The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

From what to what? And on what? ;)

steve (Rega P3/Dynavector 10X5)

ortofon kontrapunkt 'a' to "no idea at the moment". Gyrodeck, old Origin Live arm (their original non-rega arm - maybe it's called 'silver' ).

ĸen

New Dance Orchestra - Electronica. NDO being Geoff Downes (Asia, The Buggles) on keys and programming, and the very lovely Anne-Marie Helder on vocals.

Manic Street Preachers - Postcards from a Young Man. Tell me, exactly when did the Manics start sounding like Queen?

Black Country Communion. Fantastic hard rock/blues supergroup featuring Glenn Hughes and Joe Bonamassa.

Robert Plant - Band of Joy. Robert growing old gracefully with an album of Americana covers.

Enisferum - From Afar. Finnish folk-metal. With banjos.

Kyrbgrinder - Cold War Technology. In-your-face metal power trio fronted by Johannes James, Threshold's drummer.

Guest dilbert

The Buggles ..

Was listening to FGTH - Welcome to the Pleasuredome - this pm and produced by the other half of Buggles.

But OM MP3/PC : Abney Park's album - Lost Horizons...

A very intriguing music fusion format...classical/folk/progrock and at times a touch of the old semi-tones from the Middle East - haven't detected the quarter-tones yet... in a strange way reminds me of some of the music that Renaissance used to do play... a different style but excellent vocal and instrumental mix & talent.

Sample this track (and enjoy the décor) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXIYdFGsQ very good... dilbert

(the album can be downloaded for €8.90, from Amazon and the CD can be obtained from Amazon - starting price €107.45 - crazy)

edit - silly me, music isn't done, it is played :(

• RMweb Premium

My I-Tunes general music play list that I always play on random when I am modelling takes 8.9 hours to go through the whole lot and even then some tracks may not appear for weeks. Strangely it just blurted out Chris de Burgh 'Lady in Red' and I have no idea whatsoever how the hell that got in there!! :lol:

• RMweb Premium

At this very moment I am listening for about the millionth time to Hendrix 'Are You Experienced' as motivation for my guitar performance in Church this morning! Yup, we have interesting songs at our place!!:rolleyes:

Actually it reminds me of Bulleid Pacifics at Weymouth in June 1967 - don't ask, it's a long story involving a woman!

EDIT at 13.00: got thrown out of church for bursting into the Hendrix middle riff from Purple Haze during the first hymn!:P

Oh yes!!!!!

36E

• RMweb Premium

The very irritating but surprisingly catchy 'Barbra Streisand' by Duck Sauce!

Still waiting for the new Cheryl Cole album to drop through the letterbox hopefully tomorrow, as with any long awaited new album from a favourite artist, there's always that excitement mixed with a bit of anxiety - "hope this one's not a complete clanger" lol :lol:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

ortofon kontrapunkt 'a' to "no idea at the moment". Gyrodeck, old Origin Live arm (their original non-rega arm - maybe it's called 'silver' ).

So I take it that the SME 3009 arm (Made in Shoreham?)and Shure V15/2 cartridge that I aspired to add to my Thorens TD150 in 1969, but could never afford, is now old hat? Shame.

• RMweb Premium

So I take it that the SME 3009 arm (Made in Shoreham?)and Shure V15/2 cartridge that I aspired to add to my Thorens TD150 in 1969, but could never afford, is now old hat? Shame.

Yes, and has been for some time, I'm afraid. When I bought a secondhand TD150 in 1980-ish the Rega RB100 was the business. SME still make very nice arms (in Steyning, but very close), but they're a bit too serious for me!

ĸen

• RMweb Gold

Yes, and has been for some time, I'm afraid. When I bought a secondhand TD150 in 1980-ish the Rega RB100 was the business. SME still make very nice arms (in Steyning, but very close), but they're a bit too serious for me!

I think the speakers that I bought in those days came from the same neck of the woods - Bowers & Wilkins DM1s, which arrived with Bruer & Kjael (?) traces to show the actual response of the units in question. I was terribly impressed! A mate bought a Revox A77, although "only" the 7.5 IPS version, and we thought that was the mutt's. Nearly 20 years later I finally bought a decent cassette deck - Nakamichi CR-3E - but really have never had decent hi-fi since that '60s set up, which had the original Cambridge Audio P40 amp.