Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I pre-ordered a couple of departmental full brakes but the order disappeared.

that made me check my trunk as I had a 6 wheel dept brake saved there, and weirdly all my LMS Genesis coaches were in there too, was not expecting that!

so I have **processed the order...

curious.

**update #2, they're now on their way, fantastic :-)

all the best,

Keith

Edited by tractionman
update
  • Like 4

Hattons have a major fault with their ordering system which I have encountered. It cannot cope with orders for low stock items where two (or more) people order the same item at the same time. One will be lucky and get the item in their trunk. The other will get a message that looks like the order has gone through. When you check the item isn't in your trunk and the order has vanished.

Just something to be aware of.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Wow. My LMS Crimson ones are exquisite. I didn’t realise the 4 wheeler came with an optional wheels and fittings to turn it back to a six wheeler. I think I’ll do that as it looks a bit bare otherwise. The livery and application is outstanding. 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I pre-ordered a couple of departmental full brakes but the order disappeared.

That's just weird!

I didn't pre-order any of them, and now have four Departmentals.

Kev.

• Like 2

The LMS coaches are exquisite. I felt when these were first announced that Grouping liveries would make the most sense with these generics, and having them in my hands now I stand by that thought. I do like the LNWR ones I've had arrive, they're a nice antidote to the rather 'Caledonian' Hornby effort, but the LMS livery blows them away. Its a nice touch adding in the spare axle and mounting bracket with the 4w composites to revert them to 6w too. Out of the 14 that have arrived, just one has had a loose gas cylinder which showed very little sign of glue. No brake rigging hanging or twisted and no loose vents or lamps. Very impressed indeed, I can't wait to get these down to the club next week to see how they trackhold over some of the more challenging 00 modules.

52 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Do the replacement footboards work on 2nd radius curves? Just wondering whether to swap them over...

Looking at the profile of the single footboards, I'd say they will be no hinderance what so ever for 2nd radius.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, drt7uk said:

Do the replacement footboards work on 2nd radius curves? Just wondering whether to swap them over...

With my 6-wheelers the single and the double footboards are perfectly okay on my tightest curve - 24".

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold

I originally ordered four LNWR coaches without lights.  They emailed me to say that there were no Full Brakes and would I like one with lights?  I felt like saying, 'No, not really', but as I had waited for nearly three years I said, 'Yes'.  

They arrived today, after Amazon said it would arrive yesterday. Yes, a 'one day' delivery.  

I have handed them to my wife, having removed the invoice, so that they can be given back at Christmas.  Pictures by the New Year hopefully.

• Like 5

My sole SECR one arrived today, the 4w all third which is pretty accurate for an all second although the livery application is too good to think about changing. Is for a mixed collection of coaches as a preserved rake . One day Amazon; tracked it as far as dispatch from the local depot but thereafter unlike Amazon orders there was no more detailed tracking. Far better than the typical order from Hattons via the Post Office which invariably takes ages for its Trans Pennine journey.

• Like 3

My 16 SECR ones have just turned up. Wow, now it really is starting to feel like Christmas. I never thought I would see the day with so much RTR SECR around...

Anyway, in the photos below, I have split them into 3 rakes as follows:

1/ H class with 6 four wheelers. These are un-lit.

2/ P class with 4 pack that contains 2 four wheelers and 2 six wheelers, this set is lit

6/ D class with 6 six wheelers. These are un lit.

On the lit set, you can see different seat colours depending on class.

A final photo compares to the later dark lake that Bachmann uses on its birdcages.

SECR_Genesis_01.jpg

SECR_Genesis_02.jpg

SECR_Genesis_03.jpg

SECR_Genesis_04.jpg

SECR_Genesis_05.jpg

SECR_Genesis_06.jpg

SECR_Genesis_07.jpg

SECR_Genesis_08.jpg

SECR_Genesis_09.jpg

SECR_Genesis_10.jpg

SECR_Genesis_11.jpg

SECR_Genesis_12.jpg

SECR_Genesis_13.jpg

SECR_Genesis_14.jpg

SECR_Genesis_15.jpg

SECR_Genesis_16.jpg

SECR_Genesis_17.jpg

SECR_Genesis_18.jpg

SECR_Genesis_19.jpg

SECR_Genesis_20.jpg

SECR_Genesis_21.jpg

SECR_Genesis_22.jpg

SECR_Genesis_23.jpg

SECR_Genesis_24.jpg

SECR_Genesis_25.jpg

SECR_Genesis_26.jpg

SECR_Genesis_27.jpg

SECR_Genesis_28.jpg

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Got all 10 of my LMS ones out to test, they really look the part behind matching locos!

IMG_20221204_200855.jpg

they absolutely do look the part . I had my ones running at the weekend . I had some trepidation as my track work is not brilliant , the boards having warped overtime . I had considerable difficulty getting my Accurascale Deltic round , even though everything else runs fine . But these coaches sailed through without any difficulty . Ideal companion for the Crimson Jumbo . Might invest in a Caledonian set , if there is one , for my 812s to pull . 

• Like 4

On 09/10/2022 at 20:01, melmerby said:

After running my sets around a bit I have found one big disappointment. The NEM pockets

Mine vary from OK to rubbish

The OK ones are near as dammit horizontal and centered

The others very between a noticable set away from the centre, so they miss any other coupling they are trying to couple too - not rectifiable with the design used.

The worst are ones with a sag - quite a few, varying from a little sag to so much droop that a Kadee hits the sleepers and Roco/Hornby couplings wont couple when pushed together

Tightening the mounting screw doesn't work, some just overturn.

I've found the same with the LMS coaches I received the other day.  Some of the NEM pockets are so far off-centre that they won't couple up to another coach with a more-or-less centred NEM Pocket, even with the small TLCs they come fitted with.  There's no chance of the worst ones ever working properly with NEM Kadees installed and, as you say, the design of the NEM pocket doesn't offer any obvious way to fix the problem oneself.

I have no intention of taking a knife or glue to a brand new model to fix a problem that it came out of the box with.

I'm surprised no-one else seems to have mentioned this as an issue.

Have you approached Hattons about it?  I'm about to take some photos of my examples and see what they have to say.

EDIT: As it happens, I use Hunt Elite couplings within a rake and the magnets in those seem to be more than strong enough to pull the wonky NEM pockets into line.  Still not good for folks who want to run these things "out of the box", though.

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2