Mark 5, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, PeteB said:

It's a shame Accurascale didn't include an extra pair of magnetic couplings for the loco connection.  I have some on order, hopefully arriving today or tomorrow, which I hope will solve that problem.

It seems that they were to have an extra coupler. Unusually, I haven't seen any reply from the normally rapid response AS team regarding this.

Edited by newbryford
typo plus extra
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I’ve also had issues with the back to backs when running forward thought a standard Hornby set track point on the diverging line. Tried sorting the back to backs but the axel is so small it’s incredibly difficult to do without bending the axel. And it was almost impossible to move the wheel just a small amount. Easiest way i found was to take the axel cover off first then try move the wheel. Despite being as gentle as I could tho all the wheels I had to adjust have ended up a bit tight on the bogie when placed but in, but the set now runs thought the points without issue. Did loose one axel cover and one axel bearing in the process so I’ll have to see if I can get some spare ones from the support team!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I've put the box away in a safe place, now I want to fit a DCC decoder into the DT, so I thought best to check the manual first.  Rather than dig the box out again, I thought I would just download the manual from the Accurascale website.

I found the download link no problem, but when I click on it, I get an XML formatted "Access denied" message -- something for the Accurascale webmaster to fix, I think.

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>KDVHYC3WZRE3BY0W</RequestId>
<HostId>
9NNEUcJuWp6cQzh/vMYegNojhFMjcZLJJ8sVVn/STvlmNND/4JZAHrhZAjCaHnVh8Qx71EaAWsQ=
</HostId>
</Error>

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I've put the box away in a safe place, now I want to fit a DCC decoder into the DT, so I thought best to check the manual first.  Rather than dig the box out again, I thought I would just download the manual from the Accurascale website.

I found the download link no problem, but when I click on it, I get an XML formatted "Access denied" message -- something for the Accurascale webmaster to fix, I think.

Works fine for me, from this link:-

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/support#reamaze#0#/kb/mk5-coaches/instruction-manuals

image.png.11d1831d2865d52469f9ed6c93154a14.png

Edited by spamcan61

21 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Just playing with workmate's TPE set and it is derailing on Peco Code 75  points.

This may be why.

20230203_140102.jpg.01a40dbf8f6aab037ce31351a1ebcf82.jpg

Not run mine yet but suspect this may be a good investment considering how many locos and carriages etc I now have!

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, modelpara said:

Not run mine yet but suspect this may be a good investment considering how many locos and carriages etc I now have!

A back 2 back gauge is a better bet - and cheaper!

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback on this. We will take it up with the factory on the back to back and ensure they do better to get them better in the future. Apologies.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Do you have an answer regarding the missing coupling bars as per your post in July 2022?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Hi Fran,

Do you have an answer regarding the missing coupling bars as per your post in July 2022?

Hi everyone,

Just on this one, there was indeed supposed to be mag coupling included in the set for the loco. The factory isnt fully up and running yet post Chinese New Year, but in the meantime if you email us support@accurascale.co.uk with your order number for TPE and Caledonian Sleeper Mark 5s we will send you out a pack of the mag bar or Dellner couplings. 

Apologies for this, something we missed. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Just on this one, there was indeed supposed to be mag coupling included in the set for the loco. The factory isnt fully up and running yet post Chinese New Year, but in the meantime if you email us support@accurascale.co.uk with your order number for TPE Mark 5s we will send you out a pack of the mag bar couplings. 

Is this also true for the CS packs?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Just on this one, there was indeed supposed to be mag coupling included in the set for the loco. The factory isnt fully up and running yet post Chinese New Year, but in the meantime if you email us support@accurascale.co.uk with your order number for TPE Mark 5s we will send you out a pack of the mag bar couplings. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fair play to you guys for holding your hands up. It'll certainly get you a lot more custom (from me as a minimum) in the long run, safe in the knowledge that you always go the extra mile. For example, I've held off on a Bachmann 37 or two simply because I feel the customer service and interaction on here should be rewarded (alongside producing a brilliant model no doubt)

Selfishly - does this also apply for a sleeper order as well?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Sent the email shortly after this post was popped up, already had notification that there is an order on way of couplings for me!

Now THAT is service!

I have to say that the coaches are great and well worth waiting for - the colour match is really good with Dapol 68s and they look fantastic. The only issue I am having is that some of the wheels have wonky centre caps and a couple with excess glue on the wheel face (and a couple missing the centre caps), but the biggest thing is the flickering end lights in the DT. I've logged a ticket and I know Simon has been looking into it for the past couple of days, but the more I look on Facebook and Youtube I'm seeing that this seems to be a common issue. I'm sure there were reasons for not including the circuit on the capacitor for the internal lights, but its a shame this circuit didn't have one fitted too. Hopefully the Accurascale team have a solution! 

4 hours ago, adamvb said:

I have to say that the coaches are great and well worth waiting for - the colour match is really good with Dapol 68s and they look fantastic. The only issue I am having is that some of the wheels have wonky centre caps and a couple with excess glue on the wheel face (and a couple missing the centre caps), but the biggest thing is the flickering end lights in the DT. I've logged a ticket and I know Simon has been looking into it for the past couple of days, but the more I look on Facebook and Youtube I'm seeing that this seems to be a common issue. I'm sure there were reasons for not including the circuit on the capacitor for the internal lights, but its a shame this circuit didn't have one fitted too. Hopefully the Accurascale team have a solution! 

Hi @adamvb, just out of interest, is it the white end lights that are flickering when the DT is in reverse, or is it that the correct lights are on but are flickering in general?

The end lights on my DT work perfectly well when running forwards (i.e. push mode) but when running in reverse (i.e. pull mode), the red lights work fine, but the white end lights flicker and occasionally as does the destination board (which is mostly off when in reverse and on running forwards - I’m unsure if it is meant to be on in both directions). I have already emailed the Accurascale support team so hopefully there is a solution.

• RMweb Gold

No connection with the seller (other than buying stuff of him at shows) but along classic lines has a couple of the TPE sets for £275 buy it now on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165921367522?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xpHjnkAYR8S&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=TJORlFVXTTy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

its £50 more than RRP but there are other sets on auction from other sellers at £300+ already so might be worth a punt if you missed out 

Edited by big jim
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

if you are after a set at RRP do pop your email in the ‘notify me’ box on the pack you want as a couple hundred packs total will be listed early next week and we’ll send you email alerts the moment they do once you’re on the list. Hope that helps!

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, big jim said:

That’s good to know, I’m not in the market for a set but I wasn’t expecting you to say there would be so many available, was expecting a dozen or so max

We’re always conservative with cover and returns and people always don’t complete orders. there are currently a little more than 150 packs combined of 1 and 2 ‘available’ so no need to run to ebay just yet 👍 this is of course a very small % of the total number of sets in this run. (less than 2%!)

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1