The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Gold

Ok, I confess. Today in the car it was Shakatak. I really rate Bill Sharpe's keyboard skills, and Jill Saward clearly 'got' that they were an instrumental group with a singer, and she was not the lead singer in a band.

Meanwhile, indoors, Deep & Dope #194 from JaBig on YouTube is belting out. 4 hours-worth. Again mainly instrumental.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Stealers Wheel - Stealers Wheel (their first album, tracks include - stuck in the middle with you, late again, you put something better inside of me etc.)

• RMweb Premium

Never really got into them, didn't mind the odd track, although I did see them as the support act for Lindisfarne back in the early 70's

If you are/were into Genesis (the proper era before the remnants went all Pop), or a bit of a prog fan, then this concert is fantastic......

I was at that gig as a reviewer and photographer.  Stunning show

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic, getting paid to watch a band that you like.

Didn't actually get paid for it, though I did get in for free (and had homework afterwards!)

One reason I went as a reviewer was a friend of mine (Anne-Marie Helder) was announced as the support act after the show had sold out.

• RMweb Premium

Was that at Hammersmith only, don't recall her at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester

• RMweb Premium

I'm assuming you mean the unplugged album, absolutely brilliant version of Layla

• RMweb Premium

Out of nowhere - Joe Egan ( the other half of Stealers Wheel)

Got the Ramones Anthology on in the car at the moment. I'm a bit disappointed to find that, although it contains a few gems, quite a bit of it is so middle of the road that the protagonists were/are at more risk of being run over than of ODing.