Class 37, by Accurascale

8 minutes ago, McC said:

aha! But we have at least 7 more 37 runs planned 

as in 7 more variants, or 7 more production runs across multiple variants?

And yes even though I (currently) don't have a 37 on order and have 2 Deltics, I would possibly rate the 37 above the Deltic in terms of detail in a 'model of the year'. I don't know why.... I guess the number of detailed variations and the modifications the 37 had means there is just more fine stuff to model.

4 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

So some of us might never eat again ...................food is overated anyway......

Hahaha!

I'm lucky in some ways that Accurascale are choosing locos completely out of my modelling period and location so I can still eat! I think it was deliberate they avoided 37/4 to 37/7s in late 80s/90s ;) All these lemon yellow NR machines are just taunting me...!

Cheers

Will

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

TBH if there was a loco to do 8+ runs of, the 37 is probably it. Would definitely have been top of my list had I been in your shoes, probably more so than the 47 despite its larger numbers.

Used all over for all sorts by all sorts of people for over 60 years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

A shame in a way that the yellow’un is well out of my modelling period, but it conveys the general idea. I look forward to seeing the decorated large logo split box one, and the banger blue one with white stripe as they’re the 2 I have on order.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 05/04/2022 at 11:01, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time coming, and we've been bursting to show you the first of our decorated Class 37 samples to all of you who couldn't make the recent shows at Model Rail Scotland and the London Festival of Railway Modelling.

So, here is the first reveal, Accurascale Exclusive 97301 in Network Rail livery. Oh boy!

We will be showing further livery examples in the coming weeks, and providing a full update on delivery (on course from Q3 2022) when we receive them all, but in the meantime here is some lovely close ups of what our EE Type 3 will look like.

Enjoy!

Acc-97301-07.jpg.4731c49f0e94f619af8977c449ca45d0.jpg

Acc-97301-06.jpg.551ae17982c6e39a0a09b94a750cb9f1.jpg

Acc-97301-03.jpg.a851a694494058de577d66175bd76f25.jpg

Acc-97301-11.jpg.dc6032db8dfe793e50faafd2ad4d8b53.jpg

Acc-97301-12.jpg.86929110ceea31774c3f4ba9a6688ace.jpg

Acc-97301-01.jpg.f78b37b9945558c9d8fa879777851de1.jpg

Usual caveats around fit and finish naturally apply, after all it's just an engineering sample sent for critiquing and correction, but we think you will agree that they are shaping up rather nicely.

Tempted? Of course you are! Our 37s have been very popular on pre-order, and 97301 is already fully sold out on pre-order. However, if you sign up to our email list on our website as per below you will be prompted should any come into stock via order cancellation.

1925740970_37notifcationlist.png.c7c69b8db1db94955d19e887894c3289.png

Check out the remaining stocks (all limited) direct, or via your local stockist! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-37/availability_pre-order?

Cheers!

Fran 

Acc-97301-13.jpg

Dam this is looking very good! Wished I pre ordered DCC sound model. Spent happy day working on the real one! I have submitted to see if one will become available! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 06/04/2022 at 10:50, McC said:

That’s good news. Lately I’ve been so overstretched that I missed a 37. That might turn out to be a good thing if future runs turn out to have spinning cooling fans,

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Some inspiration for buying an excessive amount of 37s

37263 , 37895 and 37372 with 9 other 37`s at Newport , Godfrey Road stabling point , on 18.06.1989.

13 37`s dominate this scene at Severn Tunnel Junction stabling point on 28.12.1982.

Not 1 split headcode visible.......may be a future batch.  With 37714 the first announced in the next batch, then it could be 37/7, 37/8 and hopefully 37/9s, with a few split headcode extras perhaps.  37035 in Dutch with black numbers and Scottish headlight would be nice a nice variation, with Cardiff plaques....

1 hour ago, Torbay Express said:

Not 1 split headcode visible.......may be a future batch.  With 37714 the first announced in the next batch, then it could be 37/7, 37/8 and hopefully 37/9s, with a few split headcode extras perhaps.  37035 in Dutch with black numbers and Scottish headlight would be nice a nice variation, with Cardiff plaques....

37/7, 37/8, 37/9?? What are these futuristic mythical beasts? 🤔🤨

I want 0’s, beautiful banger blue 0s. Split box, centre box, Vulcan and RSH (actually a strong emphasis on a couple of RSH) Blue with and without bufferbeam cowels.

somehow I think over time we’ll all get what we want. Cant wait for my current order to arrive.

True Blue, baby I love you 😀

• Agree 2

They're doing the 37/6's but I wonder if the EPS variant with ring emblems is on the cards...

But I guess they have to wait until they've announced the rolling stock first...

The 37/9's would be great, though personally perhaps not 37905 & 37906 as I already have the Kernow / Bachmann pair from a while back.  I remember seeing and hearing this monsters!

In my view, it would also be good to see more of the Europhoenix livery locos, especially with all the dragging/scrap train work they have been doing as of late, allowing a real mix of off-region electric units on a GWML scene layout!!!

Perhaps the only thing I would like to hear is for two locos in multiple to somehow have de-synchronised sound, so it does not sound like it's down a drainpipe when working in consist.  Short of buying sound from two different suppliers, I have never heard of it being done on a production model and I am sure it must be possible to do so, with the 37 being a fine loco to have this feature.  Just imagine the double thundering sound they could create - maybe Accurascale could be the first with this innovation?

The Accurascale NR 97301 looks absolutely superb - now I can't wait for them to arrive.

Cheers,

Ixion.

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So 7 runs planned at least and I believe a production run can span weeks and even months depending on the model complexity so is it possible you could just have a factory churning out class 37’s for years?

Just like a mini Vulcan foundary.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, mallaig1983 said:

37/7, 37/8, 37/9?? What are these futuristic mythical beasts? 🤔🤨

I want 0’s, beautiful banger blue 0s. Split box, centre box, Vulcan and RSH (actually a strong emphasis on a couple of RSH) Blue with and without bufferbeam cowels.

somehow I think over time we’ll all get what we want. Cant wait for my current order to arrive.

True Blue, baby I love you 😀

Actually, what I'd like is a definitive list of the different grills and things fitted to different class 37, so I know what I'm looking for!  The 37 is like a big spot the difference game, which I've not cracked!

If it's any consolation, apart from the obvious split headcodes, always had a soft spot for the domino/center headcode version which is in the photo!  Hopefully the 'Thurty Tree' regiment will put their creative juices into this one so you can both light and change the headcodes (DCC controlled would be a real challenge) which should be enough to get you frothing at the mouth!  (I hope that you didn't go Alexandra Palace, and catch anything more sinister?)  Apparently next year these guys are not taking any chances - Class 31 collector cards are being repurposed as face masks, whilst anyone foaming at the mouth near cabinets will be given rabies shots, and taken to another first - the Accurascale sponsored first aid room to view 8 pin chip versions of Classes 31 and 37....   For persons still of concern, it's the soundproof booth with a sound chip complete with tinny sounding speaker....

• Funny 1

11 hours ago, aeroplane said:

Some inspiration for buying an excessive amount of 37s

37263 , 37895 and 37372 with 9 other 37`s at Newport , Godfrey Road stabling point , on 18.06.1989.

13 37`s dominate this scene at Severn Tunnel Junction stabling point on 28.12.1982.

First photo is Godfrey Road stabling point at Newport Station.  I used to commute from Newport and can still remember the hazy blue smoke/clag hanging over the sidings (plus the distinctive smell and engine noise) when the beasts were fired up.

Second photo is Severn Tunnel Junction.   

The railways were so much more interesting in those days (and before)   

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

They're doing the 37/6's but I wonder if the EPS variant with ring emblems is on the cards...

But I guess they have to wait until they've announced the rolling stock first...

Hope they do these as they ran around a fair bit like this on hire to freightliner heading up the WHL of all places, and I believe they ran like this for DRS albeit with DRS logos added. 

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

The 37/9's would be great, though personally perhaps not 37905 & 37906 as I already have the Kernow / Bachmann pair from a while back.  I remember seeing and hearing this monsters!

In my view, it would also be good to see more of the Europhoenix livery locos, especially with all the dragging/scrap train work they have been doing as of late, allowing a real mix of off-region electric units on a GWML scene layout!!!

Perhaps the only thing I would like to hear is for two locos in multiple to somehow have de-synchronised sound, so it does not sound like it's down a drainpipe when working in consist.  Short of buying sound from two different suppliers, I have never heard of it being done on a production model and I am sure it must be possible to do so, with the 37 being a fine loco to have this feature.  Just imagine the double thundering sound they could create - maybe Accurascale could be the first with this innovation?

The Accurascale NR 97301 looks absolutely superb - now I can't wait for them to arrive.

Cheers,

Ixion.

Or three in multiple if you’re running the Hunterston to Ravenscraig Iron Ore?! 

Not my image… but what a collection of liveries! 

More Ore

Edited by Global
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1