Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

More money i can per order more stuff with you now,it is what it is and thanks for being open and honest about it,perfection comes at a price and to be honest i for one would not have griped if more money was needed to get them finished,stress does you no good and its not worth any of you guys health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Fran and Team AS,

Good things come to those who wait-I’m certainly looking forward to the arrivals in the new year.

“The further good news is that we have secured sufficient supply for run 2 too, so keep an eye out for that”

This comment in your update has piqued my interest significantly  😀 Ooooh let frothing commence, more beautiful blue and large logo ones pretty please 🙏

all the best

Peter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:
3 hours ago, Gremlin99 said:

Gives me a bit more time to save for Lord Hinton (assuming that’s a batch 1 loco?).

Hi Gremlin99, Correct, 402 is in the first batch.

Err, isn't Lord Hinton 37 409?  

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

I hope wife’s and girlfriends don’t look on here and find out the real cost of model railways 

My wife told me she has a couple of pairs of expensive jeans at $150 each. I did not bring up my model railways.

Edited by wairoa
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Don’t Panic! 😆

Chaps I can’t find anything on the website or newsletter that says which locos are in batches 1,2 & 3

From the website;

“We had hoped to deliver this batch of locomotives this month, but as you can gather, that is now unrealistic. We have now an updated delivery date for all three batches that are as follows; 

Batch One: January 2023

Batch Two: March 2023

Batch Three: April 2023”

Just curious which one my one is in and I’m sure others are too, if you could list which is which? 😎

From an earlier update:

Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s. These are now in production and scheduled to ship at the end of August from China, arriving in stock in mid-October.

Batch 2 is the 37/6s and the Yellow 97/3. Planned shipment end of October, arriving in stock in mid December.

Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s. Planned shipment end of December, arriving in stock in February 2023”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, LMSfan72 said:

Batch 1 is the Scottish Headlamp 37/0s and modern 37/4s.

Batch 2 is the 37/6s and the Yellow 97/3.

Batch 3 is the Blue/Green 37/0s.

So now

Batch One: January 2023

Batch Two: March 2023

Batch Three: April 2023

Great stuff thank you for finding that, always helpful when someone knows where to find it. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

Diplomatic...... 

The good news is that model railways will usually outlive clothing!  You have the bargain!

That is before we discuss that clothes depreciate in value, whereas model railway secondhand values seem to be holding or, indeed, increasing. 

Roy

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hound Dog said:

It is going to be torture listening to many rave about their new 37’s between January and my Green version arriving in April…… might have to crank up the CV settings on my Deltics to drown out the noise - LOL

I've not even ordered any yet because none really cover the area which I model.

I have mentioned to the staff that I will buy Stratford ones & I expect may others will too, so I hope these will be included in future batches. They simply smiled back at me.

Time is not a problem.

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

That is before we discuss that clothes depreciate in value, whereas model railway secondhand values seem to be holding or, indeed, increasing. 

Roy

You’re going discuss logic in a trains vs  clothes discussion with the other half? 

It’s a good job looks don’t kill, although it appears you may find them making you feel slightly uncomfortable 😉

• Funny 5

16 hours ago, MoonM said:

Well, at least they didn't all fall off a pallet whilst being delivered to the warehouse 

15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @MoonM,

I saw that this evening and well, my heart sunk. What an awful thing to happen and the rapido team have our deepest sympathy on that one. What an awful watch it was and thing to happen on such a lovely model (I do have one of the first batch myself)

Really hope the boxes did their job and protected the models!

Cheers!

Fran 

Unfortunately, it was like a slo mo horror film.  As soon as the truck driver placed the pallet on the skew on the taillift we knew it was going to end really badly. As you say, deepest sympathies to Rapido as you and they are my goto model manufacturers - even though you tease us rotten.  You really need to announce the centre headcode 37s so we can get the orders in.  You know we want those big dirty green and blue BR CF LE ML and IM beasts, and we could start paying for them even if they don't arrive until late 2024 or 2025 !!! Also soon time to announce more building Britain wagons like XKBs and YTXs - Steve Nicholls are you listening !!!!      

3 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I've not even ordered any yet because none really cover the area which I model.

I have mentioned to the staff that I will buy Stratford ones & I expect may others will too, so I hope these will be included in future batches. They simply smiled back at me.

Time is not a problem.

Quite a lot of locomotives went to Stratford I believe, in the good old days for overhaul when Stratford was a Level 5 Depot.  Plus expect being London anything could pretty much turn up, especially with a Freightliner Depot etc., nearby permitting locos to hitch a ride to works.  Oh, how we used to run the railway..... 

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

On twitter,paint your pallet orange and black........37607 HNRC

Ffnj3gDWQAAoMp4?format=jpg&name=small

The 37/0 and 37/5 that originally made it into HNRC would be nice too. Little surprised that the black don't as low as the top if the grills, or even to the traditional window frames as per TTG liveries. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

Wow that looks a bit cool

Would be a good one for run 2 to go with the Rails exclusive 610 perhaps?

Or 37405 in the same livery....

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alan Oliver said:

Hoping a second batch has a 37/5 in intercity 37515 for example and a 37/7 in Mainline as 37798.

Think 798 has been done twice by Bachmann (via Rail Express) and even earlier than that by Lima (sorry about any nasty words!) .  How about 37803 in Mainline Blue? 

• Agree 1