Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, E100 said:

Ah right. On mine it looks pretty slow on a digitrax system.

Out of the box mine will move at setting one, but it moves, stops, moves a bit more, stops a bit etc etc it doesn’t stop this until setting 6.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I ordered a set of 1970's figures to go in my 55001 St Paddy on the 8th July, and I was just wondering how long delivery should take as I might have to have another enforced stay for medical tests (hopefully not) soon.

Well this is my story regarding the Deltic,

“There has been a slight mix up in production at the factory whilst the correct amount was supplied some of the D9002 Deltic models actually contained the incorrect loco 'Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry' Class 55 002 Deltic in Two Tone Green with full yellow ends (1980) - DCC SOUND

We are currently in contact with Accurascale and awaiting their response to see how they wish to proceed with this issue, so we will keep you updated. If you do not wish to wait, or wish to swap to the 55 002 Deltic please do contact me directly as I will be the first point of call for this issue”

I replied that I was happy to wait for the correct Loco and then I get the following,

“I am afraid we are not going to be able to supply the original version you had ordered as Accurascale had confirmed that the factory will not be producing any more, we are therefore left with the option of switching your order to the non preserved version or refunding your deposit and cancelling the order.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, as I am sure you can appreciate this is out of our control and deeply saddens us to not be able to fulfil the original order.”

• Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, barra_boy said:

“There has been a slight mix up in production at the factory whilst the correct amount was supplied some of the D9002 Deltic models actually contained the incorrect loco 'Kings Own Yorkshire Light Infantry' Class 55 002 Deltic in Two Tone Green with full yellow ends (1980) - DCC SOUND

We are currently in contact with Accurascale and awaiting their response to see how they wish to proceed with this issue, so we will keep you updated. If you do not wish to wait, or wish to swap to the 55 002 Deltic please do contact me directly as I will be the first point of call for this issue”

I replied that I was happy to wait for the correct Loco and then I get the following,

“I am afraid we are not going to be able to supply the original version you had ordered as Accurascale had confirmed that the factory will not be producing any more, we are therefore left with the option of switching your order to the non preserved version or refunding your deposit and cancelling the order.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, as I am sure you can appreciate this is out of our control and deeply saddens us to not be able to fulfil the original order.”

Seems to be the same experience as @SimonMW on the previous page.

Rails answer does not seem to tally with the sort of customer service expected form AS. Maybe @Accurascale Fran or @McC could look at this? It just does not sound like Rails are dealing with the same people...!

Rails seem to say that the correct number of D9002 and 55002 boxes were delivered, but some D9002 boxes contained 55002 models. Which means (by deduction) that the factory made an incorrect quantity of each model, and simply packaged the 'excess' models from one into 'excess' boxes of the other???

Part of me wonders if someone else (Locomotion) had a lot of D9002 in 55002 boxes...!?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, barra_boy said:

Hi @barra_boy,

Can you email us sales@accurascale.co.uk regarding this?

Many thanks,

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

2 minutes ago, juke said:

Should the sound version come with the Loksound manual?

I know I can download it online but the actual manual is always better.

Mine didn’t. Spent a while printing it last night. Not sure when I’ll get time to read it though. I think my time will be better spent looking at how DecoderPro supports these decoders 

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2022 at 18:06, boxbrownie said:

Received my replacement Deltic last week and only just got around to unpacking and running it today, I thought they might just repair the coupling but definitely a new model as different bits are loose this time in the packaging 😁 but it runs without the clunking on corners from the coupling mechanism, and although I haven’t fiddled with the settings yet this one as well won’t crawl smoothly until step six on the ECoS….drive me mad these V5 decoders.  Has anyone with a crawling stutter managed to get a stable crawl with the settings?

Thank you for the quick turn around on the replacement  AS 👍

Right. Taken me a while, but here’s why I just LOVE Zimo decoders

Two videos. 55 015 (white windows) has a Zimo chip. NO changes to ANY cvs to get this crawl at speed step 1

D9009 has the ESU sound decoder, and this is at speed step  3 but still doesn’t crawl reliably. It stutters all the time. This is also (so far) without messing with any cvs - but Zimo show it shouldn’t be necessary

Snag. How do I upload videos from my iPad???  Videos are posted in the next but one post below

Edited by philg

5 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

Upload to youtube and share link on here.

Doh!

So, Zimo equipped Deltic is here: 

and ESU equipped Deltic is here 

Maybe the ESU back-emf needs tweaking/enhancing somehow, but I am a long way from comfortable with all those CVs!!

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 17/07/2022 at 18:13, boxbrownie said:

Yes I tried  that on the previous Deltic but it just makes it start suddenly without a transition from (for example) zero to 3 mph, it just suddenly starts at maybe 5 or 6 mph scale speed.

I increased CV2 to 4 initially but as the motor got run in reduced it to 2. This smooths out the strat up. Interestingly I swapped the pre fitted sound card for a spare decoder and the start up was perfect.

• Informative/Useful 1

My Loksound Royal Scots Grey crawls like that Zimo clip using a Trix Mobile station controller on Trix C-track.

I recently fitted a number of my Ho fleet with Lokpilot V5 decoders and even the oldest, a 1998 Brawa run perfectly with them fitted.

1 minute ago, maico said:

My Loksound Royal Scots Grey crawls like that Zimo clip using a Trix Mobile station controller on Trix C-track.

I recently fitted a number of my Ho fleet with Lokpilot V5 decoders and even the oldest, a 1998 Brawa run perfectly with them fitted.

Hmm. I’m using a Lenz LZV200 command station, but I’d be surprised if the type of DCC system in use made any difference

My No1 choice for the next release would be Pinza in early 1978 condition - it was shortly ex-works and was bulled up to work the 'Man of Kent' railtour on 26th March 1978.

It could even be supplied with the headboard and flags  :)

Another good choice would be D9000 in its late 90s condition when it regularly worked the Birmingham - Ramsgate for Virgin trains.

image.png

Edited by 74009
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, juke said:

Should the sound version come with the Loksound manual?

I know I can download it online but the actual manual is always better.

I've never had a factory sound fitted loco that included a manufacturer manual. (Hornby TTS is a "sort-of" manual)

That applies to Bachmann - ESU/Zimo, Hornby - pre-TTS, they used ESU, Atlas - ESU, Athearn - Soundtraxx.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Seems to be the same experience as @SimonMW on the previous page.

Rails answer does not seem to tally with the sort of customer service expected form AS. Maybe @Accurascale Fran or @McC could look at this? It just does not sound like Rails are dealing with the same people...!

Rails seem to say that the correct number of D9002 and 55002 boxes were delivered, but some D9002 boxes contained 55002 models. Which means (by deduction) that the factory made an incorrect quantity of each model, and simply packaged the 'excess' models from one into 'excess' boxes of the other???

Part of me wonders if someone else (Locomotion) had a lot of D9002 in 55002 boxes...!?

I've been in discussion with both Rails and Accurascale about this over last few days.

Emails with Tracy Barber (Director at Rails) have revealed that orders for D9002 were incorrectly supplied from the factory. Accurascale were not aware of the issue until too late to resolve. Apparently (as this was a joint Rails/Locomotion order) this issue affected both exclusive D9002 retailers, i.e. there is a shortage of D9002, it's not that Locomotion got the ones Rails didn't get.

Emails with @Accurascale Fran and Stephen McCarron at Accurascale have advised me that D9002 "as preserved" was unique to Rails/Locomotion, and Accurascale are unable to provide D9002 as preserved - as they don't have any.

I'm currently working with Rails and Accurascale to see if there is an alternative option which will work, but Bottom line - neither Rails nor Accurascale have spare D9002s as preserved, and we have missed out on D9002. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, philg said:

Hmm. I’m using a Lenz LZV200 command station, but I’d be surprised if the type of DCC system in use made any difference

I don’t think it’ll make a difference either, after all I’m using a Esu ECOS50200 controller so should be perfect. As with your videos my Deltic stutters exactly the same, and every other Loco from cheap to new and expensive with Zimo crawl on setting one perfectly, it is very frustrating.

Edited by boxbrownie

On 17/07/2022 at 14:15, Covkid said:

Very politely,  perhaps you have learnt a lesson from this.  If you want something badly, arrange to buy it.  Accurascale only ask for a deposit of £30 initially to guarantee you an example. That gives you a period of time to arrange your funding. 

I have a Manor and a sound fitted 5544 on deposit.  I never particularly "loved" the class 31 but A/s reputation for producing top quality models with correspondingly good sound systems meant it was a no brainer compared to messing around with a more expensive and less accurate Hornby model, then procuring A/s quality sound.  The current rrp for Hornby 31s is approx £230is I believe, without looking at sound. Another twentyish quid buys you a top of the range sound fitted 31 from A/s - what is not to like ?

As soon as A/s advertise the GSYP centre headcode Welsh 37s I will be placing deposits

Thank you for your polite lesson about how to pre-order a model and advice about saving money to pay for it. I accept that it's my own fault that I missed out and that there many things in life you can have, and many things you cannot and this model will just be another one of those. My irritation is more with those who have bought this model as an investment to immediately sell for profit rather than enjoy owning the model as a railway modeller. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, kitefighter said:

Thank you for your polite lesson about how to pre-order a model and advice about saving money to pay for it. I accept that it's my own fault that I missed out and that there many things in life you can have, and many things you cannot and this model will just be another one of those. My irritation is more with those who have bought this model as an investment to immediately sell for profit rather than enjoy owning the model as a railway modeller. 

That might not have been their intention when they bought it, but if buyers have seen others doubling their money on it who knows what kind of circumstances are going on in their lives to lead them to sell theirs.

I'm sure Accurascale will be producing further batches in the future so just get your money ready.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

In case this is useful to other Deltic owners, here are the LokSound V motor control CV settings I have programmed on my 9020 Nimbus. Its not perfect, but its not half bad either: The critical ones for slow speed operation are CVs 2, 51 and 52. Many of the other values are probably as received from Accurascale.

CV2: 1,      CV3: 25,       CV4: 12,    CV5:  200,     CV9:  40,

CV51:  20,    CV52:  70,   CV53:110,  CV54:  50,  CV55:  100

CV116:  100,  CV117:  150,  CV118:  20,  CV119:  25

Hope it helps              Martin C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, SimonMW said:

I've been in discussion with both Rails and Accurascale about this over last few days.

Emails with Tracy Barber (Director at Rails) have revealed that orders for D9002 were incorrectly supplied from the factory. Accurascale were not aware of the issue until too late to resolve. Apparently (as this was a joint Rails/Locomotion order) this issue affected both exclusive D9002 retailers, i.e. there is a shortage of D9002, it's not that Locomotion got the ones Rails didn't get.

Emails with @Accurascale Fran and Stephen McCarron at Accurascale have advised me that D9002 "as preserved" was unique to Rails/Locomotion, and Accurascale are unable to provide D9002 as preserved - as they don't have any.

I'm currently working with Rails and Accurascale to see if there is an alternative option which will work, but Bottom line - neither Rails nor Accurascale have spare D9002s as preserved, and we have missed out on D9002. 

Sounds like there might be a case here for including a small re-run of this version of 9002 in the next batch, alongside more of the big purple one.

• Agree 6