Ladmanlow Sidings and other C&HPR locations

Alister_G

• RMweb Gold
On 08/07/2021 at 15:46, Rowsley17D said:

image.png.84f7ed4e0c85d96f7272fe1f42ff3da8.png

That looks far too neat and tidy for a lot of the farms around here. There are some who take a pride in their farms' appearance though.

No I agree, but it was just dumping some buildings on a convenient flattish bit of Ladmanlow. The original diorama for the barn and truck looked like this, which I'm sure you've seen before:

the-barn047.jpg.8991d31bc43a1db7c809ad0f19cbb7e8.jpg

the-barn039.jpg.3969bbaef269be8bae7328e462d13208.jpg

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
replaced images
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Alister_G said:

I thought I'd try placing the Land Rover in a rural setting for some photos...

ladmanlow1700.jpg.e0c54b54bf391cb81378913e84751488.jpg

ladmanlow1701.jpg.1ab0e9261dc4aa92f9a0e283f82a67e0.jpg

If it is a picture of restoration in progress, then either of the above two would work, rolled out so that you've got better light to work with.

If (and I mean if) you were to add anything else, perhaps the steering column, makes it easier to move it around if you can steer it.  However, it would be very delicate at that scale, so I'd be inclined not to add it.

Adrian

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Adrian,

I did actually add the steering relay box, and the steering rod connecting the two front wheels, after I'd taken the photos over the page, and I looked at adding the steering column, but couldn't see a way of securing it to scale, there just isn't a way to make it strong enough.

Al.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, figworthy said:

If it is a picture of restoration in progress, then either of the above two would work, rolled out so that you've got better light to work with.

If (and I mean if) you were to add anything else, perhaps the steering column, makes it easier to move it around if you can steer it.  However, it would be very delicate at that scale, so I'd be inclined not to add it.

Adrian

Now you've said that Al will be out measuring up the diameter of his Landy Steering Wheel, Ty Bars, Ball Joints, More Steering Rack Gaiters, and the pesky Jubilee clips.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Thanks Adrian,

I did actually add the steering relay box, and the steering rod connecting the two front wheels, after I'd taken the photos over the page, and I looked at adding the steering column, but couldn't see a way of securing it to scale, there just isn't a way to make it strong enough.

Al.

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Now you've said that Al will be out measuring up the diameter of his Landy Steering Wheel, Ty Bars, Ball Joints, More Steering Rack Gaiters, and the pesky Jubilee clips.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

SEE, he was posting the same time as me.:banghead::laugh:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

WATCH THIS SPACE.

I wasn't going to mention steering wheels. primarily because I don't think I've got any pictures of mine post rebuild.

Adrian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So I've been searching the T'interweb for inspiration for the shed to house my Land Rover.

I've decided it will be a combination of these two:

sheds001.jpg.778a86b3551dbdd91a626ab758156336.jpg

But with elements of my previous barn structure:

ladmanlow1701.jpg.86aa53ba360c1554ad2e1101db6a0bee.jpg

So that is more obviously Derbyshire based.

Rather than try to incorporate this within any existing Ladmanlow module, I will probably build a new one, which will essentially be a stand-alone diorama.

Well, that's the plan...

I'll make a start tomorrow.

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
replaced images
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 5

5 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

So I've been searching the T'interweb for inspiration for the shed to house my Land Rover.

I've decided it will be a combination of these two:

sheds001.jpg.74d8cf960eeb640e36c13c5b32d777b2.jpg

But with elements of my previous barn structure:

ladmanlow1701.jpg.a8e548858111c00fc0f508a9c6dfd7c2.jpg

So that is more obviously Derbyshire based.

Rather than try to incorporate this within any existing Ladmanlow module, I will probably build a new one, which will essentially be a stand-alone diorama.

Well, that's the plan...

I'll make a start tomorrow.

Al.

Name, WE need a NAME for this NEW project Al.

I have been resisting the temptation to build a 'grotty corner' diorama for my layout for ages.

I got part of my art Foundation marks from building a collapsing tin roofed wooden barn surrounded by half dismantled cars (it was a 3d element of the course.) I have included something like that or a twenties style garage on everything I have built.

Need to show some restraint, I have the garage and junk pile project on the go already.

It's a bit like buying a wagon kit.that you like on eBay, then realising that you already have three.

You know how it is....

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, MrWolf said:

I have been resisting the temptation to build a 'grotty corner' diorama for my layout for ages.

Oh go on... you know you want to...

Sorry, but it's your fault that I started doing sheddage...  :D

Al.

• Funny 4

It looks like the engine has been unbolted from the gearbox, which I think is what is just visible behind the engine, the clutch and flywheel removed and the engine dumped back in the engine bay. 

The four cylinder A55 mkII /A60 had a cutout below the headlights that took the grille extensions that surrounded the sidelights / indicators. I discounted the FWD Austin 1100/1300 as they don't have the peak atop the front wings.

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Need to show some restraint, I have the garage and junk pile project on the go already.

You know how it is....

tenor.gif

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Things haven't gone quite as planned today, as I realised I've run out of the Slaters random stone sheet that I wanted to use for the walls. So some more has been ordered and should be here tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have resurrected an old building that was partially built for the Cawdor layout, but never completed.

This will go to form a cluster of farm buildings, around a yard, which will complement each other and set the scene.

Peak District farms are commonly built like this:

courtyard.jpg.df58f17eeec4c9b688668d8077530019.jpg

The building I've completed today is an amalgam of the styles found, like these two:

field-barn001.jpg.b6f61ec911d7587a5581aa483dc1efd7.jpg

You will recognise the barn on the left from previous photos,

ladmanlow1705.jpg.826aeebdf2e15726b351f66062ecf216.jpg

but this is what I've done today:

ladmanlow1706.jpg.fc24cce4d3339b9d48078b3ec71a843b.jpg

I think they go well together:

ladmanlow1707.jpg.40e205a48c5133906bb4caf559a1e947.jpg

And hopefully the new cart shed which will house the Land Rover will match and complement these two.

Thanks for looking,

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
replaced images
  • Like 16
  • Round of applause 2