RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

From one extreme to the other, Vinyl  ELO and Respigi, who in the UK is only remembered for The Pines of Rome, but wrote many other fine works that are barely played in performance, thank goodness for youtube and Mp3

Stephen

• RMweb Premium

"Courting The Widow", Nad Sylvan's latest album. I saw him singing with Steve Hackett's band last year & resolved to hear more.

Lovely prog album, definitely worth a listen if prog is your thing.

• RMweb Gold

If you like Hammond organ fronting a big band, maybe this is for you. The first two minutes are protracted intro, then it starts cooking, rising to a crescendo. 1964. Jimmy Smith "Slaughter on Tenth Avenue", arr by Oliver Nelson. As with many of Smith's albums of the era it was recorded by Rudy van Gelder, who I recently saw described as the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. 

• Like 1

A sampler that I picked up in April: UCLU Folk and World Music Society Compilation Album Vol 1.  As diverse a selection as 12 tracks allow!  "Shark Song" by Seen As Waves is a modern piece definitely in the traditional idiom which tells a grisly story entertainingly and "Coconut Polka" by the UCLU Ceilidh Band is a bit rough and ready but works well.  Now to find Vol 2, methinks.

Before that "Home State" by Jack Carty is next on the car CD player.  It arrived yesterday all the way from Australia and is released on 3rd August.  More of this anon.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Ferguslie Park - Stealers Wheel.

Original vinyl

post-27337-0-59400600-1467395289_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1