Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 97406 said:

It’s of more concern to me when simple errors are pointed out early in the process and not rectified by the manufacturer (no names mentioned here :D). Nevertheless a note by the samples to say they were early samples and perhaps listing the areas subsequently rectified would be seen as a big plus in my opinion, as it shows diligence on behalf of the manufacturer. Worth considering in future, perhaps.

On a more technical note, I wonder if the tooling got refined to remove the seam, or is there a number of workers rubbing them down with fine wet and dry paper? The latter much like I do from time to time! 

Hi @97406

It's a bit of both, really! :) 

26 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Given that it wasnt clear at the timeof posting these pictures that this was an early sample, inl dont think thats fair. Also remember that due to COVID, this is now the first time that any samples have been seen by the public in the flesh.

But glad they are just the old samples and look forward to seeing more pictures of the production models.

Just for the record everyone, we totally understand the reaction and in fairness it wasn't clear from the outset, but it's now been explained and hopefully we are all happy campers again.

After all, can you imagine our reactions when we first opened the wrapping to see it? The air was as blue as the paint job, we can assure you, and it was never going to fly in our eyes. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

54 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Have a look on the DPS website, or Rails of Sheff for Tulyar. I think it may still be available to pre order.

Thanks for the suggestion - I was only looking at the A/S web site. However, Tulyar is sold out at Rails!

1 hour ago, OliverBytham said:

Well that was all jolly exciting. Good job I didn't post my photo of the non-white cab version... 

2232-HD_3169241_Qty1_1.jpeg.8ac7fa3ac34640c7cc4d7badd6d897d7.jpeg

12 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

This definitely shows how great the accurascale model is.

We may laugh, but that old model still had a better bogie representation than the later Triang Hornby class 37 that sat on the same bogie as the class 47 and the cab steps were under the nose

image.png.6d5cee269fb7308fde158e9d5161ad35.png

image from Hattons https://www.hattons.co.uk/36311/hornby_r751_class_37_37130_in_br_blue/stockdetail

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

We may laugh, but that old model still had a better bogie representation than the later Triang Hornby class 37 that sat on the same bogie as the class 47 and the cab steps were under the nose

image from Hattons https://www.hattons.co.uk/36311/hornby_r751_class_37_37130_in_br_blue/stockdetail

And they were still making them like that well into the 1990s even with the better Lima one around. When it was first released, it used class 31 bogies. How about Deltic bogies under a class 92?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Given that it wasnt clear at the timeof posting these pictures that this was an early sample, inl dont think thats fair. Also remember that due to COVID, this is now the first time that any samples have been seen by the public in the flesh.

But glad they are just the old samples and look forward to seeing more pictures of the production models.

At the time that post was made, Accurascale had already clarified the situation, as seemed to be evidenced by the request for "more pictures of the production samples".

Roy

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Im still more concerned about the young lady who assembled the purple one,any news as to her recovery or is it still touch and go if she ever gets back on her feet......did she make it home for Chinese new year?

Apparently she went home, swore off models for life, found a nice farmer and is married, far, far, far from the lure of a purple deltic!

• Funny 9

6 hours ago, Graham108 said:

Same for me - the all blue front-end looks too much like a 37. I'm starting to REALLY regret not placing an order when I had the chance. As both the purple & blue examples are all gone, I may have to plump for a green version.

They'll come up on Ebay albeit at inflated prices if they're not already there

4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Eh, no so bad, bit of a stretch to get into the cab, but how else are you going to get your leg exercises in? 

• RMweb Premium
On 13/02/2022 at 11:48, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Production sample of the same locomotive if it helps allay any worries…

99E5BFA1-BDC0-4992-9637-91E456D4D6B6.jpeg.43e679bea0fa3d297fc95e32eb6132a5.jpeg

Cheers!

Fran

Wow - my NRM Deltic came with an enamel pin badge, but nothing like that!  Will there be instructions for reinforcing our clothing so we can wear it with pride?

As for the loco - wbl.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Well that's the invoice for RSG through and paid. 

Should I get any further confirmation emails, or will that be it until the shipping date? 

Cheers,

Once you have the balance invoice sorted, either right away, or by instalments, the next comms will likely be. general newsletter confirming the shipping timelines, and then the next you hear with be your tracking number from Royal Mail :)

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, McC said:

Apparently she went home, swore off models for life, found a nice farmer and is married, far, far, far from the lure of a purple deltic!

Married a Chinese farmer?  She’ll soon get trenchfoot and be back begging for the purple paint under her finger nails.

• Funny 4

Well

Thats my invoice paid for Royal Scots Grey. Really looking forward to this arriving. Didnt receive and confirmation email but note the post above and also been onto my account with Accurascale and the order has been changed to 'fulfilled' so im a happy bunny

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 hours ago, philg said:

I’m starting to feel jealousy creeping in. I’ve two models “on order”. One from Rails and one from Locomotion. Neither have asked for any more money - yet…..

Trying to be patient, but it’s not easy

Rails have told me that they will only request payment once they have received the locos.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, johndon said:

Rails have told me that they will only request payment once they have received the locos.

likewise our invoice due dates are for when the models are expected in stock and not due until then.