Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

2 hours ago, ThaneofFife said:

£250 dcc sound fitted with all those innovative bells and whistles......staggeringly good value for a big 6 axle loco in todays market

I must resist ........

Oh well it's my birthday next week

2 beauties now ordered.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Can we have the option of changing the head code on DCC, so we can watch the numbers moving like the real thing?

I'm sure a little LED screen could enable this?

Not in this run but we are exploring the technology of nano QLED and similar for future models. For now we’ve designed a large sheet of destinations which can be easily swapped out as needed with four prototypical lamps behind. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

On 01/02/2022 at 12:12, Michael Hodgson said:

That's a commercial matter for Accurascale.  

Their Quality Control has picked up an issue and it's being rectified, the contractor presumably bearing the cost of doing that.  No reason for them to p*ss off a contractor who is doing a good quality work and who they will probably want to use again.

I genuinely thought he was trying to crack a gag, it wasn’t a serious suggestion was it?!

11 hours ago, reddragon said:

Can we have the option of changing the head code on DCC, so we can watch the numbers moving like the real thing?

I'm sure a little LED screen could enable this?

I doubt that it would look as good as physically rotating codes but then you’d need eight servos and a twenty nine pin decoder. :O

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, steve45 said:

Hi Fran,

Does the body need to come off for maintenance, such as lubrication?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

The body is still fully removable for such matters, but we have just designed items such as DCC fitting to be as easy as possible.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

One aspect which nearly works on some Bachmann diesels is the access slots in the floor to oil the motor bushes - is this or similar present to avoid body removal for same?

Al.

Just about to say the same. Also present on Dapol westerns :)

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

One aspect which nearly works on some Bachmann diesels is the access slots in the floor to oil the motor bushes - is this or similar present to avoid body removal for same?

Al.

Hi Al,

That's not something present on this loco, but we will keep it in mind for future projects. Great suggestion!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Apologies if this question has been asked already but will the models come straight out the box with NEM type couplings at either end or couplings at one end with buffer beam pipes etc already factory fitted at the other ? I’ve 10 on order direct with Accurascale & Rails of Sheffield so will be a very busy beaver if each end of each model requires the pipework fitting by the customer. Can’t wait for the models to arrive. Thank God the likes of Accurascale have entered the market. Thankyou.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Al,

That's not something present on this loco, but we will keep it in mind for future projects. Great suggestion!

Cheers!

Fran 

Now now, start nicking ideas and a Thunderbolt might come down on you ;)

• Funny 3

36 minutes ago, DLIBOD17 said:

Apologies if this question has been asked already but will the models come straight out the box with NEM type couplings at either end or couplings at one end with buffer beam pipes etc already factory fitted at the other ? I’ve 10 on order direct with Accurascale & Rails of Sheffield so will be a very busy beaver if each end of each model requires the pipework fitting by the customer. Can’t wait for the models to arrive. Thank God the likes of Accurascale have entered the market. Thankyou.

Interesting thought. 

If they come ex-factory with detail at one end, unless someone at Accurascale has been very out of the box in production specification (and I wouldn't put it past them to have been!) the detail on all models will all be the same end. Consequentially you would still need to do some work. Prototypically, you would not want all Deltics hauling your trains from the same cab, but would be more likely to have some detailed at the Number 1 end, and others detailed at the Number 2.

But would be quicker to change the ends of half, then detail up both.

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, OliverBytham said:

Must remember to paint my uniformed driver figure's shoes a prototypical red when model lands, as per the classic Pathe film. Wonder how best to fashion a scratchbuilt tea flask to sit alongside...

1689479392_Screenshot2022-02-03at19_44_05.png.b2de7f8496a9b5e91f60a6e3b47025bf.png

I hate to criticise the design of such a pinnacle of civilisation, but that really looks like an accident waiting to happen.  A moments inattention while double declutching for a psr and Ouch!  Perhaps a burning shoe smell and cries of pain should be on the list for future sfx.

As for oiling, no need for special orifices - arrange for it to be done through the exhaust ports and it doesn't matter if the user spills a bit.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, DLIBOD17 said:

Pretty sure I asked this way back in the thread and the answer from Fran was that all of the buffer beam parts were for the buyer to fit :)

20 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Pretty sure I asked this way back in the thread and the answer from Fran was that all of the buffer beam parts were for the buyer to fit :)

Not unreasonable. @DLIBOD17 maybe put an evening in your diary and pour a medium size drinky for yourself!

Just don't try to fit the etched nameplates after more than one drink!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Not unreasonable. @DLIBOD17 maybe put an evening in your diary and pour a medium size drinky for yourself!

Just don't try to fit the etched nameplates after more than one drink!

Etched nameplates are the easy bit for me, where as buffer beam detail is virtually impossible for me to fit, I was hoping it might have been as above, one end fully detailed and the other NEM ready.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

I found these at Road and Rails a few weeks ago and they are excellent little drivers, I think they are primarily for road vehicles/trucks but obviously work as Loco/diesel drivers as well, very well modelled and come painted.

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/scenery/products/artitec-drivers-x3-painted

Now showing as sold out  - wonder how many Class 55 purchasers took them?

• RMweb Gold
On 03/02/2022 at 18:44, boxbrownie said:

I found these at Road and Rails a few weeks ago and they are excellent little drivers, I think they are primarily for road vehicles/trucks but obviously work as Loco/diesel drivers as well, very well modelled and come painted.

https://www.roads-and-rails.co.uk/collections/scenery/products/artitec-drivers-x3-painted

They look like there sat on the toilet to me.

ones clearly in pain

the middle one is reaching for the loo roll

I think the closest looks like he’s enjoying it.

:D

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

They look like there sat on the toilet to me.

ones clearly in pain

the middle one is reaching for the loo roll

I think the closest looks like he’s enjoying it.

:D

If you have to sit with arms out like that……you need more roughage! :lol:

• Funny 4