New Hornby TV advert

TEAMYAKIMA

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 159220 said:

New...from December 2011. Still good they did as they need this sort of exposure!

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/Hornby-brings-first-tv-ad-three-years/1108774

Don't worry, it's bang up to date for 2012!

They're not daft. I'd guess they'd done it deliberately just to get you talking. Keeps them in the public face. Good marketing Hornby. I-us-we can expect another 'clanger' like that from now, until half-term holidays in October-November. "It's only logical, captain".

James T Quirk.

• RMweb Gold

We need a hollywood film about model railways.

it worked with cars, we had a car that transforms to an “autobot” and had an arch enemy in deceptacons.... and now theres TV series, animations and even 6 Hollywood films, the latest a vw beetle called “bumblebee”.

I’m sure Mattel arent complaining.

We now have model railways in a TV series  featuring WCRC 47’s and earth quakes / volcanos...

perhaps a kid finding his late grandfathers DCC sound fitted loco that gives hidden messages in its “f” numbers leading to the discovery of a real gold train hidden in a hill side since the war... with booby traps solved by riddles found wrapped in rolled up pieces of paper inside box vans... when they ultimately find the treasure, they have to set up the layout, with a locos headlight shining directly on the right button to press... behind it, is a golden giraffe car.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

The stationary VEP on that slope is probably running at full tilt with the wheels spinning away as there is no way in hell the model could every hope to climb that incline without the proverbial Hand of God shoving it up.

• Funny 3