Bachmann 009 Quarry Hunslet

Phil Parker

• RMweb Gold

Well, I had a loco delivered today by 24-hour Tracked, which was dispatched last Monday (12th) so a week late. I guess your chances depend on when it was sent, and where from. The delays aren't even: the majority of the delay was between being dispatched and being scanned at the sender's end; a delay of just over a day going from the south-east to the north-east, but passed to the local delivery office and delivered with no further delay at all.

also received today a parcel dispatched on the 6th December using Royal Mail 48, and a Christmas card posted 2nd class on the same day. Unfortunately, the card wasn't for me, but for somebody in Chesterfield — and I live in Gateshead. The house number and the first word of the street address were the same, but nothing else. I'l put it in the post again as soon as I can but it obviously won't get there for Christmas 🎅 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Markn said:

Even special delivery doesn't seem to be safe at the moment. I had a sound fitted Charles and a Nesta posted to me yesterday morning and they are still sat in the senders post office.

Similar story for me a few weeks ago at the end of November it took a week for a special delivery item to arrive. Yet last week a signed for 2nd class parcel was delivered after 2 days! Both from London to near Brighton so very unpredictable at the moment.

• RMweb Gold
On 19/12/2022 at 17:00, CotBob said:

I am most sorry for having done that to you ,no inner pain was intended with my post ;-)

But looking at the positives, Bachmann have undoubtedly introduced more people to narrow gauge modelling, especially to North Wales prototypes!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, didcot said:

My Alice is on its way. Hoping RM deliver it before they strike. 

My two, Nesta and Dorothea, are on their way too, hopefully.  If Rails use the same method with them as Charles it will be DPD next day.  Now to work out which one to chip and which will have to wait more money and more stock in places.

My Britomart did about 6 to 10 hours on the Christmas tree special (next year I will do a mini layout) and she started stuttering and stopping. Upon close inspection the pickups were no longer in contact with the wheels. Easy to adjust and she was fine again.

Britomart09.jpg

Britomart10.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

But looking at the positives, Bachmann have undoubtedly introduced more people to narrow gauge modelling, especially to North Wales prototypes!

A clever move by Bachmann. Same scale as 00, so no need to start again or have a separate layout. Ahem. I have an oval of Kato N gauge track to run them on until such time as I add 009 track to the loft layout.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, didcot said:

Alice, Alice, Where's my Bachmann Alice! 

Out for delivery. 🤞

Sounds almost Shakespearian : oh Alice, Alice wherefore art thou Alice

If the delivery person gets the address wrong, you could end up living next door to her... (hat, coat, gone).

BTW There has been a video posted on a facebook group with the Bachmann Britomart running on a small layout within the box (carried in front of the cab) of the real Britomart -->  009 Railway Modellers | Facebook

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, didcot said:

Alice, Alice, Where's my Bachmann Alice! 

Out for delivery. 🤞

9 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Sounds almost Shakespearian : oh Alice, Alice wherefore art thou Alice

11 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

you could end up living next door to her... (hat, coat, gone).

or if it’s Evri delivering it the Gompie version of the song! 

• Funny 1

I used the Bachmann chip for both Alice and Britomart.

Start voltage 002. From memory the default is one. I had Britomart first and spent ages looking for a mechanical issue. It' would move a quarter turn and just stop. Changed 002 to something like 50 or there abouts and it took off like a Smokey Joe. I have set it around 20. That solved the issue. Alice was the same. I'm still tweaking 003 & 004 on both and I suspect 002 once run in.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

69067B18-5E40-44D6-BDFF-6A7F372A02D7.jpeg.942955e709a0d19b9d758eaaa4bb231e.jpeg

E94C9296-EA2A-4895-815D-26F1FD36E1DA.jpeg.3f5535f8782d081a5e6496c54d930dab.jpeg

Hopefully the quartering is right on these two as Blanche is still being fixed by Bachmann. 

Fingers crossed, I am still waiting on Rails shipping my pair Dorothea and Nesta in spite of them taking the money yesterday.  Those two do look marvellous together.

Just now, CotBob said:

Fingers crossed, I am still waiting on Rails shipping my pair Dorothea and Nesta in spite of them taking the money yesterday.  Those two do look marvellous together.

Same, I presume it will be down to the postal strikes. In honesty, if they wait until after the weekend that would be no issue with me.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Same, I presume it will be down to the postal strikes. In honesty, if they wait until after the weekend that would be no issue with me.

They sent Charles by DPD, so maybe there is a chance that will happen again.  I guess there are potentially three times as many orders to fulfil just in 009 compared to when he was sent so it may take a bit longer to process.

2 hours ago, Quarryscapes said:

Alice, Nesta and Dorothea just ordered from Derails. Once I've figured this cab removal lark out I feel there will be some hybrids on the way! 

I’m planning on amending my Britomart into Maid Marian. 

Nesta arrived today along with Charles. Nesta is absolutely stunning with the open cab. Very similar to Britomart internally, with a well designed quality mechanism and lots of dicast. Also easy to dcc fit.

No idea why some of these are upside down and can't seem to amend.

20221221_204714.jpg

20221221_204622.jpg

20221221_210912.jpg

Edited by Markn
  • Like 4