'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, rprodgers said:

I have just been charged for  H4-46Pack-101 Pack of 4 coaches (4BT, 4T, 6C123, 6BT) in GWR chocolate and cream 

Yes, it appears all GWR orders are being processed and I look forward to receiving mine in time for the weekend.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

My  H4-46Pack-101 Pack of 4 coaches have now disappeared from my pre-orders and the bank shows the money has been taken.

Must be on the way.🙂

EDIT

but haven't been despatched yet

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

Every GWR and departmental coach pre-ordered went straight to my trunk (even a GWR six-wheel full brake only pre-ordered a couple of days ago before the cutoff deadline).  Items processed and now awaiting dispatch.  The Southern coaches will go to my trunk in November.

Yesterday evening at 21.12 UK time got an email all my 9 GWR coaches were processed and put in my trunk, now awaiting for the SR 6 wheel tool van is processed.

Hopefully the Accurascale Chaldron wagons next week and than order to ship.

Now awaiting for the next batches till March 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, DanInHisDen said:

I guess im not the only one who is annoyed about not being able to have a full rake after all 3rd class coaches have been sold out on pre order.

Thats the risk you take if you wait.

Given how long it is since the product was first announced - and indeed since things like livery designs were shared with potential customers, its hardly a surprise that  large numbers have sold out on pre-order.

Of course it could be said that  the way model manufacturers tend to produce identical quantities rather than reflect the real world distribution of 1sts, composites and brake designs (the former tending to overwhelmingly be the greatest in vehicle numbers on the real railway) doesn't help.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

My departmental staff riding coach has disappearted from my pre-orders and appeared in my trunk. I'm dithering a bit whether to leave it there, or get it shipped now, as I don't have anything else on order that's likely to be ready in the next couple of months.  I think I'll wait a bit and see if anything I fancy crops up in the bargain bucket or pre-owned that I can usefully combine shipping on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/09/2022 at 22:48, melmerby said:

My  H4-46Pack-101 Pack of 4 coaches have now disappeared from my pre-orders and the bank shows the money has been taken.

Must be on the way.🙂

EDIT

but haven't been despatched yet

Item now picked with a date created of 01/01/0001!🙂

• Like 2

My first vehicle in the Genesis range arrived this morning - an (unlit) BR Staff Riding Van.   Only one departmental van as I wanted to see what this range looked like before committing to rakes of coaches. 

Thoughts?  Pleasing little vehicle, and it has the finely moulded luggage nets in the passenger part of the van - that struck me as a bit improbable on an old carriage relegated onto occasional use on a breakdown train.  You can hardly see the nets with the roof on anyway, and I wondered whether there would even have been seating left in the middle compartment whose windows are blanked out.  Sensible business decision not to do a different seat moulding just for this livery though. 

I like the way the roof clips on. 

The optional (fit it yoursef) additional footboard is a good idea - I think it's appropriate to fit it to this van, as climbing in and out at ground level is what this van is all about, whereas I wouldn't bother for some other liveries.  Surprised it's not mentioned in the instruction leaflet for idiots though.

The ends are the same colour as the body - would black have been more likely?  Without digging into books or photos, I've no idea.  All over red is certainly plausible, and as it's a generic anyway, you'd probably find both if you did do research.  So do what you want is justified here.

I like the way the centre axle slides, although in an ideal world I would have preferred a Cleminson.  The option to remove that axles altogether and convert it to a four-wheeler is a good idea, but I don't see me downgrading any van from six to four.

Lighting?  I had decided at the outset  that the additional £6 wasn't worth paying, still less the idea of adding a DCC decoder to control it - you don't see carriage lights in daytime and I don't run in the dark.  But it's a fair price for that optional extra if you wanted it.

Accuracy to prototype?  Well most of my life I've had under-scale length representations of Mk 1s, RTR wagons on inappropriate chassis with negligible brake detail - so what's so new about generic coaches?  These are visually much better, and elderly though I am, I don't remember 6-wheelers so have no personal recollection of relevant prototypes anyway.

Overall - yes, I am impressed so I will go on to order some of the other liveries in this range, although I seem to have missed out on the LMS ones I would have liked.  I would have thought the big four are the liveries most likely to warrant a second run in due course.  Normally I would include BR in that, but perhaps not for 4- and 6-wheelers.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

That is rather splendid - makes me feel all my interference (together with that of others) all those years ago was worth-while!

The underframe isn't bad either.

DSCN8779.JPG.e65bc731d4e1974c8e76fae8b5411470.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1