The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

The usual eclectic mix of what ever I'm in the mood for; today included Evanescence "Fallen", The Saw Doctors "Live In Galway" and Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms".  One superb cover version I hadn't heard until it was background muzak to Sunday's breakfast in the usual cafe was this gem:-

• RMweb Gold

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. Listened to it throughout my drive up the M5 last night. A truly great album, normally his works take a few listens to grab - this one is instant. Thoroughly recommended.

Neil

Still listening to this relentlessly for the past two days. Amazing, don't ignore this one - a review has called this "the Wall for the Facebook generation" Edited by Downendian

Mumford and Sons. They've dropped the Banjo onto the fire, dropped the folk 'act' and gone down the Rock road with Electronic Guitars and Synths. A slow burner of a track until the middle, but compared to their earlier stuff they've gained a new fan with me!

Wilson_Steven_2013_Raven_cover.jpg
Steven Wilson - The Raven that Refused to Sing.

I like the new new album, but not as much as 'The Raven ...' or 'Grace for Drowning'. Saw him last weekend, and the tracks he played from 'The Raven..' really stood out as the highlights of the show.

EDIT, just saw, there are some copies of the deluxe edition of 'Hand Cannot Erase' for pre-order at Burning Shed, without having to pay comedy Ebay prices. A Very nice package, although I am still not sure about the album itself, others are raving about it, so probably just me.
https://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson/product/65/6311/

Edited by Jamiel

• 3 weeks later...

A completely off chance track from a band which I've not listened to for years - I think I will have to cycle through my head before the next Rugby match.

Bloc Party's The Prayer - From the brilliant 'A Weekend In The City'

A nice day working on the buses today, with 6 music blaring on in the back ground. But these three tracks stayed in my mind the most today.

The Wombats - Give Me A Try. Always a irrelevant but fun band, good slow burner of a summer tune from their new album.

Mumford And Sons - Transformation from their previous life seems to be coming on nicely, if incredibly Kings of Leon's 1st album in 'The Wolf'.

And this one, My standout track for today - Spring Kings / City. Very very The Clash / Cult like. Love it!

• 2 weeks later...

The Gentle Storm - The Diary (While writing a review of the superb gig at The Garage on Thursday).  Anneke van Giersbergen is a quite remarkable singer..

Eschaton - Sentinel Apocalypse. "Technical Death Metal" which is absolutely bloody awful. Only listening for review purposes.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here. Because sometimes we neglect the classic albums and never play them

Karnataka - Secrets of Angels. Their best album to date?

Jacco Gardner - Hypnophobia. Another review album; interesting indie/prog/pop/pschedelic hybrid.