Accurascale on tour

• RMweb Gold

Nice geographical tie-in could mean Alexandra Palace station.  So an N2 would be logical but is it small enough?  The station wasn't used for goods traffic but it did receive coal for  Ally Pally so an addition to the coal wagon range sounds plausible and would maybe fit the 'small' description?

8 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Nice geographical tie-in could mean Alexandra Palace station.  So an N2 would be logical but is it small enough?  The station wasn't used for goods traffic but it did receive coal for  Ally Pally so an addition to the coal wagon range sounds plausible and would maybe fit the 'small' description?

I take it you mean the long-closed station built by the Muswell Hill Railway, on the line from Highgate?  

The present Alexandra Palace station was Wood Green when built, then Wood Green (Alexandra Park), then back to Wood Green again, but by the time it became Ally Pally it was only served by 313s. 

Edited by Michael Hodgson

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I take it you mean the long-closed station built by the Muswell Hill Railway, on the line from Highgate?  

The present Alexandra Palace station was Wood Green when built, then Wood Green (Alexandra Park), then back to Wood Green again, but by the time it became Ally Pally it was only served by 313s. 

Unless

I do indeed Michael - the one at the foot of the rise on which Ally Pally stands

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

I'm not sure which tube trains would have run up to Ally Pally if Adolf hadn't stopped them completing the New Works Programme - but they're all pretty 'small' !

Would have been Northern Line 1938 stock as per EFE model.  Destination plates were made for Elstree, Bushey Heath and Alexandra Palace but the lines weren't built. Aldenham bus works was originally going to be for housing Northern line stock but became the bus works when the  tube was abandoned.  Elstree plate shown here, can't find genuine Ally pally plate at the mo'.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1938-tube-stock-destination-plate-308140123

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Think Accurascale should be barred from attending shows:  No shows = No announcement  = Money for food and petrol.

If it helps it's our last show until October, well apart from Bangor, Northern Ireland next month, mostly under the Irish Railway Models banner there though!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

30 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

If it helps it's our last show until October, well apart from Bangor, Northern Ireland next month, mostly under the Irish Railway Models banner there though!

Cheers!

Fran 

The more pointed question is:

Is it your last announcement until October?

:drink_mini:

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

I was only kidding about being barred (shows are a very good way of releasing new product announcements, plus promotes the show)!  I hope you gents are made very welcome to any shows that you attend.  It must also be quite a logistics exercise and commitment to plan and attend shows this side of the Irish Sea.  (Asking the experts - is Guinness any good this side of the water?)

I am sure I can speak for a huge majority and say that modellers up and down the country really appreciate the time and effort that you put into your fantastic models, the honest and dignified manner that the company conducts itself and ultimately the support that Accurascale provides to the hobby.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

The more pointed question is:

Is it your last announcement until October?

:drink_mini:

Certainly not! :) 

40 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I was only kidding about being barred (shows are a very good way of releasing new product announcements, plus promotes the show)!  I hope you gents are made very welcome to any shows that you attend.  It must also be quite a logistics exercise and commitment to plan and attend shows this side of the Irish Sea.  (Asking the experts - is Guinness any good this side of the water?)

I am sure I can speak for a huge majority and say that modellers up and down the country really appreciate the time and effort that you put into your fantastic models, the honest and dignified manner that the company conducts itself and ultimately the support that Accurascale provides to the hobby.  

Thanks for your kind words @Torbay Express, and know you were only kidding. We do love having a bit of a laugh on here and being laid back on here with you all too. :)

As for the Guinness question, I've had underwhelming experiences of it in my London days so tend not to drink it when away, but if anyone can recommend a watering hole in the North London area for this weekend that does one I'm all ears :) (Familiar with the pubs of East Finchley being a former resident, along with some in Highgate and have enjoyed some ales there in the past!)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I suspect a small announcement will be something like a re run or extra liveries on an existing announcement.   Any loco or MU would be more than "small". I agree that a Finsbury 31 would fit the bill.

I think that is the best guess but you never know. “Small” might be something in N scale, a small  loco in 00, something in 0, with the “small” being tongue in cheek. I shall just have to sit quietly as quietly as I can manage until we know.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 14/03/2022 at 09:54, No Decorum said:

. “Small” might be something in N scale,

Maybe that isn't small enough?  Maybe they are going to create a Z scale market so all those people in tiny homes/flats can run full size trains...

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

23 hours ago, mdvle said:

Maybe that isn't small enough?  Maybe they are going to create a Z scale market so all those people in tiny homes/flats can run full size trains...

It’s not Z gauge Dougle - it’s far, far away!!

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We're all set for the The London Festival Of Railway Modelling show at Alexandra Palace this weekend! Join us on stand 93 to check out our latest news and models, including production samples of the Deltic, decorated samples of our Class 92, Class 37 and Manor, Mark 2 and Mark 5 coaches as well as wagons various, not to mention 31s and Siphons too.

Our team will be on hand to answer your queries and chat about all things model railways, not to mention making a small announcement and handing out freebies, like our new Spring 2022 catalogue and these nifty limited edition post cards featuring our Class 31s for you to collect and share! 

1569776118_WhatsAppImage2022-03-15at7_36_05AM.jpeg.a9d2e10235e1ff5ba8e5d62093c22d6c.jpeg

So, if you're in the capital and fancy a model railway day out, come along and pay us a visit. We can't wait to see you there!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9

Think I've got it, it must be:

'Small and local.....'

Accurasecure Track Pins, made from Titanium guaranteed to keep your track secure regardless of how many times you run an Accurascale Sound Fitted Deltic over it at full bore!*

Disclaimer:

* = No liability is accepted for anything else that falls off the track or layout damage due to vibration.  No liability is accepted for structural defects caused by the use of our products.  Please ensure your buildings insurance covers the use of our products prior to use.  

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

See you there all being well and if I can fight my way through the admiring crowds. (admiring your models that is, not me).

Be good to catch up again Mike...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

See you there all being well and if I can fight my way through the admiring crowds. (admiring your models that is, not me).

Be good to catch up again Mike...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately can’t get there this weekend- will the catalogue (and maybe cards) be available to purchase somewhere or will it only be available at shows?

Hopefully can get to warley so will collect the as yet unannounced packed autumn version then!

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately can’t get there this weekend- will the catalogue (and maybe cards) be available to purchase somewhere or will it only be available at shows?

Hopefully can get to warley so will collect the as yet unannounced packed autumn version then!