Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

If a second run is announced, any chance that 37901 in ROG livery could make an appearance if it’s not to difficult to alter the tooling?  As it seems to making more and more foray’s onto the mainline, certainly nice to see it modelled.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

If a second run is announced, any chance that 37901 in ROG livery could make an appearance if it’s not to difficult to alter the tooling?  As it seems to making more and more foray’s onto the mainline, certainly nice to see it modelled.

Probably a good idea to get the sound files off it just incase the Mirrlees engine is swopped out since its unique,needs put on the too do list.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, jools1959 said:

901 is out playing today with 418 and Caroline

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, 97406 said:

At the risk of dragging the thread off topic, I shall leave this here (again from Flickr)! Hint, hint, bogies….

Preserved Loadhaul Liveried Class 50, 50035 "Ark Royal"

The next few months will bring plenty bogies,mainly green,lets just get the 37,s here before we go to other classes eh,we are all different as the last few pages prove,love the colour,hate the colour......the lads have enough on the agenda,good things come to those who wait......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The next few months will bring plenty bogies,mainly green,lets just get the 37,s here before we go to other classes eh,we are all different as the last few pages prove,love the colour,hate the colour......the lads have enough on the agenda,good things come to those who wait......

You ain’t seen me, roight?

87987D12-D206-48A5-B878-D1A389878E91.jpeg

• Funny 6

The noticeably underscale wheels supplied with Accurascale's 'Deltic' – only 3ft diameter compared to the altogether heftier-looking 3ft 7ins of the real thing – are one of its least attractive features. The way the loco has been designed, it is difficult if not impossible to replace them with wheels of the correct diameter and still negotiate tighter-than-scale curves.

As both Bachmann and ViTrains recognise, the wheels of a class 37 are also 3ft 7ins diameter. Would Fran like to confirm what diameter of wheels his model will use and if the same unfortunate compromise has once again been deemed necessary?

I apologise if this issue has been clarified elsewhere in the topic but I have been unable to find a reference.

Thanks,

Bob

39 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

I apologise if this issue has been clarified elsewhere in the topic but I have been unable to find a reference.

Dear Burb,

Wakey, wakey.

Loadsa references or from the website.

AccurabasgClass37.jpg.8a3cd8af73b6370c0c49c570a15cedfa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Dear Burb,

Wakey, wakey.

Loadsa references or from the website.

AccurabasgClass37.jpg.8a3cd8af73b6370c0c49c570a15cedfa.jpg

I make that 3 feet and 6.6 inches. That is a SHOCKING 0.4inches smaller! Totally unacceptable, please cancel my subscription, etc...

• Like 1
  • Funny 14

12 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I make that 3 feet and 6.6 inches. That is a SHOCKING 0.4inches smaller! Totally unacceptable, please cancel my subscription, etc...

Well, drastic and immediate action was not what I expected. Just clarification from the manufacturer.

Just as well I made my apologies first, I suppose.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

The noticeably underscale wheels supplied with Accurascale's 'Deltic' – only 3ft diameter compared to the altogether heftier-looking 3ft 7ins of the real thing – are one of its least attractive features. The way the loco has been designed, it is difficult if not impossible to replace them with wheels of the correct diameter and still negotiate tighter-than-scale curves.

As both Bachmann and ViTrains recognise, the wheels of a class 37 are also 3ft 7ins diameter. Would Fran like to confirm what diameter of wheels his model will use and if the same unfortunate compromise has once again been deemed necessary?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes we can confirm that the 37 has the correct sized wheels. Thankfully getting the bodyshape right on the 37 does not hamper it on second radius curves, unlike the Deltic. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Bob,

Yes we can confirm that the 37 has the correct sized wheels. Thankfully getting the bodyshape right on the 37 does not hamper it on second radius curves, unlike the Deltic. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Very much get the impression it's a decision where either option is bad for various reasons and it's the least bad of the two to be made.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

It was more out of curiosity. I don't even own an Accurascale Deltic!

Strange that. I don't even have a class 37 ordered. Might be nice though. Pre-TOPS, split headcode, blue, RHS, if anyone is listening. 6772 if you can manage it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Regarding the size of wheels and R2 curves. I wonder how many modellers likely to buy models like the Deltic or 37 have R2 curves on their layouts? I can see a case for it off-scene, but as a recent returnee to the field of modeling, I won’t go beneath 2’ radius. A couple of early Bachmann 40s have had the bogie swing restricted so they don’t knock the additional chassis detailing off, so they won’t get round R2 any more.

It’s just something I’ve been pondering.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Regarding the size of wheels and R2 curves. I wonder how many modellers likely to buy models like the Deltic or 37 have R2 curves on their layouts? I can see a case for it off-scene, but as a recent returnee to the field of modeling, I won’t go beneath 2’ radius. A couple of early Bachmann 40s have had the bogie swing restricted so they don’t knock the additional chassis detailing off, so they won’t get round R2 any more.

It’s just something I’ve been pondering.

It's the proverbial rock and a hard place for the manufacturers.  The standard for most models these days seems to be R2, so I totally understand AS producing the Deltic to work with R2 as well.  This whole modelling thing is full of compromises!  I can't say I look at the AS Deltic and thing "damn those wheels are small".  I don't perceive any issue at all with the wheel diameter.

There was someone on RMweb recently asking about R1.  Yikes.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6