Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

My 92032 arrived Sunday AM and today I opened it, poor driver working Sunday in the rain!

Programmed to DCC ID 92 obviously, refitted the front coupling loose in the box, released the pantos and it was off! (dunno how I actually released them but it worked by sliding a tiny bit of metal at the elbow end)

The sound is great, but I need to learn how to drive it, listen to the sounds to know when it's ready to move off and to judge stopping distances, even with F5 it doesn't slow that much!

Mastering the F17 & F8 panto controls will take a while, yes F8 keeps the pantos down but F17 does, err something with the pantos, they go up & down / swap ends etc.

It's weight overloaded a pair of points & cut power somehow, tracks fixed. Also started with a clicking noise on the wheels but it cleared once hauling a rake at speed. It is now in charge of my AS rake of 12 GBRf HYAs .

Impressive loco best viewed with a magnifying class!

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Also started with a clicking noise on the wheels but it cleared once hauling a rake at speed.

That happened with my Gordon Highlander deltic. I think it must be some factory gunge stuck to the wheel making a bit of a flat spot, that comes off with a bit of a run. 

Amused to see that on the order status page for my Accurascale account, it shows the order for my 92 010 (Caledonian Sleeper) has been partially dispatched!

So do I expect perhaps just the bogies, or maybe a coupling, to arrive? 🤣🤣

(it is a separate order to my GBRf one I have received, which is shown fully dispatched)

But seven years on from my first attempts to order a class 92, I don't mind waiting a little longer for my second one.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

Read all about both here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/remaining-class-92-and-mark-5-delivery-update

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for the Update. Looking forward to 92010 and the Caledonian Mark 5s when they come. Be a good thing to come back to after New Year away and Holiday time from work.

This evening on the Preston model club layout "Euxton Junction" I got to see one of these 92's first hand actually running with it's pans up under the wires.

The pantograph is an absolute work of art like the rest of the loco but is very much let down by the lack of movement of the pantograph head that prevents the head from sitting flat against the wire. See photo's below.

For comparison behind the 92 is a Bachmann 90 with it's pan also up against the wire and the head is sitting flat and stays doing so through it's entire range of height. 

I'm not personally in the market for a 92 but I do have the Class 89 on order and was hoping that the Accurascale offering of the BW Pan would trump the Bachmann offering and it dose by miles but is let down by this seemingly fix position head.

Also a metal head rather than a plastic would have been a better idea.

Could these issues possibly be addressed before the arrival of the Class 89 please.

Cl92 Pan 1.jpg

Cl 92 Pan 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

I’m just in awe of the photos, can’t wait for my 5 to arrive, according to the website mine haven’t been dispatched but I’m praying for a dispatch email saying 4 of them are on the way! So they can make it before Christmas!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CoBoLoco said:

It'll be lonely this Christmas,

Without Mark 5 to hold,

It'll be cold, cold, cold,

Without Dyson to hold, 

This Christmas, 

DOO doo doo doooo

Well if you really want a Dyson to hold this Christmas....... 

Screenshot_20221220-084244.png.f8d57588270bc73eee9f5bfb26434e9d.png

Careful what you say around the Mrs.....or the song could go... 

'You'll be cleaning all Christmas, 

With your Dyson to hand'..... 

• Funny 3

Perhaps one may be arriving today...... 

Allegedly if you acquire a Class 92 (Dyson) and Class 50 (Hoover) you become a member of the Accurascale 'Super Suckers' Club, standard membership.  2 of each type Bronze, 3 of each type Silver, 4 of each Type Gold, 5 or More of each Platinum (complete with legal aid in case of marital issues, and a years membership to OCD Cleaning) 

• Funny 6

9 hours ago, Carl BR said:

Cl92 Pan 1.jpg

Cl 92 Pan 2.jpg

Really nice photos and layout. 

From my earlier posts with Adb968008 querying the pan head width based on his photos.  Your photos illustrate my thoughts on the pan head being a little large, with regards the width.....perhaps if its plastic, its a little thicker too, to make the component more durable, which possibly makes a metal one slightly more desirable and an improvement for future runs. 

When I first saw the 92, perhaps being silver just drawed my eye straight to it, and initial thought on being too large, then it screamed Hornby 90/91 pan head (maybe reminded of their versions due to the silver colour? ) . Perhaps a little unfair based on the work Accurascale have done on it, but that was my first impression.  Then I had to look elsewhere for the beauty and to admire the model.  It is a lovely model, and pretty much perfection and real credit to A/S but I still have my niggling very small reservations on the pan head width and coarseness.

It may in fairness to Accurascale be 100% perfect, and it just be my 'warped' perception!

• Agree 1

On 17/12/2022 at 13:28, Brian Hawkins said:

Having read most of this thread on the wonderful class 92 i'm not surprised how every one who has aquired  one so far are delighted with this model, however, i am not, the illuminated cab desk is amazing but on closer inspection this morning i noticed that the needle on the speedometor  dosn't actually move, has anybody else have this defect ? Or has mine a fault ?

Hi Brian,

Didn't your model come with a working minature display like this?

263212838_MiniWorkingLCDdisplay.JPG.3eebb7e43c58592729463e9a74755c50.JPG

@Accurascale Fran. As you guys are leading the industry with exceptional levels of realism, you might be interested in this video, for either cab desk, destination board displays or platform accessories.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, scumcat said:

Can’t say that I’m not disappointed, but as someone told me on here after the deliveries started it’s only toy trains. I have communicated with AS that if it’s not posted around the 22nd i will not be available to accept delivery. So no Christmas goodies for me😢

Hi @scumcat,

I've checked with my colleagues and they cant seem to find an email with this request. Would you mind sending me your order number via private message so I can ensure this is actioned for you?

Cheers!

Fran 

1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

Hi Brian,

Didn't your model come with a working minature display like this?

263212838_MiniWorkingLCDdisplay.JPG.3eebb7e43c58592729463e9a74755c50.JPG

@Accurascale Fran. As you guys are leading the industry with exceptional levels of realism, you might be interested in this video, for either cab desk, destination board displays or platform accessories.

Looks very good for the future. 

Apararantly thats why the Mk5s are delayed.  Fran has cancelled his Christmas plans and is fitting them to the ends of each Mk5..... That's dedication.... 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Looks very good for the future. 

Apararantly thats why the Mk5s are delayed.  Fran has cancelled his Christmas plans and is fitting them to the ends of each Mk5..... That's dedication.... 

Upside down, of course.

36 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

apparently theres a squadron of pigs buzzing Accurascale tower as we speak,did you send them??

Hi,

I'm hoping that the only 'pigs' in the vicinity of Accurascale Towers are of the plastic variety, in 4-4-2 formation, maybe in their R&D lab ? 🤓

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

image.png.a2c0ce399da7d21864a0f1668a0a0bad.png

Well well well... look who showed up this morning...

First Accurascale locomotive... must say I'm mighty impressed!

+ The finish on 92001 was much better than the fuzziness on the painted samples
+ Love the packaging
+ Smooth runner on DC
+ Detail is just nuts on this thing

Few negatives
- Seems like a few things broke in transit. Front NEM coupling (easily fixed back on, must've knocked loose). But one of the pantograph heads was a loose fit, so I'll have to get the ol' glue out
- Visible boards through the grills
- Would've personally preferred the polo-mints flat. I could probably 3D print my own.

Overall... very impressed :) Will have to DCC up later with accurathrash and legomanbiffa. Won't be making the same mistake for the class 37 xD

Edited by Delta_Who

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Carl BR said:

The pantograph is an absolute work of art like the rest of the loco but is very much let down by the lack of movement of the pantograph head that prevents the head from sitting flat against the wire.

I've found that it's posable or rotatable to a degree so you can get the alignment with the knitting or sitting flat whilst down but the translation from one position to another is a manual task.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I could have sworn theses were in 7mm!

Very impressed with it no loose parts just a slight droop on one horn to sort out.

Loved all the paperwork that came with it too.

I had it moving and grooving on a length of flexi track and it sounded great.

Just need to sort out something for it to run on.

Paul

20221219_191357_copy_2000x1500.jpg

Edited by birdseyecircus
Spelling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Delta_Who said:

- Seems like a few things broke in transit. Front NEM coupling (easily fixed back on, must've knocked loose). But one of the pantograph heads was a loose fit, so I'll have to get the ol' glue out

The head is a push-fit / clip on part, so no need for the glue, the NEM assembly likewise, it's designed to be easily removable and can be glued in to place if you prefer / don't want all the front buffer detail, hope that helps!

• Informative/Useful 1