Ruston & Hornsby 0-6-0DE announced in OO by Kernow, Heljan & Model Rail.

bubbles2

15 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

Well , it arrived and overall , I'm pretty pleased with it .

It's obviously a returned Kernow model as it comes in that retailers packaging. 

The body fit still isn't perfect but is IMO , improved as the description suggests .

No warping of the running plate.

What is beyond doubt is the running qualities of this particular model. 

It runs as sweet as a nut .

No wadling like a duck , really pleased about that .

I've included a pic to allow others to make their own mind up about the body fit issue .

20230825_235128.jpg

Good that they are getting repaired and seeing some sales, but still not worth the money they are asking. As before, it's a £100 loco selling at a premium.

Neil.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 28/08/2023 at 16:24, Roy Langridge said:

Was watching one of these and just got a seller offer for £7 off. One less to be bought as a result. 

Worth adding a watch of you are at all interested. 

Roy

Mine arrived today and whilst I haven’t had a chance to run it yet, the bodywork fix is first rate with no hint of a gap between body and running plate. Will advise on running condition tomorrow. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 01/09/2023 at 20:56, Roy Langridge said:

Mine arrived today and whilst I haven’t had a chance to run it yet, the bodywork fix is first rate with no hint of a gap between body and running plate. Will advise on running condition tomorrow. 

Roy

1 hour ago, Rail Steven said:

I just received my blue version from the bay and it runs perfectly with no wobble or distortion of the running plate.

This is good to hear! 

Perhaps it's the 'Mazak Rot' Class 47 situation in reverse - starts off faulty and gradually fixes itself over time 😃!

• Funny 4

On 01/09/2023 at 20:56, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

Dare I ask Roy , what's the verdict on the running qualities ?

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Albie the plumber said:

Dare I ask Roy , what's the verdict on the running qualities ?

Sadly it has been too hot for either my loft layout or my portable one that I set up in the conservatory. I did start setting the latter up, but when I was dripping sweat on the tracks I decided it was probably not the best idea. 

Just looking now, conservatory ar 47 degrees 😢

Supposed to be a bit cooler here tomorrow, so perhaps a chance then. 

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Roy Langridge said:

Sadly it has been too hot for either my loft layout or my portable one that I set up in the conservatory. I did start setting the latter up, but when I was dripping sweat on the tracks I decided it was probably not the best idea. 

Just looking now, conservatory ar 47 degrees 😢

Supposed to be a bit cooler here tomorrow, so perhaps a chance then. 

Roy

Lol 😆  yes , not exactly modelling weather,  glad it's with us though .

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

The last 3 issues of Model Rail, no. 316, 317 and 318 are advertising their Ruston ‘PWM’  0-6-0DE as having sprung buffers, none of my 3, the first 2 were returned due to poor running, had or have sprung buffers…. Do yours?

11 minutes ago, bubbles2 said:

The last 3 issues of Model Rail, no. 316, 317 and 318 are advertising their Ruston ‘PWM’  0-6-0DE as having sprung buffers, none of my 3, the first 2 were returned due to poor running, had or have sprung buffers…. Do yours?

Probably just a mistake in the advert.

CJI.

• 4 weeks later...