Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, 55020 said:

It's the proverbial rock and a hard place for the manufacturers.  The standard for most models these days seems to be R2, so I totally understand AS producing the Deltic to work with R2 as well.  This whole modelling thing is full of compromises!  I can't say I look at the AS Deltic and thing "damn those wheels are small".  I don't perceive any issue at all with the wheel diameter.

There was someone on RMweb recently asking about R1.  Yikes.

Yeah, I don’t notice the wheels on the Deltics. I won’t be sticking the correct diameter ones  in, either.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Consett > Tyne Yard not doable.  9P72 Tees > Raisby tripper for 1969 looks a goer. Loads of Conflat L's and Berry Wiggins tanks.

Diverted via Relly Mill Junction? Bit of a trek.

49 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Regarding the size of wheels and R2 curves. I wonder how many modellers likely to buy models like the Deltic or 37 have R2 curves on their layouts? I can see a case for it off-scene, but as a recent returnee to the field of modeling, I won’t go beneath 2’ radius. A couple of early Bachmann 40s have had the bogie swing restricted so they don’t knock the additional chassis detailing off, so they won’t get round R2 any more.

It’s just something I’ve been pondering.

I tried to have a minimum of R3 curves on my layout, but due to space had to include R2 points (Hornby standard and Peco Setrack). N gauge is too small for my liking.  Would have been an awful shame if I had to miss out on the best model Deltic ever just because I have R2 curves!  I would also miss out on what will probably be the best model 37 ever when Accurascale release the large logo mid 80s 37/4 that I’m patiently waiting for since the 37s were announced a couple of years ago. 

As someone else has written elsewhere, modelling is all about compromises. Under scale wheels on a fantastic Deltic is not something I notice, even now I know that they’re not the right size.  

• Like 3

My plan was NEVER to go less than R3 and in most cases keep higher than that. But of course plans changed and only way i Could get the extra loop to connect up (off scene) was with 1

section of R2…. TBH it is a loop off mainline so easily avoided for those locos that don’t like the sharpness but demonstrates how you can end up with R2 even if you didn’t mean to

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

In terms of on-topic Class 37’ness it has fully accurate, scale wheels in accurate, replica bogies that can still handle radius 2 curves :) hope that helps :) 

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, McC said:

In terms of on-topic Class 37’ness it has fully accurate, scale wheels in accurate, replica bogies that can still handle radius 2 curves :) hope that helps :) 

I’d still buy one if it had under scale wheels. Would have to be 37402 in large logo with Oor Wullie nameplates though. Hint hint. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

To be fair to any manufacturer, as one supplier of wheels notes, the real things wear down, so it's not unreasonable for a wheel to be under its as designed size, thus its not unreasonable for a model wheel to be slightly undersize too. 

And, 

As I always say

16.5mm??? 4mm scale? Nothing is perfect in this hobby! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Paul_sterling said:

To be fair to any manufacturer, as one supplier of wheels notes, the real things wear down, so it's not unreasonable for a wheel to be under its as designed size, thus its not unreasonable for a model wheel to be slightly undersize too. 

And, 

As I always say

16.5mm??? 4mm scale? Nothing is perfect in this hobby! 

Hence what I would regard as the major advantage of TT120. Not that I’m going to dabble.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

56 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

😆 Even an 88. I’ve got used to sub-standard gauge and tension locks, but a fairground miniature would be a step too far.

I don't think it would be a promise you'll ever have to fulfill. If nobody can be bothered with it in OO there's probably no way in hell somebody would try it in TT.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 27/10/2022 at 19:00, RBAGE said:

9P30, if you can manage it. Much obligated.

And what wagons would 'Sir' like to go with his 37......

And will 'Sir' be requiring a Driver and Second Man to accompany ones Class 37......and so what beverage would 'Sir' like in the drinks receptacle?........ And would 'Sir' like that with Milk and Sugar..... 

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Can we have a Loadhaul liveried class 37 in the next batch announcement please......pretty please 🙏🙏

No, ugly 37s aren't allowed.  Simples 😂

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, 55020 said:

No, ugly 37s aren't allowed.  Simples 😂

I dont know how to rate that post, do I laugh, like it or agree it…

So I went with clever, as its perfect.

🙃

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

On 28/10/2022 at 13:14, No Decorum said:

I dabbled. British RTR H0 fell flat on its face and I picked up the green Warship dirt cheap. At least it runs on my track.

00 H0.jpg

Nice. I would definitely buy British HO if I could. I have 3 00 Class 66s and 1 HO Class 66. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, wairoa said:

Nice. I would definitely buy British HO if I could. I have 3 00 Class 66s and 1 HO Class 66. 

I have a few British outline HO, class 08,42,66, Eurostar and a few s160 and USATC 0-6-0. 
i’m more interested in British HO than this TT malarky.

But i think reality is that it would be dependant on European sales to make it work, and thus the scope of viable prototypes would be limited to UK outlines with considerable time in Europe, though that could include classes 37, 58 and 92.

However as there are several class 66’s in HO already and no one has made it in a UK livery suggests Europeans arent over excited by their prospects, and the 66 is arguablybthe biggest shot… its the reverse of the Hornby OO Roumanian 92 and Hungarian 56 which dont seem very popular.

Probably for another thread.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 01/11/2022 at 02:06, wairoa said:

But Hattons OO 66 (+cost of a bottle of superglue) versus HO 66 - Esu etc, could you afford 3 HO 66's? Then of course it's getting the stock to run with them, that don't look out of place....(a few  bits of Roco works sometimes) But unless you model a world where Channel Tunnel freights took off.... 

• Like 1

Hi Fran.

Nothing in todays Bachmann Winter 2022 announcements regarding more class 37s (other classes of locomotive are available..) which came as something of a surprise, to me anyway.

I was quite expecting them to offer an ROG 37/9 and DRS 37/0 with Wipac lights with their new tooling…

Can we look forward to a further announcement soon regarding batch 2 and the versions/livery options that will be available? Must we be patient until Warley?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Hi Fran.

Nothing in todays Bachmann Winter 2022 announcements regarding more class 37s (other classes of locomotive are available..) which came as something of a surprise, to me anyway.

I was quite expecting them to offer an ROG 37/9 and DRS 37/0 with Wipac lights with their new tooling…

Can we look forward to a further announcement soon regarding batch 2 and the versions/livery options that will be available? Must we be patient until Warley?

Warleys not that far off ,not long to wait if thats when we find out whats next,they will be interviewing the dancers for the stand,if im right its 92 next then i guess the manor with the 37 in the new year now............

• RMweb Gold
Just now, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Warleys not that far off ,not long to wait if thats when we find out whats next,they will be interviewing the dancers for the stand,if im right its 92 next then i guess the manor with the 37 in the new year now............

92, manor, batch 1 37 and all the mk5’s should be here by year end all going well but there might be some holiday slippage if we get to close to Christmas. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2