Class 37, by Accurascale

4 minutes ago, McC said:

Which ones?

On D6702 the model does not appear to show hand grabs between the lights and caps on the side which the photo above has?

Perhaps clearer in Phil Mc photo above

Edited by Chilly
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Chilly said:

On D6702 the model does not appear to show hand grabs between the lights and caps on the side which the photo above has?

Having conferred with the project manager, you can be assured the final production model does indeed have those hand grabs as well as all the other accurate details you've come to expect. 

Final production samples of the first batch are expected 'any day now' and the photos will be updated (the current photos on the website are of the decorated samples)

Edited by McC
spelling
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Are the screws in the door hinges correct slot ones,non of the posi drive stuff then,asking for a friend.........you guys must have the heart of a lion, so looking forward to see these on layouts,still think an Accurascale 66 would be a game changer since it is the modern freight railway,are you sure you did not get the tooling from you know who........heres to the 37/4 soon though.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Having recently resurrected a small 'OO' project I'd love to get one of these with sound but can only find the model I'm after non-DCC fitted (all others sold out).  Will Accurascale be making 'sound packs' available as an add-on with the speakers and chip etc?

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Solo said:

Having recently resurrected a small 'OO' project I'd love to get one of these with sound but can only find the model I'm after non-DCC fitted (all others sold out).  Will Accurascale be making 'sound packs' available as an add-on with the speakers and chip etc?

Have you looked on Rails? https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/accurascale?page=8

I somehow managed not to purchase 37027 from Accurascale so got me a sound fitted one from there instead.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 97406 said:

Have you looked on Rails? https://railsofsheffield.com/collections/accurascale?page=8

I somehow managed not to purchase 37027 from Accurascale so got me a sound fitted one from there instead.

Yes, Rails have sold out of the sound-fitted 37001....have already ordered 37027 via them (with sound).

16 hours ago, McC said:

We love it when customers have constructive comments, especially with photos!  Makes it much easier to correct anything we might miss. Our project managers are incredible but we’re also all human and missing things is always possible :) it’s why we share engineering prototypes and decorated samples all the way through rather than rushing out models into stock ;) 

Ah, the, “ reverse Danish “ , process, how very refreshing !

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

@The Stationmaster, do you recall if the multi-headed class 37 Llanwern trains had any other front equipment for this specific purpose (I seem to recall triple heading at one time)?

Or were the 1960s class 37 Lickey bankers provided with any other equipment? 

I was well away from South Wales by then so I don't know.  

Running them in multiple was a fun business anyway as we found when we tried in 1973 (we did run three coupled on occasion so definitely not a problem but they were running light engine anyway).  But we had to carefully match the multi pairs  to make sure that they bother went in the same direction when the controller was opened because we'd quickly found that some didn't.  It was thought that the problem was mainly down to damaged multi cables (and possibly local repairs which had simply put them back together untested).

When we got them in the West Country to work in pairs on stone trains I had all of the ones we got tested in the yard in multi before we put them out on jobs and we still found some which didn't work together!

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 22/09/2022 at 14:46, stovepipe said:

Allocated to Tinsley 41A w/e 11/11/67, and repainted blue Aug 69, and boiler removed Feb 69, according to the usual online sources.

After the loco number is that NB for no boiler? That must date the image between 2/69 and 8/69 if those dates are correct?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/09/2022 at 00:23, Solo said:

Hi Solo,

We most certainly will!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, JohnR said:

Seems to be a sudden flood of ViTrains and Bachmann Class 37s on ebay. Does someone know that the Accurascale models are imminent?

From Accurascale's last update :

The delivery schedule is as follows:

Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s. These are now in production and scheduled to ship at the end of August from China, arriving in stock in mid-October.

Batch 2 is the 37/6s and the Yellow 97/3. Planned shipment end of October, arriving in stock in mid December.

Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Got this from Locomotion yesterday:- 

Thank you for your patience while we awaited information about when we could expect our Sound Fitted BR English Electric Type 3 No.D6700 models.

We now have updated information from Accurascale about when we can expect our models in stock. Here are some pieces of information relevant to your model:

'On our original batch of EE Type 3's, D6700-6705, require some additional work around the connecting doors on the front of the locomotives, as we are not happy with the fit and finish here, and other small areas that require improvement. However, once implemented, they will form a cracking model of one of the nations most favourite diesel locomotives'

'to avoid swamping the factory and to ensure delivery in a timely fashion, we will now have to batch produce them and deliver the entire first run over three deliveries'

'Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023'

For the full update please refer to Accurascale's website, which can be found here. 

As stated in Accurascale's update, we are now expecting our models at the end of February 2023, which is when we hope to begin dispatch to you. We apologise that this date is later than anticipated but we hope that the additional time delays to ensure these models are produced to the highest possible standard will be worth the wait. 

Thank you again for your patience, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best Wishes,

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, stovepipe said:

From Accurascale's last update :

The delivery schedule is as follows:

Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s. These are now in production and scheduled to ship at the end of August from China, arriving in stock in mid-October.

Batch 2 is the 37/6s and the Yellow 97/3. Planned shipment end of October, arriving in stock in mid December.

Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023.

I know that - my comment was more that some people have only just realised they are arriving, or maybe even available, and are off loading their existing stock while the prices are good and the demand is there!

2 hours ago, JohnR said:

Seems to be a sudden flood of ViTrains and Bachmann Class 37s on ebay. Does someone know that the Accurascale models are imminent?

There was also reduced listing fees from Ebay at the weekend there, so that might contribute too 😉

• Like 1