Class 92, By Accurascale

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for pointing out our error on that pricing. It has now been amended to match Kernow.

Cheers!

Fran 

You may have been selling them off cheap, like another manufacturer has with their Collectors Club editions.  You wouldn't have had to take the certificates out cause the original benefactor of 92017 didn't do them!

Actually, its a shame after your recent models that your designer hadn't been allowed to do something 'sexy' with the box with it being Stobart.  Not his fault, but it must have been an easy day in the office, but soooooo hard for him to knock something up that resembles a black and white tv screen, when he's used to technicolor!   Thinking laterally, the St.Piran theme could have been utilised, with photos in the other three rectangles of the flag. 

Definitely one, where beauty lies within! More points for the promotion, please....... 😇

• Friendly/supportive 1

Yes, but now McC knows that Fran has cost him a few euros in lost revenue.  Thats Frans cake bites gone for all shows including Warley this year.  Your officially on Frans s+++list now, just like me!  Welcome to the unofficial 'Accurascale Club'! 

Just don't tell anyone about the Limited Edition Deltic in Irish Black and Orange we are getting done! Sssshhhhhh! 

• Funny 5

43 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Just don't tell anyone about the Limited Edition Deltic in Irish Black and Orange we are getting done! Sssshhhhhh! 

Ohhh that was Irish Black and Orange, I thought it was a Loadhaul Delitc…

• Funny 2

52 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I've been on the lookout for that for years, even since it was first 'announced' one April a few year's ago.

I'd still go for it, what a great novelty loco, what's not to like? Class 37 and CIE Black & Tan livery.

• RMweb Gold

Its not load haul, but it is black….

2E80B0AC-8C59-4509-AB6D-2ED5455D2D94.jpeg.8cbe073d5d9a8977b3ef945333bf2463.jpeg

picked-this up in a waste bin.. no kidding.

Was thinking to put a Bachmann chassis under it (no offence but A/S ones are a bit rare £ right now).

Need to come up with a number for it.

Was wondering whether to give it Deltic stripes on the nose, or discs.

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Can confirm we have a nice supply, but sound fitted is beginning to run low, so we would recommend not hanging around if you want a loud Dyson with a louder livery!

Cheers!

Fran 

Mines just arrived. What a fantastic Loco. Well done on the loudest livery yet 😂😂

6 hours ago, XChris said:

It was only £10 cheaper but when I put my points on as well it became even more of a bargain! 

On the talk of points, I’ve just saved Accurascale from lost income surely that deserves points too… 😉😉

On the subject of point on the purchase, mine pinged up you have 0 points awarded for this purchase !😂😂

is that because its a Kernow Model. Well done either way Fran. 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Its not load haul, but it is black….

2E80B0AC-8C59-4509-AB6D-2ED5455D2D94.jpeg.8cbe073d5d9a8977b3ef945333bf2463.jpeg

picked-this up in a waste bin.. no kidding.

Was thinking to put a Bachmann chassis under it (no offence but A/S ones are a bit rare £ right now).

Need to come up with a number for it.

Was wondering whether to give it Deltic stripes on the nose, or discs.

Looks like an 'OO' gauge Fell to me..... 

• Funny 2

56 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

On the subject of point on the purchase, mine pinged up you have 0 points awarded for this purchase !😂😂

Its probably a carcastic omen, zero points refers to the fact that there is no point commissioning a model if your not gonna sell it.... 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

For clarity the rewards system gives you points for every single pound you spend. it doesn’t care what you spend then on or what other discounts are stacked up with it :) in the rewards widget you can click the ‘click’ history icon and see a full log of what you have earned and spent points on. Hope that helps!

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Torbay Express said:

Where are mine for the additional sales revenue from the sales generated from my earlier post? 

By the looks of it I have single handily sold more than Kernow! 

Joking aside, the rewards app does have a referral link - use it and you will get rewards if someone buys :) 

• Round of applause 1

First mentioned in the MK5 thread alongside issues with the lights on those, but just thought I should ask in this thread instead.

My 92 has been away with Accurascale the past month after it developed the random speeding up/slowing down issue which has turned out to be a faulty motor and poor solder joint which needed rectification. Its now come back and aside from pipe detail that has been caught in reassembly and bent up between the chassis and body, and a new click from the bogie when running slowly which I'm hoping will go away with some running in, the power bank of capacitors is now not working (and was before it went away) - has anyone else had this and managed to solve it? I can see there are various comments in the thread about power supplies to the layout being the issue, but I've tested on a PiSprog 3 controlled layout and on my programming setup with a USB Sprog 2 and its not working on either. Appreciate any suggestions before I have to send it back to Accurascale for a second month away!

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Where are mine for the additional sales revenue from the sales generated from my earlier post? 

By the looks of it I have single handily sold more than Kernow! 

10 hours ago, McC said:

Joking aside, the rewards app does have a referral link - use it and you will get rewards if someone buys :) 

10 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Yeah, you look after us.

Earlier today I was sitting listening to a live discussion from Ukraine with one of the foreign legions and awareness / fundraisers and it paraphrased very similar to this….

(Though it quite definitely did not involve sending Pasties to a warzone).

Edited by adb968008

11 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Earlier today I was sitting listening to a live discussion from Ukraine with one of the foreign legions and awareness / fundraisers and it paraphrased very similar to this….

(Though it quite definitely did not involve sending Pasties to a warzone).

I don't know, how the industry is going with some companies getting upset with duplication, Warley may become a Warzone.......

Thing is no-one has a divine 'right' to anything.  In fairness with the HAA and CDA Accurascale kept away from some of the most popular liveries, to give a competor an easier ride, which was commendable.  I'm not sure with the actions of some competitors in recent times, such altruistic behaviour in the future can be justified. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 05/02/2023 at 12:27, Torbay Express said:

I don't know, how the industry is going with some companies getting upset with duplication, Warley may become a Warzone.......

Thing is no-one has a divine 'right' to anything.  In fairness with the HAA and CDA Accurascale kept away from some of the most popular liveries, to give a competor an easier ride, which was commendable.  I'm not sure with the actions of some competitors in recent times, such altruistic behaviour in the future can be justified. 

Hi @Torbay Express,

We did it for the retailers who commissioned the project to play fair (as they were our retailer too and did not know about our model), but it is certainly something we won't be repeating going forward. As you say, such behaviour really cannot be justified. 

I think it's safe to say we will see more duplication going forwards, but ultimately the modeller wins out there. Anyway, possibly another subject for another thread. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

16 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Torbay Express,

We did it for the retailers who commissioned the project to play fair (as they were our retailer too and did not know about our model), but it is certainly something we won't be repeating going forward. As you say, such behaviour really cannot be justified. 

I think it's safe to say we will see more duplication going forwards, but ultimately the modeller wins out there. Anyway, possibly another subject for another thread. 

Cheers!

Fran 

It was a very nice gesture, which got repaid by one company stating on their website that theirs would be far better.  Not how I would have repaid such decency, and a manufacturer with such exacting standards. 

TBH, as you have become a mainstream manufacturer then I think its actually the case that there are certain items that you need in your portfolio, to compliment your existing and future product.  For Diesel and Electric Era, the two whalloping gaps. 

Plus for the smaller layout, something to shunt them, although apart from no lights and it's cost, the Margate one is very good. The real opportunity with that is...... (but not saying it on here, because walls have ears....)

But like you say, another time, another thread!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

It was a very nice gesture, which got repaid by one company stating on their website that theirs would be far better.  Not how I would have repaid such decency, and a manufacturer with such exacting standards. 

TBH, as you have become a mainstream manufacturer then I think its actually the case that there are certain items that you need in your portfolio, to compliment your existing and future product.  For Diesel and Electric Era, the two whalloping gaps. 

Plus for the smaller layout, something to shunt them, although apart from no lights and it's cost, the Margate one is very good. The real opportunity with that is...... (but not saying it on here, because walls have ears....)

But like you say, another time, another thread!

Hi @Torbay Express,

Completely agreed on requiring certain items in our range. It is the approach we take to any new model we consider and as we have shown in recent times, we like to build trains and ranges (like 92s and Mark 5s, 50s and Mark 2Bs, as well as Powering Britain etc) as we go. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BR Blue said:

Not forgetting 50s and 2Cs, eg TSO(T)  😀

I'd suggest Mk2d BFKs are a bit of a gap as well. Obviously we've had the excellent for their time Mainline/Airfix/Dapol latterly Hornby tooling for the BSO/TSO/FO but never the BFKs and those are very visible in formations whether ECML or latterly Inter-regional services and would tie in with Deltics too ... hint hint ... ;)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

A manufacturers brawl thread, with each rep slugging it out at each other would be quite entertaining.

The one with the most likes wins.

😁

in an old company I worked for, they arranged a charity boxing match between competitors sales reps, that got exciting, most of our guys were cheering on the rival to give our man a battering, they want to join in and help.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I think a drinking competition would be the fairest way to settle disputes. Whoever passes out first loses the argument. I know who I’d put my money on to win! 😉

Edited by 97406
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Torbay Express,

Completely agreed on requiring certain items in our range. It is the approach we take to any new model we consider and as we have shown in recent times, we like to build trains and ranges (like 92s and Mark 5s, 50s and Mark 2Bs, as well as Powering Britain etc) as we go. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Not for the faint hearted.... 66,47,08-13.  Plus unfortunately them 92 bogies would go well under a 60.

And with the tech from the electrics, painting abiliy on the TPE MK5, Opens up the Class 88. 

One large gap on the wagon front is you not having an intermodal wagon.  That would put some of your Irish Containers to good use, if Irish is OO (pardon my ignorance).  It would also make for a good Accuraload too!  Yummy Bell containers.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Torbay Express said:

Yummy Bell containers.....

C-Rail have done lots of different Bell containers. Bachmann have also done them with their FFA/FGAs and I think Hornby might have done some too.