Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Turns out that even though all the other Camel albums were priced at £6.99, they were actually £2.99, so:

R-1326590-1253128797.jpeg.jpg.27beaefb85108305d1363807ea08672d.jpg

R-619057-1157111372.jpeg.jpg.3eaa968b5bf4d41acbee092909e17a15.jpg

CAMEL_MOONMADNESS-639374.jpg.0f72241e05fc65add139cee7dd79f648.jpg

So that's the first four albums covered, which seem to be generally thought of at the best ones.

All remastered and doubled in size by extras.  And for once the Extras are well worth having, as the vast majority are previously unreleased live recordings.

Created a separate playlist of the live versions and made myself an excellent Live Album

• Like 3

I was going through the attic yesterday evening trying to throw stuff out, and reached the "Old LPs" strata, and found a wodge of my "youth".  Activities suspended as I had a listen...

image.png.2328939f779dd81238e7845edaffaf63.png

Its nearly 42 years old?  :scared:

:cry:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

Holst's The Planets, played by the BBC S.O. conducted by Sir Malcolm Sargent, on an old "Classics For Pleasure" LP disinterred from the attic.  Old fashioned yes, but still good to listen to!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Currently spinning a Mercury Olympian living Presence LP of Charles Ives "Three Places in New England" Eastman-Rochester Symphony Orchestra/Howard Hanson conducting (MG 50149). OMG, it is almost like being in the concert hall, the Living Presence recordings are some of the finest ever made. This one was recorded on 05may1957 and can hold its own against anything recorded today!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Currently spinning a Mercury Olympian living Presence LP of Charles Ives "Three Places in New England" Eastman-Rochester Symphony Orchestra/Howard Hanson conducting (MG 50149). OMG, it is almost like being in the concert hall, the Living Presence recordings are some of the finest ever made. This one was recorded on 05may1957 and can hold its own against anything recorded today!

Sounds wonderful.  CFP was the budget label for His Masters Voice, who relegated former front-line recordings as they were "superceded" by more fashionable new recordings. The recording was made in 1958 so its of the same era as your Charles Ives.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/09/2020 at 09:04, steve1 said:

One of the best live bands ever. Sadly now given up.

steve

Ah, memories, the mad, bad and dangerous tour ; John Otway , the Hamsters. Wilko Johnson and Norman Watroy. What a night in Leeds that was.

• Like 1

I've been quite entertained by YouTube videos of various amateurs and street performers playing covers and doing their own material.

There's some fantastic talent out there and at least it's real musicians doing it mostly for fun.

Here's one that was on my YouTube front page when I went there this evening.......

(from Santiago, Chile)

On 24/09/2020 at 09:08, Hroth said:

I was going through the attic yesterday evening trying to throw stuff out, and reached the "Old LPs" strata, and found a wodge of my "youth".  Activities suspended as I had a listen...

image.png.2328939f779dd81238e7845edaffaf63.png

Its nearly 42 years old?  :scared:

:cry:

Yes and The Fall are still the greatest band ever. My current favourite Fall song is I Feel Voxish from Perverted by Language, which I somehow only discovered a couple of weeks ago :o

• Agree 1

If you want street musicians, then try this bloke. He busks regularly in York and Chester. He has a side gig with New Model Army  too. :)

Whilst in York a couple of years ago I was wearing a NMA Tshirt and Ed played Vagabonds as a request. A very fine chap.

steve

Edited by steve1
Sense
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

Yes and The Fall are still the greatest band ever. My current favourite Fall song is I Feel Voxish from Perverted by Language, which I somehow only discovered a couple of weeks ago :o

Yes, a stone-cold classic. I  FEEL VOX CRISP!

• Agree 1

On 17/08/2020 at 23:44, 96701 said:

One of the more humorous offerings from Genesis.

Never dreamed I would ever see this played live.... but I did (eventually) ! Steve Hackett and his excellent band in Edinburgh last November. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1