Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium

I currently have a four pack of GNR Genesis coaches that are due February 2023, a three pack of BR Crimson Genesis coaches due when they get here and two Rapido Wisbech and Upwell tramway coaches which will also arrive when they get here. All will go in my trunk with Hattons and will only be requested for delivery when my wife is away and will not see their arrival!

• Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Nile said:

If you choose DPD for delivery you could have them sent to a local pick-up point. Could make sneaking them in easier.

I always use collect from my local Argos for eBay wins but they are normally single unboxed items which will fit is jacket pocket to get past SWTSMBO !

• Like 1

I have 6 LNWR coaches on the way plus 4 more LMS coaches in my trunk.

I'm also looking for an LMS Brake 3rd or LMS full brake but alas they are all sold out.

Hopefully a couple will become available if some cancel their orders.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I've received two emails from Hattons, first one covering the SECR 4-pack with the second covering the LMS & LNWR 4-packs.

This was followed today by two more emails, first one advising that the SECR 4-pack is due for delivery tomorrow by DPD with the second one advising that the LMS & LNWR 4-packs will also be delivered by DPD tomorrow.

Now I've got to find where I've hidden the LNWR loco for which the LNWR 4-pack has been purchased for........

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

I've received two emails from Hattons, first one covering the SECR 4-pack with the second covering the LMS & LNWR 4-packs.

This was followed today by two more emails, first one advising that the SECR 4-pack is due for delivery tomorrow by DPD with the second one advising that the LMS & LNWR 4-packs will also be delivered by DPD tomorrow.

Now I've got to find where I've hidden the LNWR loco for which the LNWR 4-pack has been purchased for........

Had the notification for the LMS 4-pack and full brake today as well. Saw them at Warley on Saturday, so looking forward to receiving them, a nice pre-Christmas surprise.

• Like 1

The decorated Midland Railway samples had me making all sorts of Colonel Bloodnok style noises near to them when I saw them.

I suspect I am going to sell off some other attic tat and see if I can score a pack of four.

• Like 2

Five of the six LNWR coaches I ordered were added to my trunk yesterday.  Minus the full brake, I'm hoping that item gets added, otherwise Hattons either oversold or were shorted on that item because they accepted my pre-order.

Airlines oversell the seats on flights, assuming a percentage will miss the flight.  As I said, I'm hoping...

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

I don't know if footboard removal has been covered before but there's a small cross-head screw at either end but the two middle supports are glued in place. I thin bladed scalpel inserted carefully between the footboard and the underframe with a slight twist will break the glue bond.

In order to get the single footboard sitting straight it's was necessary, on mine, to straighten out the first fixing lug in from the left with a pair of piers. The end fixing screws are more than enough to hold the footboards in place.

Edited by Rowsley17D
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

Well apart from the moron DPD driver ignoring the safe place instruction on their app for the second parcel this week and leaving it outside ‘hidden behind a flowerpot half the height of the box?!?, not in the porch as he claims despite his own photo evidence, mine arrived safely no thanks to him. 

2D6A8D7E-D28C-4DE8-A98E-D9A1C68EA18F.jpeg.abd154b3e86ffbfe5bcaf0c4dd39cc58.jpeg

D9849FAF-0823-4B85-9D0C-B3A820885081.jpeg.c4bb2d48397f1d452d8c263b4db753fe.jpeg

One vent was loose in the box but soon glued back on. 

A69D3BDF-2091-4449-AD39-74CFC298DE5D.jpeg.bdcbce12f7eee982b0dce5719abcb173.jpeg

Top job Hattons. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Here's some roof lighting details (No idea which!) I took last Saturday...

(Although of a slightly different design {and country} but from the same period.)

image.png.42d9a36b231f77ac7cdc8088185531a3.png

image.png.35789646cf2a6318d8b4992c7811949b.png

(I think he is "nicking" them!)

Kev.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, LondonCharivari said:

Got my email confirming my SECR coaches were being processed a couple of days ago, but sad to say I've now been emailed to say Hattons can't fulfill part of my pre-order. Unfortunate this is still happening with orders.

I lost out on two coaches from my first deliveries (despite having a very early pre-order in) and this time around I lost out on one SECR coach ( again an early  pre-order) !

It is rather disappointing that Hattons cannot seem to get the correct numbers of coaches delivered.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

I lost out on two coaches from my first deliveries (despite having a very early pre-order in) and this time around I lost out on one SECR coach ( again an early  pre-order) !

It is rather disappointing that Hattons cannot seem to get the correct numbers of coaches delivered.

It seems Hattons have made a bit of a pigs ear of things.

It would be helpful if they explained what has happened ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Full Brakes seem to be a bit thin on the ground.

Speculation alert!

I wonder if some Full Brakes were "pulled" from other liveries to make the Departmental range?

Kev.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 02/12/2022 at 09:37, amdaley said:

It seems Hattons have made a bit of a pigs ear of things.

It would be helpful if they explained what has happened ?

all I know is my Genesis order, placed in Feb 2021, has disappeared when I log into my Hattons account, the order number and amount is still listed (along with my other 'shipped' orders of many years...), but when I click on the link (for my Genesis coach order) it takes me to 'page not found' error message...

I have emailed Hattons** to enquire about this...

**update #1, things do seem to be ok with my order, somehow it had ended up in my trunk, so fingers crossed now--thanks to Hattons too for picking up my email enquiry :-)

**update #2, now shipped, awaiting arrival 🤞

cheers,

Keith

Edited by tractionman
updates
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to hear that some of you are having problems.  My 6 SECR coaches turned up on time yesterday afternoon delivered by a very polite and friendly DPD driver.  Only checked two of them so far and they are perfect and really lovely little coaches.  Hopefully I’ll get around to playing with testing them all later. 😀

• Like 7
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SHMD said:

Full Brakes seem to be a bit thin on the ground.

Speculation alert!

I wonder if some Full Brakes were "pulled" from other liveries to make the Departmental range?

Kev.

I pre-ordered a couple of departmental full brakes but the order disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3