Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

I can see the end of March being fun with Deltic, NER Autocar and Rapido SECR wagons all arriving the same time.

Bread and water is quite tasty!

Ive squared up a loan from the church mouse,i may as well just get DWP pay direct to Accurascale this year.         

• Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

I just happened on a 6 page article in the GERS journal (Number 117 Jan 2004)  "Deltics on the GE" by Peter Paye. There are 10 pictures covering 5 of the class and mentions of 7 others. The dates of the trip mentions or photos seem extend from 1962 to 1981.

I believe buying electronic back issues on the GERS "Emporium" is fairly simple but only open members.

Edited by Dominion
Correction

• RMweb Gold

Deltic EM and P4 Drop-In Wheelsets Now Available to Pre-Order

6C8CCC35-0451-40EB-B625-B518B64E3A58_1_105_c.jpeg.e219da20e47ca0f9837d6529bc944be2.jpeg

(Check out our lovely hand model!)

Hi everyone,

Our replacement drop-in EM and P4 wheelsets have been signed off and are now available for pre-order. They will arrive with the Deltics in April and are a doddle to switch out for OO wheels which come under each Deltic.

Just flip off the bottom keeper plate on each bogie, remove the OO wheelsets, drop in your finescale set of choice, and all done!

7A6A520A-35EC-4BF0-B004-F7C31A8E2CD0_1_105_c.jpeg.6feeb67d638c46b3a38948fce01ba2ac.jpeg

We worked closely with the EM Gauge Society and the Scalefour Society to ensure our replacement wheels met the standards required for both EM and P4. After extensive testing both have performed very well.

To put them to the test, we brought our purple prototype mule to the Portsmouth show last November where members of South Hants Model Railway Club very kindly let us run it on their P4 layout "Eastwood". A big thank you to them for allowing the purple monster into traffic for some proving runs!

To put them to the test, we had a finescale modeller convert the Deltic from OO to P4 themselves. His conclusions were that it was a very simple procedure; simply pop the keepers places off, old wheels out, just give the pick-ups a little pull outwards and new wheels in. No plastic trimming or major surgery required, and also very easy to retro-fit back to OO should one wish to do so.

As you can see in the video, it performed flawlessly in front of a crowd (albeit looking a little out of place!) at a variety of speeds and through complex trackwork.

Each replacement pack of 6 axles with 12 wheels is £24.95 and can now be pre-ordered from our website. If you wish to combine shipping with your Deltic order, just email us by clicking here with your Deltic and wheelset order numbers and we will put them together for you.

Pre-order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/wheelsets 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 3

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Deltic EM and P4 Drop-In Wheelsets Now Available to Pre-Order

6C8CCC35-0451-40EB-B625-B518B64E3A58_1_105_c.jpeg.e219da20e47ca0f9837d6529bc944be2.jpeg

(Check out our lovely hand model!)

Hi everyone,

Our replacement drop-in EM and P4 wheelsets have been signed off and are now available for pre-order. They will arrive with the Deltics in April and are a doddle to switch out for OO wheels which come under each Deltic.

Just flip off the bottom keeper plate on each bogie, remove the OO wheelsets, drop in your finescale set of choice, and all done!

7A6A520A-35EC-4BF0-B004-F7C31A8E2CD0_1_105_c.jpeg.6feeb67d638c46b3a38948fce01ba2ac.jpeg

We worked closely with the EM Gauge Society and the Scalefour Society to ensure our replacement wheels met the standards required for both EM and P4. After extensive testing both have performed very well.

To put them to the test, we brought our purple prototype mule to the Portsmouth show last November where members of South Hants Model Railway Club very kindly let us run it on their P4 layout "Eastwood". A big thank you to them for allowing the purple monster into traffic for some proving runs!

To put them to the test, we had a finescale modeller convert the Deltic from OO to P4 themselves. His conclusions were that it was a very simple procedure; simply pop the keepers places off, old wheels out, just give the pick-ups a little pull outwards and new wheels in. No plastic trimming or major surgery required, and also very easy to retro-fit back to OO should one wish to do so.

As you can see in the video, it performed flawlessly in front of a crowd (albeit looking a little out of place!) at a variety of speeds and through complex trackwork.

Each replacement pack of 6 axles with 12 wheels is £24.95 and can now be pre-ordered from our website. If you wish to combine shipping with your Deltic order, just email us by clicking here with your Deltic and wheelset order numbers and we will put them together for you.

Pre-order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/wheelsets 

Cheers!

Fran 

Splendid stuff Fran.

Happiness is a P4 Deltic roaring around a large P4 layout at full belt - with the volume set to 11 of course...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Sorry, it's me again, and it's wheels again!

Will the ends of the axles/bushes be tidied up a tad on production wheelsets?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

They will indeed. The wheels in the photo above were the first pre-production samples that we pulled about and messed with a lot during testing.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, steve45 said:

Hi Fran,

Anything significant about April 18th I've received an invoice requesting payment by that date for the balance of money on my Pinza order - is this when you expect them to arrive?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

The invoice due dates are set to around expected arrival and to provide customers time to catch up with balances. We accept all payment methods and instalments are still available if you want to make weekly or monthly payments to clear balances. Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, McC said:

Hi Steve,

The invoice due dates are set to around expected arrival and to provide customers time to catch up with balances. We accept all payment methods and instalments are still available if you want to make weekly or monthly payments to clear balances. Hope that helps!

I haven't had an email, do we have more time in Canada?

• Funny 1

Question for anyone,

Please excuse if discussed already, as search results did not come up with anything via this topic. 

Are Deltic nameplates the same size for the longer names? Like "The Prince of Wales' Own Regiment of Yorkshire", "The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers", and etc. From the renders, I can see D9006 "The Fife and Forfar Yeomanry" is very slightly longer. 

I would like to take 55011 or 55005 (the latter being sold out already) and rename/number it into 55019 "Royal Highland Fusilier". 

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

I haven't had an email, do we have more time in Canada?

We're working systematically through the thousands of deposits, so it will take about a week for all balances to be sent out - we'll update here and via email newsletters when all have been sent.

For the models with plates, the printed version on the model is there as a placement tool / aide, and is ever so slightly small scaled than the actual, Accurascale plate. A dap of black tack or glue and pop the etch over the placeholder should do it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 minutes ago, Ribird said:

Question for anyone,

Please excuse if discussed already, as search results did not come up with anything via this topic. 

Are Deltic nameplates the same size for the longer names? Like "The Prince of Wales' Own Regiment of Yorkshire", "The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers", and etc. From the renders, I can see D9006 "The Fife and Forfar Yeomanry" is very slightly longer. 

I would like to take 55011 or 55005 (the latter being sold out already) and rename/number it into 55019 "Royal Highland Fusilier". 

But 55011 and 55005 are differently detailed models. 11 has one wiper per window plus cab air vents,  05 has two per window and no air vent.

For 55019 in later years, it seems that 55011 is the model closest in terms of detail (but it appears to be fully allocated on pre-orders)

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

But 55011 and 55005 are differently detailed models. 11 has one wiper per window plus cab air vents,  05 has two per window and no air vent.

For 55019 in later years, it seems that 55011 is the model closest in terms of detail (but it appears to be fully allocated on pre-orders)

make sure you pop your email into the waiting list on the product page. As we cycle through balances due, etc, inevitably a small number of units may become available for sale again and the waiting list will be notified directly first. Hope that helps!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

44 minutes ago, McC said:

We're working systematically through the thousands of deposits, so it will take about a week for all balances to be sent out - we'll update here and via email newsletters when all have been sent.

Never in my life have I been more glad to have a first name starting with 'Z'

The wallet can brace for impact.

• Funny 6

26 minutes ago, McC said:

make sure you pop your email into the waiting list on the product page. As we cycle through balances due, etc, inevitably a small number of units may become available for sale again and the waiting list will be notified directly first. Hope that helps!

That should have been directed at  @Ribird

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Depends on depth of snow and if your post man is game for a laugh..........and being nice to my mate McC.........

I was hoping our mate, McC would take pity on me being in Canada and send for free! :-)

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well Fran has had the odd holiday why not McC......you got a spare room in the first weeks of quater two............

I'm sure something could be arranged, are you acting as travel agent for a small compensation?

• Friendly/supportive 1