Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Markwj said:

Thanks for the update, one of the traders at the recent Leyland show said they were not due till Spring next year at the earliest, I didn't think that was correct but he felt his source was correct. 

Thankfully we have great communications, and even a live status page on our website below, so you don't need to rely on 'sources' :) 

https://www.accurascale.com/pages/project-status

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, McC said:

Thankfully we have great communications, and even a live status page on our website below, so you don't need to rely on 'sources' :) 

That's a great graphic! Really clear, wish we had this for other manufacturers too :-)

cheers,

Keith 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, McC said:

Think it'd be a good idea to add 'support' to the drop-down menu at the top of the website next to news. I don't always scroll all the way down when on the website and didn't know where the support page had gone.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, McC said:

Thanks Pedro! Full details and more are in the post and here is the current schedule.  As always it has to be right, not rushed. 

The delivery schedule is as follows:

Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s. These are now in production and scheduled to ship at the end of August from China, arriving in stock in mid-October.

Batch 2 is the 37/6s and the Yellow 97/3. Planned shipment end of October, arriving in stock in mid December.

Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023

Batch 4…. 😄

Just want to check but does the batch 3 include the NRM exclusive D6700? I'm assuming yes, but wanted to ask so I can fortify my wallet in advance. And will batch 2 arrive for Christmas? And if yes can we get them shipped in festive paper with a "from Santa" label to help sneak past the household authorities? 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Just want to check but does the batch 3 include the NRM exclusive D6700? I'm assuming yes, but wanted to ask so I can fortify my wallet in advance. And will batch 2 arrive for Christmas? And if yes can we get them shipped in festive paper with a "from Santa" label to help sneak past the household authorities? 

Perhaps you want batch 3 in valentines paper then🤣

• Funny 6

20 hours ago, sulzer71 said:

Hopefully it does as I need a couple of Tractors at least for now and don't want to plump for a more expensive/inferior model

I don't think you can use the word inferior yet, as we haven't got an Accurascale 37 in our hands to compare it to the latest Bachmann version. Yes the previous Bachmann version is definitely inferior to the Accurascale version, as the new Bachmann version is a great deal better than the old one. I have both so can comment on this. Once I receive the Accurascale version I can then compare both versions and so comment. None of us can really comment on the two versions yet, as we haven't got an Accurascale version. But I do agree on the more expensive comment, as we can see by the prices.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, aeroplane said:

Think it'd be a good idea to add 'support' to the drop-down menu at the top of the website next to news. I don't always scroll all the way down when on the website and didn't know where the support page had gone.

Added top right.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 09.39.16.png

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I’m seeking a bit of help info please. This question has probably been asked numerous times before but struggling to find clear answers in hundreds of pages of forums, especially as many now have missing photos (not a dig just a fact of life).

I have 37043 on pre-order with Rails and they seem to have some availability so may order a second one and I’m struggling around renumbering options and detail variances and how noticeable they are. I can see the cantrail grill extra strips on the likes of 37081 but I’m looking at locos like 37111 or some of the earlier numbered un-named examples that from photos don’t seem to have the extra grill strips.

Could anyone help with other detail differences that stand out and any that wouldn’t be noticeable please. I’m not a rivet counter but also want something that’s fairly accurate (ie grill strips are obvious).

Many Thanks and apologies to those that have answered these questions before, I’ve spent a while looking before asking this.

3 hours ago, SHerr said:

I’m seeking a bit of help info please. This question has probably been asked numerous times before but struggling to find clear answers in hundreds of pages of forums, especially as many now have missing photos (not a dig just a fact of life).

I have 37043 on pre-order with Rails and they seem to have some availability so may order a second one and I’m struggling around renumbering options and detail variances and how noticeable they are. I can see the cantrail grill extra strips on the likes of 37081 but I’m looking at locos like 37111 or some of the earlier numbered un-named examples that from photos don’t seem to have the extra grill strips.

Could anyone help with other detail differences that stand out and any that wouldn’t be noticeable please. I’m not a rivet counter but also want something that’s fairly accurate (ie grill strips are obvious).

Many Thanks and apologies to those that have answered these questions before, I’ve spent a while looking before asking this.

L/L 37027 may be one suitable choice to renumber 37043 to, apart from perhaps the riveted roof, not sure if both are single or double riveted ? and just how noticeable this would be anyway....

L/L 37026 also, but it had a Black roof, unsure if it was light Grey earlier ? same applies 're the roof rivets.

L/L 37012 another possible choice, it had a light Grey roof to start with but was changed to Black later. same applies 're the roof rivets.

HTH

Perhaps A/S could list which locos had single or double riveted rooves ?

Edited by tractor_37260
Add text
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

L/L 37027 may be one suitable choice to renumber 37043 to, apart from perhaps the riveted roof, not sure if both are single or double riveted ? and just how noticeable this would be anyway....

L/L 37026 also, but it had a Black roof, unsure if it was light Grey earlier ? same applies 're the roof rivets.

L/L 37012 another possible choice, it had a light Grey roof to start with but was changed to Black later. same applies 're the roof rivets.

HTH

Depending on how fussy he his 37022 could be a possibility too?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

Depending on how fussy he his 37022 could be a possibility too?

This would need the round buffers also. I think she still carries them into L/L

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tractor_37260 said:

Perhaps A/S could list which locos had single or double riveted rooves ?

Am not Accurascale, but I think

d6700-d6742 had double rivet

d6743-d6798 had single rivet

d6799 onward had welded roof

Edited by aeroplane
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks all for the replies and info, that helps a lot. 027 is an option although the timeframe is basically mid 85 (for some other reasons than 37/0’s!) and I can’t quite find when 027 went into LL.

Looking at what roof photos I can on the internet it looks like carefully removing the rivet lines may be viable to get a later numbered example and suspect the roof paint could be blended in especially with some weathering (or am I missing something)? 

12 hours ago, aeroplane said:

Am not Accurascale, but I think

d6700-d6742 had double rivet

d6743-d6798 had single rivet

d6799 onward had welded roof

Just to add

D6700 to d6705, d6769 to d6795 had the extra cantrail grille dividing bars

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

If it helps, I’ve recently bought some Railtec 3D rivet decals and they are great, so if you need to add some then they’re worth a look!

I can vouch that Accurascale printing can be easily removed with just a little Humbrol enamel thinners rubbed on a cotton bud and it just lifts quickly with no damage to the backing paintwork, really easy to work on!

Cheers,

James

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, young37215 said:

Around April 1985, there are a bunch of undated pictures on Flickr from Spannerman showing the loco on Eastfield after painting. 

But the caption says that is its second paint in large logo and the photo info says taken January 2013. 

Roy

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

But the caption says that is its second paint in large logo and the photo info says taken January 2013. 

The caption might say the picture was taken in 2013, what it should say is the picture was loaded onto Flickr on this day. The picture was taken in early 1985, probably April. It certainly was not taken in 2013 becuase 37027 was cut up in 2008!

Large logo version 1 in 1981. This was unofficial and quickly removed in the BR days of corporate colour scheme only.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, SHerr said:

Thanks all for the replies and info, that helps a lot. 027 is an option although the timeframe is basically mid 85 (for some other reasons than 37/0’s!) and I can’t quite find when 027 went into LL.

Looking at what roof photos I can on the internet it looks like carefully removing the rivet lines may be viable to get a later numbered example and suspect the roof paint could be blended in especially with some weathering (or am I missing something)? 

Just after my period of interest but I think it would have been in L/L by mid 85. 37/4s were starting to come on stream by then so attention turned elsewhere. Remember not all Eastfield 37s ended up in L/L so those that did I would say would highly likely been treated by your period.

33 minutes ago, young37215 said:

The caption might say the picture was taken in 2013, what it should say is the picture was loaded onto Flickr on this day.

42 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

Most likely it's the date and date and time the slide was scanned and the jpeg created.

Jo