Class 92, By Accurascale

4 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I really don't see the point of that approach - each variation in a production run adds to the cost, and the manufcturer's saving of a motor doesn't seem to be big enough to jusitfy a lower retail price.  When the ETHELs were modelled, the retail price was the same as a working class 25.  If you want one without a motor, just buy a loco that works and remove its motor - and you might be able to recoup a few quid by flogging the motor on ebay.

I should really of put a smiley face to indicate I wasn’t being serious about a motor-less option, although a motor-less and bogie-less model to portray the Worksop ones would be interesting! lol 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

I should really of put a smiley face to indicate I wasn’t being serious about a motor-less option, although a motor-less and bogie-less model to portray the Worksop ones would be interesting! lol 

I’d use a Lima one to put on Bricks… its the same age as the real one and its not going to get used again either.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...

Having purchased 92003 from Accurascale when released and really enjoying running the loco I decided to treat myself to 92001

First time the Decoders were not available direct so I fitted a normal 21 pin decoder - and 92003 works fine.

I don't have control of the pantographs but I have a Southern layout so its not a problem.

For 92001 I ordered a Class 92 Lokpilot Decoder which came today - (only ordered yesterday - Great Service ) but I'm having problems.

I had a Bachmann Dynamis DCC Controller which is great for programming locos but the layout runs with a Lenz LH90 (2 of) and that is a problem.

The LH90 only has 12 functions so I cannot turn off the tail lamps (F20) -

So I turned it off using the Bachmann Controller but after the power is disconnected it forgets and the tail lamps come back on.

And the loco has quite a lot of inertia - I saw a problem ahead of the train so I pushed the stop button and all the trains except 92001 stop but it keeps going. !!!

So -

[1] How to I get the tail lamps to stay Off.

[2] how do I turn the inertia Off

I know a solution is to remove the Class 92 Lokpilot Decoder and fit a Bog Standard version

Thanks

Peter

Sorry if these questions have been asked.

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

So -

[1] How to I get the tail lamps to stay Off.

[2] how do I turn the inertia Off

Don't get rid of the Lokpilot, they're great decoders. You need to remap the functions to be accessible to you. Do you have a DCC system you can connect to a computer? If you do then Decoder Pro makes that fairly easy. If you don't then you can do it the old fashioned way by reprogramming CVs. If you go here you can download the full manual for the Lokpilot 5:  https://www.esu.eu/download/betriebsanleitungen/digitaldecoder/

On page 57 is the start of the instructions for changing the relevant CVs. Basically you need to go across the mapping rows and and program each CV as required. You program some of the CVs with the conditions (F0 on for example), and some of the CVs with the outputs (Aux 1 on etc.). It looks daunting but is fairly simple once you've wrapped your head around it. 

For the inertia you need to alter the CVs for acceleration and deceleration. I also found these to be set ridiculously high by default and set both to 30, but you can set them to 0 if you want. These are CVs 3 and 4 respectively. On page 46 of the manual. 

• Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Don't get rid of the Lokpilot, they're great decoders. You need to remap the functions to be accessible to you. Do you have a DCC system you can connect to a computer? If you do then Decoder Pro makes that fairly easy. If you don't then you can do it the old fashioned way by reprogramming CVs. If you go here you can download the full manual for the Lokpilot 5:  https://www.esu.eu/download/betriebsanleitungen/digitaldecoder/

On page 57 is the start of the instructions for changing the relevant CVs. Basically you need to go across the mapping rows and and program each CV as required. You program some of the CVs with the conditions (F0 on for example), and some of the CVs with the outputs (Aux 1 on etc.). It looks daunting but is fairly simple once you've wrapped your head around it. 

For the inertia you need to alter the CVs for acceleration and deceleration. I also found these to be set ridiculously high by default and set both to 30, but you can set them to 0 if you want. These are CVs 3 and 4 respectively. On page 46 of the manual. 

Sorry but reprogramming a Decoder using my computer is outside my capabilities.

The Decoder I put in to my first Class 92 was also a Lokpilot but just the normal version.

And that works fine so I will purchase another version

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Seeing that weathering made me nosey..

Interestingly Bart is also now available via Rails…

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-acc2194-92017-class-92-017-bart-the-engine-stobart-rail-electric-locomotive

of the other sold out ones..

Rails does still have GBRF 92020 in stock, as well as 92023 Ravel

Kernows have EWS 92001 and 92020

amazingly Rainbow still has 92032 GBRF and 92003 plain rft both with sound !

Accurascales still got 20 of 92010 in CS left, its a limited edition of 500 with certificate, i’m surprised this hasn't been much more popular, as its the only one thats correct in CS for the mk5’s and suitable to renumber to some of the others.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

I suspect the stock left on the shelves for this long after will mean the second run may well slip a bit down the priority list slightly, though it could just be more stock after accounting for a lower than expected return rate. That being said they haven't sold badly by any means just not a repeat of the deltics. Does seem odd that Rails now have a Kernow exclusive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Seeing that weathering made me nosey..

Interestingly Bart is also now available via Rails…

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-acc2194-92017-class-92-017-bart-the-engine-stobart-rail-electric-locomotive

of the other sold out ones..

Rails does still have GBRF 92020 in stock, as well as 92023 Ravel

Kernows have EWS 92001 and 92020

amazingly Rainbow still has 92032 GBRF and 92003 plain rft both with sound !

Accurascales still got 20 of 92010 in CS left, its a limited edition of 500 with certificate, i’m surprised this hasn't been much more popular, as its the only one thats correct in CS for the mk5’s and suitable to renumber to some of the others.

Renumber you say? Haha. I even removed the lifting points as per the prototype. 

IMG_0350.jpeg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, adb968008 said:

They currently have 27 92010 left. There are quite a lot of photos and videos online where people run their 92038 with CS Mk5 stock. I suppose they either aren't aware or don't mind the slight inaccuracy in doing that.

As for Bart, it's gone from a Kernow exclusive to a Kernow and Accurascale exclusive to a Kernow and Accurascale and Rails exclusive :p

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

They currently have 27 92010 left. There are quite a lot of photos and videos online where people run their 92038 with CS Mk5 stock. I suppose they either aren't aware or don't mind the slight inaccuracy in doing that.

As for Bart, it's gone from a Kernow exclusive to a Kernow and Accurascale exclusive to a Kernow and Accurascale and Rails exclusive :p

Bart has not run for years or i guess it would be more popular.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

I am one of those who run 92038 with my Mk5s. I didn’t know about the difference to begin with, but now I do know I don’t really mind. I like the Chunnel rings. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, toby_tl10 said:

When did 038 have its Chunnel rings removed?

I was pondering getting it (funds permitting... which appear an increasingly distant hope) as the rings look good.

I thought the reason they were left through previous ownership was that they were difficult to remove.

1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

When did 038 have its Chunnel rings removed?

I was pondering getting it (funds permitting... which appear an increasingly distant hope) as the rings look good.

I thought the reason they were left through previous ownership was that they were difficult to remove.

Does the model have the Crewe IEMD Eagles on as well? It wore both from respray in 2016 until June 2017 but of course didn’t have Dellners at that stage either. Oh my OCD when I see modellers running it with Mk5s 🤣🤣🤣

It returned to traffic without the rings or plaques, with Dellners fitted, in early 2018 I think, it was the first to be fitted, and was involved in the early testing of the stock. 

Edited by cairnsroadworks

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Bart has not run for years or i guess it would be more popular.

Its still around..

Crewe EMD 92017

(december 2022/ flickr url, not mine)

came out October 2009 but its not run since before the Olympics… March 2012.. 2.5 years.

That said 92009 hasnt run since August 2012, and shares popularity with 92042 in the same DB livery in the range, and looks close to be selling out.

of the others in the range .. 92001/3/22 are overseas

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/12/2022 at 07:39, adb968008 said:

92038 worked with mk3’s however, alongside. 86401/86101/87002 and a variety of class 90’s.

The 92’s on mk3’s is quite a variety to the mk5’s and there was a handover period where one set was mk5 and another mk3.

Flickr suggests a starting date of 19th March 2015

and with the above, an end date of 22nd June 2017 for this livery variant.

92032 in GBRF with roundels is a popular one too, but this one also is no longer current… renumbering it to 92028 and adding Dellners would bring you current.

92032 emerged unnamed 21st March 2011 from Loughborough

it was named at York Railfest on 7th June 2012

It went from Crewe to Loughborough 6th August 2019

and repainted to the latest gbrf livery returning from Loughborough 9th December 2019.

its operated with mk3 sleepers many times, but with mk5’s its only assisted (double headed) a CS92, and in the new livery.

For “todays” CS its 92010 and 92020.

92020 has its own story, it was withdrawn in April 2001 and didnt return to service until 17th December 2018… it was released from loughborough coupled to 92010 in CS livery.

92010 arrived from Loughborough in CS livery on 11th June 2015, it ran with mk3’s until it went back to Loughborough on 11th August 2018 (hauled by 50008). It was released with Dellners with 92020 above on 17th December 2018.

whilst I’m at it…

DB..

92009 first spotted in DB livery on 25th May 2011 unnamed. 
it was named 17th August 2011.

92009 was stored at Crewe in August 2012 ever since.

92015 was unveiled Jan 18th 2017 in Yiwu livery and only runs on HS1 on its own power. (Rails model).

92017 in Stobart livery since 27 th October 2009, stored March 2012. (kernow model)

92042 first spotted Toton 11th June 2011 in DB livery.

I cannot find any pictures of 92042 off HS1 under its own power since 11th March 2016 on flickr.

A recent as November 2022 it was dragged up the wcml to Crewe and back to HS1

EWS

92036.. Still active in November 2022 on HS1 in its rather long lived livery. Theres no pictures after April 2016 under its own power off HS1.

I think that covers all the current active liveries.

All flickr research.

Reposting the above dates of liveries / operations…

to bring upto date:

92009 (and 029) is being returned to service, and some HS1 based DB 92’s (92011/15) have been reactivated for use on Network Rail in Jan 2023.

92015 dragged upto Crewe on Feb 18th 2023, back on Network Rail alone Feb 19th.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Reposting the above dates of liveries / operations…

to bring upto date:

92009 (and 029) is being returned to service, and some HS1 based DB 92’s (92011) have been reactivated for use on Network Rail in March 2023.

92015 dragged upto Crewe on Feb 18th 2023 (no further reports)

Nice one. I looked at renumbering 92032 but of course 92028 and 92043 have lost the tunnel rings and the red element of the old GB livery (they’re just blue). The model is different in the fact that is has the old school lights not the modern LEDs that 28 and all the other sleeper modified locos have. And Dellners, which involves a slight mod to the bufferbeams too, which I hadn’t noticed till looking at them closely. 

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Its still around..

Crewe EMD 92017

(december 2022/ flickr url, not mine)

came out October 2009 but its not run since before the Olympics… March 2012.. 2.5 years.

That said 92009 hasnt run since August 2012, and shares popularity with 92042 in the same DB livery in the range, and looks close to be selling out.

of the others in the range .. 92001/3/22 are overseas

Scandalous waste of technology / money .

I hesitate to ask but did us tax payers buy these originally ?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, rob D2 said:

They were built for BR and SNCF, so yes we did. They then got sold with the privatisation of BR, so the government did get paid back for them, although probably nowhere near the purchase price. 

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Outside as well rotting away.......i would think the weather on 25kv equipment does nothing for it either,we have these and dont use them and commission new electric traction,nothing adds up these days.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Agree 1