Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, GRUNFOS said:

I was asked to pay for, and did, my sound fitted 37 001, presumably they aren't far away.

Hi there,

Full update schedule here and we are still on course for it: https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/blogs/news/project-update-class-37-january-2023

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Is it later in the week yet ? 😁

I just want to know what's in the next batch , just ordered baseboards & traverser so the new layout will be getting started in about 6 weeks so hoping there will be a loco or two to fit the plan

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I just want to know what's in the next batch , just ordered baseboards & traverser so the new layout will be getting started in about 6 weeks so hoping there will be a loco or two to fit the plan

That can be risky!  I did the same when SLW announced their Highland 24s, five years ago.....

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

A simple solution I found was to situate the layout near a main works so I can get away with all sorts of exotic traction, though it is a fictitious locale. ETA, though sometimes I just say ‘Sod it’ if I see something I like anyway!😀

Edited by 97406
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

Hope you have ordered the heavy duty version of the baseboards and traversed to cope with the weight of a couple of these locos!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This is hugely tempting but with 6700 and 37043 already on order I think I'm going to pass on this and wait for the next batch (i.e. 4/5 onwards with the powered fan unit). I also am hoping to get 37027 in the left overs.

I know this was asked a whilst back but I'd presume it requires a chassis redesign to accommodate this and isn't as simple as say fitting the Accurathrash speakers?

Edited by E100
edited to be clearer in the question

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Since we announced our second run of Deltics, the question we get asked most often is; "When can I order a Class 37?" 

We've got our second production run waiting to announce once the first tractors arrive, and the first production run is long sold out.

Or is it?

Well, we actually have one from that first production run that we never announced. So welcome to our latest "Accurascale Exclusives" locomotive, available only direct via Accurascale; D6703 in BR Green with small yellow warning panels!

GEB_1772.jpeg.ccd7c83a75e23cdfc2b9c07c4de9ed57.jpeg

D6703 will arrive in special presentation packaging like you have come to expect from our exclusives range and will arrive as part of "Batch 3", due for delivery in June 2023. The production run is limited to 550 pieces split between DC/DCC Ready and DCC sound, so pre-ordering is recommended to avoid disappointment. 

Read all about it here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/new-accurascale-exclusive-class-37

(Please note that locomotive in the images provided is first decoration sample, with wrong body details specific to this loco used and with slight improvements to fit and finish made on production models you will receive)

Cheers!

Fran

Minor niggle but I would have ordered this rather than D6702 had I known the latter had the blue TOPS data panel that effectively dates it to late '60's rather than 'mid '60's' as stated. I've pre ordered from my local model shop so am committed. Will just have to get the T-cut out I guess. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Minor niggle but I would have ordered this rather than D6702 had I known the latter had the blue TOPS data panel that effectively dates it to late '60's rather than 'mid '60's' as stated. I've pre ordered from my local model shop so am committed. Will just have to get the T-cut out I guess. 

News to me, had not seen the TOPS data panel, so thanks for pointing it out. Is that the only correction needed to get it back to mid 60's? Or perhaps this has been removed on the production model?

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

News to me, had not seen the TOPS data panel, so thanks for pointing it out. Is that the only correction needed to get it back to mid 60's? Or perhaps this has been removed on the production model?

I mentioned it up thread when I first saw the adverts with D6702 - I thought I was pointing out a livery error with the sample. Turns out it was always planned to be in this condition. We'll also need to remove the shed plate below the number I think 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Thanks Patrick for switching my order from D6702 to D6703, top service as always.

Lucky you! If I had known I would have switched D6704 to D6703. Just placed an order for D6703 so toooooo late.

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Lucky you! If I had known I would have switched D6704 to D6703. Just placed an order for D6703 so toooooo late.

I think I could have phrased that better cancelled D6702 and ordered D6703 🤔