The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Gold

i've downloaded the new daft punk album too, it's very good, found other daft punk albums heavy going but this one is pretty mellow in places

also awaiting the new PSB album on download

i've downloaded the new daft punk album too, it's very good, found other daft punk albums heavy going but this one is pretty mellow in places

also awaiting the new PSB album on download

I'm a massive fan of Daft Punk, and was really excited for the new album. Listened to it today in work and it didn't let me down at all, a brilliant album!!

They seem to have matured somewhat, this new album has a much more Kraftwerk/Royksopp feel to it. More an 'end of the night' sound rather than a 'get the party going' sound.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

The next chapter in electropop band Ladytron's discography - here is frontwoman Marnie with new solo single 'The Hunter'

Some superb production, but being new wave/electropop, hardly anyone will ever hear it!

This will never make it to the mainstream but as long as Helen and the gang never give up, then I am happy :)

A lot of things....

Slayer - Reign in Blood & South of Heaven

Haken - Aquarius & Visions

Riverside - Shrine of the New Generation Slaves

Deep Purple - Now What?!

Tarja - Colours in the Dark

Harvest - Chasing Time

Cosmograf - The Man Left In Space

Luna Rossa - Sleeping Pills and Lullabies

Possibly her best post-Nightwish album to date. Released in August, I've managed to get hold of a review copy :)

You lucky chap.

What Lies Beneath was much better than My Winter Storm, and her Live CD/DVD was very good (except for her guitarist butchering Satch's solo on Falling Awake). I'll look forward to the new one.

Lu Cozma - Lockdown

Interesting mix of acoustic and electronica, and Lu has a great voice. Another review copy; this time hand-delivered by the artist, so I'd better not give a bad review - They know where I live...

• Like 1