Class 37, by Accurascale

11 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

They're doing the 37/6's but I wonder if the EPS variant with ring emblems is on the cards...

Perhaps the only thing I would like to hear is for two locos in multiple to somehow have de-synchronised sound, so it does not sound like it's down a drainpipe when working in consist.  Short of buying sound from two different suppliers, I have never heard of it being done on a production model and I am sure it must be possible to do so, with the 37 being a fine loco to have this feature.  Just imagine the double thundering sound they could create - maybe Accurascale could be the first with this innovation?

EPS 37's - the mint with the hole!  Yeah, be different but actually 2 options.  Pure EPS and EPS with DRS logos applied (a little more scope for some perhaps,  instead of light loco?)

37 sounds, it's probably more of a controller thing to make the second errupt a couple of seconds later.  Unless there is some sort of timing/delay possible on sound chips?  (Obviously you don't want number 2 being dragged, then of course consisting the correct way so front loco errupts first). 

If being a true perfectionist and to unite modellers on this small island of course you actually need the facility to TRIPPLE head 37's in this manner on Scottish and Welsh Iron Ore PTA Trains! (Always knew my diversity and inclusivity training would be useful for something.....).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

37 sounds, it's probably more of a controller thing to make the second errupt a couple of seconds later.  Unless there is some sort of timing/delay possible on sound chips?  (Obviously you don't want number 2 being dragged, then of course consisting the correct way so front loco errupts first). 

True but even then it can just sound too identical and the mind soon picks up on the repetitive nature.  In a way you need one loco's decoder to be set to use a slightly different set of sounds to the other.  It would mean making two recordings of probably two different locos, storing them in the same memory but allowing a CV setting perhaps to choose which of the two is referenced by each loco whilst both are operated in the same consist...

Or as you rightly say, three recordings...

Or maybe even four if you count top 'n' tail double heading!!!

Or... you could just opt for a single 37 and make it really, and I mean really, plough that field on volume setting 11 of 10... I'm sure the team at Accurascale have already put in a volume setting of 11??

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matt said:

Hope they do these as they ran around a fair bit like this on hire to freightliner heading up the WHL of all places, and I believe they ran like this for DRS albeit with DRS logos added. 

I remember seeing a pair (if I remember rightly) on a railtour many years back that coupled up at Didcot, then powered along the line to Oxford and beyond.  The only other times were up at North Pole at the Eurostar Depot in passing.  Either way, their curiosity has me and if they did the special coupling adapter stuff on the front, even better!

4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Please please please say you are planning some West Coast Railway 37’s in future runs. 

Given there's a 37//7 guaranteed, I think at least 1 will come.....Plus, it's Accurascale. Matching locos and stock is a bit of a thing 😉

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 69843 said:

Given there's a 37//7 guaranteed, I think at least 1 will come.....Plus, it's Accurascale. Matching locos and stock is a bit of a thing 😉

One 37/7 has already been announced for 2023:

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 69843 said:

There are different inserts for the tooling to allow all variants to be produced in time. I’d like the Thornaby Red Stripe 37502 to accompany Teesside Steelmaster, so I’m looking forward to the former split 37/5s being produced.

DSCF0321.jpg.22ff09f081f233487c6c526252e27f62.jpg

Edited by 97406
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, AForce said:

I gather he had to lay the track first as well. He works damn hard.

wallace-and-gromit-wallace.gif

Weren't they brilliant!!

Mike

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Can I just say that the decorated sample of the Rails exclusive (37610) is looking great. 

Just a quick question, I may have missed it on the images but will the model carry the ‘on hire’ transfer that it currently carries?

https://flic.kr/p/NVvpvG

This was actually the first Accurascale 37 that i ordered and yet again as with 97301 I’m so glad that I did.

Edited by Purnu
Added a question.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, ac1874 said:

Only bettered by the clown in the comments that Fran and Stephen have schooled!

In fairness, they were well informed 😂

I laugh but I once was questioning @McC on Facebook about how he knew something because I hadn't put two and two together 🤦

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Purnu said:

Can I just say that the decorated sample of the Rails exclusive (37610) is looking great. 

Just a quick question, I may have missed it on the images but will the model carry the ‘on hire’ transfer that it currently carries?

https://flic.kr/p/NVvpvG

This was actually the first Accurascale 37 that i ordered and yet again as with 97301 I’m so glad that I did.

Hi @Purnu,

Good spot! It was on our artwork but was left off the decorated samples. It will be on the final models.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Purnu,

Good spot! It was on our artwork but was left off the decorated samples. It will be on the final models.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran, 

I noticed in the side view pics on the rails website, that the top of the copper pickups are visible on bogies.

I understand that this is the case with existing models from other manufacturers, but will accurascale be taking steps to obscure the copper for production? Chemical darkening or painting black for example?

Not that it would dissuade me from my preorders or ordering anymore, just wondering if this is something that has been picked up on & fed back to the factory?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, CoBoLoco said:

Hi Fran, 

I noticed in the side view pics on the rails website, that the top of the copper pickups are visible on bogies.

I understand that this is the case with existing models from other manufacturers, but will accurascale be taking steps to obscure the copper for production? Chemical darkening or painting black for example?

Not that it would dissuade me from my preorders or ordering anymore, just wondering if this is something that has been picked up on & fed back to the factory?

Hi @CoBoLoco,

Yes, we will indeed! It’s rather too bright at the moment and will be toned down.

All part of the decorated sample process.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I looked a couple of days ago and 37605 was still showing available, I was wondering what it had done to upset the punters and remain 'on the shelf' so to speak? 😂😂

Someone must have felt sorry for it however as I see all the variations of the Class 37 are now showing 'Sold Out' on the AS website!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Yes indeed, the 37s are sold out direct via Accurascale, which is amazing going! Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered! 

If you have missed out, be sure to check out retailers, as they will get their allocations too. 

FYI, our Deltics are 80% sold out on pre-order, so I wouldn't hang about on them if you want one.... 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Yes indeed, the 37s are sold out direct via Accurascale, which is amazing going! Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered! 

If you have missed out, be sure to check out retailers, as they will get their allocations too. 

FYI, our Deltics are 80% sold out on pre-order, so I wouldn't hang about on them if you want one.... 

Cheers!

Fran 

Time to announce the next batch then? 🙏 I'm itching to know which versions are coming next! 

Bruce 

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

22 minutes ago, D400 said:

Time to announce the next batch then? 🙏 I'm itching to know which versions are coming next! 

Bruce 

Me too as I'm going to need a couple at least for the upcoming layout build and I'd rather not invest time and money trying to improve the 'blue box' ones!