Mozzer's new work bench 4mm That Welsh Brake Van building A AA/24

well in under 1 & a half hours i have this aftermoon built up the Jidenco Models kit of a GWR Dia DD1 Drinking Water Wagon

post-6686-0-50295900-1300985283_thumb.jpg

post-6686-0-28065400-1300985278_thumb.jpg

well this went togetter nice & quick after punching out the rivits on the body i folded the 4 side up off the floor to form a open box then solded up the corners

post-6686-0-11190200-1300985256_thumb.jpg

I then foled uo the solebars which needed 2 folds to make a channel

post-6686-0-10082800-1300985287_thumb.jpg

then these & the rest of the parts are attached to the floor followed by the roof last is to fit the cact w iorns, brass & cast hatch

post-6686-0-08528300-1300985296_thumb.jpg

post-6686-0-56984500-1300985316_thumb.jpg

And all done in under 1 & 1/2 hours

A much quicker build than my Cambrian Brake!Looks good but I'm surprised you stuck with the etched brakes as they are well out of line with the wheels,this was the one part of the brake van that I couldn't compromise on and had to buy in some castings.Nice to see the instructions are as concise as ever!

Jamie

So far today i have finished off a Ratio SR Brakevan stove B & this is now in primmer

Once the primer is dry i will post photos of the Stove B & the Utility Van

Once the primmer has had 24 hours to dry i will be giving both coaches a coat of Precision crimson

Today i have been workingh on a SR Maunsell Ashford 0-6-0 DE SR1-3

the body is a Golden Arrow Productions running on a Bacmann 08 chassie to which i have removed the steps under the csb & at the front end with the body you get new cab steps but i have made some new front steps from plasicard strips

the body has been put togetter plus its grab rails & is now drying after a wash.

All been wel i will get the body into primmer later today

bogie+700.jpg

This was the Ratio van just a few months ago. A real old-timer, it was only fit for the scrap bin but a little bit of plastic card and some clever re-working, it is better than new. My thanks to Peco for kindly supplying a new fret of etched details, Neil Kinison (of ZTC) for the bogie upgrade and Brian for making a sow's ear into a silk purse.