Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I do feel for you in the situation, so don't take my comments as being unsympathetic.

Not at all! We often say and it bears repeating that we value all feedback and criticism. It genuinely helps us improve. 

The unspoken ‘contract’ or benefit of preordering too is that prices don’t go up. Lots and lots of people got their 92 for £50 less than current RRP by preordering before the rising cost of pcbs and opening to trade drove the price up and we’ve never otherwise changed the pricing on anything once orders are opened. 

We always say balances are not due until the models are here and customer feedback tells us that you like plenty of notice to plan cashflow which is why we raise the bills between 60-90 days ahead of expected arrival. We offer reservations, installments and also in stock credit with PayPal and Clearpay to help cashflows and planning too and really don’t want or need to hang on to your cash unnecessarily. We’re more than happy to refund balance payments if needed though you will reset your place in the shipping queue. 

Delays cause issues and frustration no matter what and keeping communication clear and open is important. If anyone would like more just contact us on chat or email or messenger and our amazing support team can help in any way we can. 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, McC said:

On the cash point of view, no stock leaves China without being paid in full and no work starts on assembly without down payments. 

Indeed true, I have dealt with a company in China since 2004 however they still insist on a deposit to start manufacturing admittedly they dropped this from 30% to 20% last year and yes we have to pay for the shipment before it ships from the factory

• Like 2

OK, before this thread becomes a depressing and totally pointless argument,  can't we just all agree that:

1. We are all massive accura fans. 

2. There's more than enough payment methods and that none of them are crowdfunding

3. We all hate delays, but hey the world went crazy in 2020 and it still hasnt recovered, and in the big scheme of things it's no big deal if toy trains are delayed, after all no one is going to cancel their preorders over an 8 week delay are they? And it gives us more time to play with the deltics, 92s and all those wagons already sitting on our layouts.

4. We all want accura to make a class 40. And an 82....and 304....and 310

(See what I did there, I turned an argument into a wish list and if there's one thing rmweb loves it's a wishlist)

• Like 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

So on a lighter note, lets hope on our layouts of the future, we can recreate this scene..

4F7540B2-C2B0-4F30-91B5-C0FB45780AF0.jpeg.af0f6b4dfa420d3123f4961fa2936d6b.jpeg
The front and back are already sorted, just need the middle.

46E3D28C-5309-439E-A5C6-EF6D9F2E5F1D.jpeg.15b37e1f531bb631c8143031d51e86b3.jpeg

just maybe not with the sloshing downpour…

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

just need the middle

Middle can be done with a bit of work to the Hornby LSL ones can't it?

And 418 isn't an AS one. Yet at least, and TBH now I have a Bachmann one I hope they don't do it 😆

Edited by TomScrut

A set of mk 3s would be good, but not as good as a 4mm scale rain system which would be truly impressive, scaling those raindrops down would take some ingenuity! 

I'd definitely buy it though, as a boy trainspotting on crewe Station it seemed to always be raining, which resulted in missing loco numbers due to fully zipped up snorkel coat hood and soggy cheese butties. Ah sweet memories! 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

OK, before this thread becomes a depressing and totally pointless argument,  can't we just all agree that:

1. We are all massive accura fans. 

2. There's more than enough payment methods and that none of them are crowdfunding

3. We all hate delays, but hey the world went crazy in 2020 and it still hasnt recovered, and in the big scheme of things it's no big deal if toy trains are delayed, after all no one is going to cancel their preorders over an 8 week delay are they? And it gives us more time to play with the deltics, 92s and all those wagons already sitting on our layouts.

(See what I did there, I turned an argument into a wish list and if there's one thing rmweb loves it's a wishlist)

Hell yeah !!!!

Before that though Accurascale need to announce and open up the order book for the next phase of class 37s  - the centre headcodes.

My preference would be a GSYP D69er and maybe a GFYE D66er and something like blue 37192 with bracket and headlight for Central Wales duties.  There are Flickr images but not sure how they can be shown here

www.flickr.com/photos/12a_kingmoor_klickr/9320818723

I agree though AM4 AM10 class 40 class 82 all sound good, but we also need HTOs and HTVs in the powering Britain range 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, scumcat said:

Roy I never mentioned crowd funding tosh you have used those words not me and I understand it’s voluntary. I was just laying down my thoughts on doing what I do. 

With respect, I deliberately quoted no individual poster, crowdfunding had been mentioned several times. 

Roy

15 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Hell yeah !!!!

Before that though Accurascale need to announce and open up the order book for the next phase of class 37s  - the centre headcodes.

My preference would be a GSYP D69er and maybe a GFYE D66er and something like blue 37192 with bracket and headlight for Central Wales duties.  There are Flickr images but not sure how they can be shown here

www.flickr.com/photos/12a_kingmoor_klickr/9320818723

I agree though AM4 AM10 class 40 class 82 all sound good, but we also need HTOs and HTVs in the powering Britain range 

37192 with bracket and headlight also handy for West Highland duties too 😀

See Accurascale you already have 2 customers lined up. You know it makes sense.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

A set of mk 3s would be good, but not as good as a 4mm scale rain system which would be truly impressive, scaling those raindrops down would take some ingenuity! 

I'd definitely buy it though, as a boy trainspotting on crewe Station it seemed to always be raining, which resulted in missing loco numbers due to fully zipped up snorkel coat hood and soggy cheese butties. Ah sweet memories! 

Unfortunatley water is something that simply doesn’t scale. It’s a well known problem in fluid dynamics when it comes to testing models of real ships and aircraft. Also a problem for film makers doing things with miniatures, although less of a problem with CGI. So you wouldn’t be able to make 4mm scale rain. And I don’t think it would sell well with people who use card for structures. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I can add a +1 to that. Making it a Class 40, 83, 304 and 310…

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

With respect, I deliberately quoted no individual poster, crowdfunding had been mentioned several times. 

Roy

Even I’ve thought that, but it’s not intentional, more brought about by the last 2 or 3 years. China’s government proper messed up on the ‘Zero Covid’ thing which doesn’t help the situation at the moment, but it will hopefully settle down for the people over there once they get through this bout of infections. My thoughts are with them. 

20 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Unfortunatley water is something that simply doesn’t scale. It’s a well known problem in fluid dynamics when it comes to testing models of real ships and aircraft. Also a problem for film makers doing things with miniatures, although less of a problem with CGI. So you wouldn’t be able to make 4mm scale rain. And I don’t think it would sell well with people who use card for structures. 

Yes, I was joking, I didn't really think pouring water over my trainset was a good idea.  It's not Sam's trains here! 😁

• Funny 4

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Before that though Accurascale need to announce and open up the order book for the next phase of class 37s

My personal hope in that regard is some centre headcodes (as you’ve said though I would prefer BR Green SYP or Large Logo Blue) and maybe 37800 or some other 37/7.

54 minutes ago, scumcat said:

China’s government went the zero covid route because their vaccine was not an MNra vaccine and therefore didn’t provide the lasting protection that others did. It’s only now that china is suffering under the weakest of covid variants that they are able to let it spread. 88 million cases might sound a lot but they have a huge population. The death rate which is the one to look out for is still very small 0.0007 per cent. Flu kills 2-3% every year here.

If you’re daft enough to believe their statistics…

• Agree 2

Hoping for some Scottish centre head code 37/0’s in the next announcement. Seems to be popular from reading other posts on here. 
Oh, did I mention a MK2c announcement would go down well with us modelling all things Scottish as well!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Covkid said:

There are Flickr images but not sure how they can be shown here

I could show them for you - but you have disabled sharing on flickr. 

On the dark line on the bottom of your flickr photo click on the arrow to the right (second symbol from right hand of screen) - the chose BB-code. Copy the text string shown in the box and paste it into your RMWEB thread. When you send your reply the photo will show where the string of letters was.

Hope this helps.

Nice photo by theway.