Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Ooooh. Something to look forward to tomorrow!

Ask the nice gent on the DPS stand and you might be allowed to handle their sample for a closer look. I did, commented on the hefty weight, and was amazed to be told it was merely an rolling sample with no motor, flywheels or drive mech!

Pics are of the RoS samples. 

E911AE4C-1BAA-479E-83F8-57B9D38D9769.jpeg.b9eae6801cfa13d22ad1e42602ea8976.jpeg39CF370D-B26F-43E0-8AAF-6C05E56F34E9.jpeg.f8ab29f5c1cc2fb80688ef8c27935ba2.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, OliverBytham said:

Pics are of the RoS samples. 

E911AE4C-1BAA-479E-83F8-57B9D38D9769.jpeg.b9eae6801cfa13d22ad1e42602ea8976.jpeg

Oh No..!!! VERY prominent mould seam on the nose. I guess it won't be so bad on the TTG liveries.

Hoping this is the livery sample model and the seam was improved on the production batch. I've NOT seen this so prominent on any pictures released of the Deltic thus far however.....

I can't really imagine Accurascale would have signed off on such a visible seam.... but would be good to know the origin of this model (clearly the one behind is a livery sample as no buffers fitted, but Tulyar looks complete)

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Oh No..!!! VERY prominent mould seam on the nose. I guess it won't be so bad on the TTG liveries.

Hoping this is the livery sample model and the seam was improved on the production batch. I've NOT seen this so prominent on any pictures released of the Deltic thus far however.....

I can't really imagine Accurascale would have signed off on such a visible seam.... but would be good to know the origin of this model (clearly the one behind is a livery sample as no buffers fitted, but Tulyar looks complete)

Hi @G-BOAF,

Just to point out before we all get carried away that these are original decoration samples from last year which have seen improvements in this area (and many others) since. It won’t be anywhere near as prominent on the finished production models.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @G-BOAF,

Just to point out before we all get carried away that these are original decoration samples from last year which have seen improvements in this area (and many others) since. It won’t be anywhere near as prominent on the finished production models.

Cheers!

Fran

I didn't notice the seam at the time. When I finish a model that I've worked on, the final stage is to plonk it on the layout and take a photo close up. The camera is often brutally honest, especially when photographing at close quarters, and I use the pictures to tweak the item, much as you are doing here. Of course if any of the samples were found to be looking for a home.... :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Any chance of seeing more pictures of the production samples?

Those pictures of the rails samples are quite worrying.

Hi @The Ghost of IKB,

We will have our usual standards of photographs in the coming weeks, along with them on our stand at Glasgow and Ally Pally, so feel free to pop by our stand for a good look. Surely the image above shows clearly the difference between the early sample and production?

As provided in the image above, the production samples are certainly streets ahead of the early sample on the rails stand. You can see it’s night and day and something we simply would not sign off on.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Any chance of seeing more pictures of the production samples?

Those pictures of the rails samples are quite worrying.

How are photos of pre production samples that have been shown to be corrected in a subsequent photograph of a production sample worrying? Surely the earlier photo is irrelevant at this stage as that is not whats being produced.

• Like 1
  • Agree 18

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Mighty fine

I went back to Donny today, which thanks to the member’s offer it’s free to get in. I had another look, with my glasses on for longer this time (I’ve not quite reached the point of going in maskless, and said mask steams them up!). Prototype artifact apart, it still looked absolutely fantastic, as did the 92. The nose ends look much better in proportion than the Bachmann one, which always looked to have a slight droop snoot look about it. Blue with Finsbury Park white windscreen surrounds is definitely my favourite livery, and I can’t wait for my Ballymoss. I also bagged a nice 58, which end up on my thread sometime soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

When the model is looking way better than the real thing and theres still wibble its getting silly,we have never before had such detailed models and no company who care and involve us as much in pre production,lets drive Accurascale to glory not Fran and the team to drink nit picking ......that said it may be too late on the drink front.Give them a break as soon the models will be here to drool over then.Its easy to pick fault with things but can anyone do better?

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 12
  • Agree 4

13 hours ago, 97406 said:

Blue with Finsbury Park white windscreen surrounds is definitely my favourite livery

Same for me - the all blue front-end looks too much like a 37. I'm starting to REALLY regret not placing an order when I had the chance. As both the purple & blue examples are all gone, I may have to plump for a green version.

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

That has got to be the over reaction of the year! Pictures of the Rails sample are irrelevant given that it is an early sample. 

Roy

Given that it wasnt clear at the timeof posting these pictures that this was an early sample, inl dont think thats fair. Also remember that due to COVID, this is now the first time that any samples have been seen by the public in the flesh.

But glad they are just the old samples and look forward to seeing more pictures of the production models.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Graham108 said:

Same for me - the all blue front-end looks too much like a 37. I'm starting to REALLY regret not placing an order when I had the chance. As both the purple & blue examples are all gone, I may have to plump for a green version.

Have a look on the DPS website, or Rails of Sheff for Tulyar. I think it may still be available to pre order.

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Given that it wasnt clear at the timeof posting these pictures that this was an early sample, inl dont think thats fair. Also remember that due to COVID, this is now the first time that any samples have been seen by the public in the flesh.

But glad they are just the old samples and look forward to seeing more pictures of the production models.

It’s of more concern to me when simple errors are pointed out early in the process and not rectified by the manufacturer (no names mentioned here :D). Nevertheless a note by the samples to say they were early samples and perhaps listing the areas subsequently rectified would be seen as a big plus in my opinion, as it shows diligence on behalf of the manufacturer. Worth considering in future, perhaps.

On a more technical note, I wonder if the tooling got refined to remove the seam, or is there a number of workers rubbing them down with fine wet and dry paper? The latter much like I do from time to time!