Old Potting Shed / TOPS, and has a Scenic foot print of 12ft X 2ft Plus a 5ft, 3 Track Swivelling Sector Plate.

Basically the MOD Line nearest the operating well will only be worked by an 08, probably the Black Early Crest No 13003, purchased by the MOD, and kept in its original condition by the Apprentice’s. This will collect and deliver Vans, Wagons and Oil Tanks to and from the Sidings and down to the Land based Naval Base.

The Main Line will be served by a variety of Locos, from a Blue 08, 2 X 25’s, a pair of  20’s including one in Railfreight Large Logo, plus a Blue 33 once it’s been upgraded and a 47. The above will collect and deliver the MOD Stock, plus use the Fuelling facility.

post-9335-0-50569100-1546895911_thumb.png

post-9335-0-42441100-1546895993_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37574400-1546896048_thumb.jpg

• Like 15